BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      09-04-2015, 04:32 AM   #1
unstoppable6t2
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320ci convertible

Service question

Hi,

As part of a contract hire deal for a new 6 series GC that I'm negotiating with the dealers at the moment, I'm being offered 'full maintenance and tyres' package for a service rental of £18 a month (totalling to appox £430 for the full 2 year term). Is this worth it?

Will the car even need a service in the first 2 years?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2015, 09:54 AM   #2
m34SPD
Picture me rollin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: e36 m3, e39 m5, f80 m3 CS

Yes it will. Oil change, brakes (depending how you drive) and whatever extra. $430 is a bargain.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2015, 10:29 AM   #3
Nickwp
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 640D GC

It's an absolute bargain and the first thing I included on my new order.

You will definitely need a service which would have set you back around £300, but the major saving is the tyres. You will go through a set of tyres in the two years and speaking to kwik fit when I had mine changed it would have cost the best part of £1k if I'd paid for it myself. Plus it covers you for punctures too.

You will save a lot taking the maintenance and tyres option.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2015, 10:51 AM   #4
unstoppable6t2
United Kingdom
Rep

Hi nickwp - does the insurance cover wear and tear as well?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2015, 11:35 AM   #5
Nickwp
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 640D GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by unstoppable6t2 View Post
Hi nickwp - does the insurance cover wear and tear as well?
The Maintenance and Tyres options covers any servicing requirements the car needs and fair wear and tear of tyres including punctures. It won't cover if you hit a kerb for example and damge the wheel and tyre, but it will cover for punctures. I had my tyres replaced after 14k miles, but for example if you were just lighting up the rears all the time and they needed replacing after 5k then I think BMW might reject this according to the fair wear and tear useage.

My dealer didn't offer me the alloy repair insurance but have since seen in mentioned on the forum a few time. To be honest the dealership have just repaired all four alloys and some paint scratches and chips before it goes back for a total cost of £150, which I think was an unbelievable deal, probably helped by me ordering another car from them. I do understand though that the alloy insurance does cover for quite a few repairs over the term of the contract, so if the cost isn't exbortant you might want to look at that.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2015, 07:26 AM   #6
unstoppable6t2
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickwp View Post
The Maintenance and Tyres options covers any servicing requirements the car needs and fair wear and tear of tyres including punctures. It won't cover if you hit a kerb for example and damge the wheel and tyre, but it will cover for punctures. I had my tyres replaced after 14k miles, but for example if you were just lighting up the rears all the time and they needed replacing after 5k then I think BMW might reject this according to the fair wear and tear useage.

My dealer didn't offer me the alloy repair insurance but have since seen in mentioned on the forum a few time. To be honest the dealership have just repaired all four alloys and some paint scratches and chips before it goes back for a total cost of £150, which I think was an unbelievable deal, probably helped by me ordering another car from them. I do understand though that the alloy insurance does cover for quite a few repairs over the term of the contract, so if the cost isn't exbortant you might want to look at that.
Thanks for your advice nickwp. I've decided that I'll take out the service/tyre cover from BMW and got quotes for gap insurance, scratch and dent insurance and alloy wheel insurance from car2cover as their prices seem very reasonable given the benefits and peace of mind.
Appreciate 0