BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

03-20-2015, 10:01 PM   #23
shiftn7
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 14 SL550, 14 M6

finishing up a deal on an M6 for $32k off. they aren't selling well at all and there is a facelift coming. I like them when they sticker at like 130k-145k. Go with 100k-110k respectively. They will accommodate if you have purchased before.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2015, 02:04 AM   #24
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Here in the UK yesterday I checked and £6K is all the contribution offered by BMW, which is frankly laughable, they will NOT be selling many here at that price.
      03-21-2015, 02:16 AM   #25
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

And here in Irvine I saw the other day Irvine BMW had 2 M6 (Coupe and GC) with 10k Mark up!
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2015, 07:00 AM   #26
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe
And here in Irvine I saw the other day Irvine BMW had 2 M6 (Coupe and GC) with 10k Mark up!
Man, Irvine and McKenna are seriously thieves.

Thank the Lord for Crevier
      03-21-2015, 11:25 AM   #27
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Just found this NEW deal today on the web: http://www.bmw.co.uk/en_GB/topics/ow...ailoffers.html

Very good deal.
      03-21-2015, 12:41 PM   #28
nyy13lal24dal9
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15' M6 Gran Coupe

Got one dealer down to 18k off. I want to take it to the dealer that has the one I want I hope they match it.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2015, 07:47 PM   #29
CalifBrit
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M6 MT Gran Coupe, Comp pkg

Yes, they are starting to put mark up on the cars now, like they were doing back in 2000/2001.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2015, 11:50 PM   #30
JimM6GC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M6 GC; '16 B6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSugarSkulls View Post

Having visited and tried to make deals at both Irvine and McKenna (and finally going with Crevier for my latest purchase), I fully agree.

And this coming from a guy who griped about Crevier in the past. At least they can get you the car you want, and I have not seen them pull the added-dealer-markup BS. Now if I could just get them to answer my emails in, say, less than a week.
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2015, 11:53 PM   #31
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM6GC
Quote:

Having visited and tried to make deals at both Irvine and McKenna (and finally going with Crevier for my latest purchase), I fully agree.

And this coming from a guy who griped about Crevier in the past. At least they can get you the car you want, and I have not seen them pull the added- dealer-markup BS. Now if I could just get them to answer my emails in, say, less than a week.
Hahahaa I only deal with one guy from Crevier. His names Brad- super attention to detail and even replies to me when he's away on time off (like this weekend when I had to update my order lol) they also BEAT the pricing offered by an auto broker which was discounting the new 16 9K. Crevier gave me 12K off

Call him next time you're going for an order!
      03-22-2015, 12:18 AM   #32
JimM6GC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hahahaa I only deal with one guy from Crevier. His names Brad- super attention to detail and even replies to me when he's away on time off (like this weekend when I had to update my order lol) they also BEAT the pricing offered by an auto broker which was discounting the new 16 9K. Crevier gave me 12K off

I'll DENFINITELY remember that. It's my second purchase from them. I "fired" two salespeople from there when I got the M6GC (both gave me demonstrably false information, which really pushes my buttons), and the first person happened to be the one who answered my inquiry for the second purchase, so that person was assigned to the sale. A reasonably pleasant person, but it just does not meet my own standards for doing business. On the other hand, my heightened focus on customer service that others don't give is probably why I have had loyal clients who paid me enough to buy his 'n' her 6-ers.
Appreciate 1
      03-22-2015, 02:41 AM   #33
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM6GC
Quote:

I'll DENFINITELY remember that. It's my second purchase from them. I "fired" two salespeople from there when I got the M6GC (both gave me demonstrably false information, which really pushes my buttons), and the first person happened to be the one who answered my inquiry for the second purchase, so that person was assigned to the sale. A reasonably pleasant person, but it just does not meet my own standards for doing business. On the other hand, my heightened focus on customer service that others don't give is probably why I have had loyal clients who paid me enough to buy his 'n' her 6-ers.
I totally know what you mean, there's a reason why i went from dealer to dealer for this vehicle (I got lucky that my 2014 M6 was a lease takeover) but McKenna tried to tell me that I Can't order "individual colors" because only dealers can do that- and even after I proved them wrong- they tried charging me a 5K deposit AND a credit check now, when the car goes into production AND when it arrives to make sure my debt to income wasn't affected (even though I told them countless times- I'm prepaying the lease- I don't do monthly installments) anyways- point is- a lot of sales reps for this brand, are idiots- funny how they all end up somehow at the same dealers.

Luckily for you- you don't have to go through this for a while. But I'm sure brad would be able to help you out NP
      03-22-2015, 04:09 PM   #34
WatfordPaul
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

Love Peter Vardy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBMWM5 View Post
Just found this NEW deal today on the web: http://www.bmw.co.uk/en_GB/topics/ow...ailoffers.html

Very good deal.
Hello. My first post! This UK deal has £24,651 contribution (split £15,151 from dealer + £9,500 from BMW), plus 0% finance:
http://www.petervardybmw.co.uk/cars/...é/7397269-104/

Now that's a good starting point. !'m waiting for the dealer to come back to me.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 08:56 AM   #35
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatfordPaul View Post
Hello. My first post! This UK deal has £24,651 contribution (split £15,151 from dealer + £9,500 from BMW), plus 0% finance:

Now that's a good starting point. !'m waiting for the dealer to come back to me.
Is this on the NEW M6 GC or old stock cars?.
      03-26-2015, 11:19 PM   #36
JimM6GC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatfordPaul View Post

When I clicked on the link, it said:

"MAKE A LEGAL U TURN

It seems like we’ve taken a wrong turn. Either go back to where you were before you got here or use the menu or search to find your correction destination."

Did you take the deal so that they removed the page?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2015, 11:26 PM   #37
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM6GC View Post
When I clicked on the link, it said:

"MAKE A LEGAL U TURN

It seems like we’ve taken a wrong turn. Either go back to where you were before you got here or use the menu or search to find your correction destination."

Did you take the deal so that they removed the page?
LOL... Click it again... Now it's working
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2015, 04:32 PM   #38
PhantomCypher
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ferrari FF, Hellcat, Maserati

I got 20k off but mine was a coupe. Everyone in this thread is spot-on. These cars are not in high demand and are usually highly optioned out beyond what most people can afford normally when they walk into the BMW dealership (those that can afford it already have a collection of other top brands and don't quibble on price too often)

I say play hard-ball. Heck the shipping cost to you from another dealer is enough to make me jump at a better deal and leave your local stealership in the dust!
      04-05-2015, 07:41 AM   #39
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Holy crap, this thread is terrible (sorry guys, but randomly saying $20K off is just silly). Let's look at some facts
1. BMW will often put some money towards moving a car. This happened last year on the 6-series coupes and cabs (M6 included) but not the GC. The amount was $7,500. That goes a long way towards getting towards some magical $20K off price. I am not sure if there is any money from BMW on these cars at this time (will check).
2. Go figure out the cost on the car. BMW dealers have some hold back on each car, but if you can get it for their cost, they make something and you get a great deal. Heck if you get it for $1,000-$2,500 over cost you are doing just fine on a $120K+ car.
3. Dealers have to pay the holding costs on the car - at some point they just want it gone, that's when they will take a loss. Some dealers (think California, NY, etc) just don't care - they know someone will come in some day and buy the car. So your best bet is to find a dealer in a place where this does not happen*
4. Why exactly is it against the law for a dealer to make money on the deal? I cringe at the comments where everyone expects the dealer to take a loss on each deal. And how exactly does a dealer keep the lights on? Have tens of millions in inventory, pay the insurance on all of those cars, pay the people who work there, and still let you go test drive and decide on the car you want, at their loss?

*Nebraska...I believe BMW of Lincoln is one of the larger BMW dealers in the country (Could have this confused with another place in the middle of the country). How do they do it? They price their cars fairly and then ship them to you. I've personally had great luck with Brett Midgley of Autohaus BMW in St. Louis. Fair guy and has always taken care of me.

PS - my last bit of advice is that you do not need to be a good negotiator. You just need some due diligence and patience. Email dealers throughout the country - M6Coupe has proven there are a lot out there, start emailing them and see what they come back with. As always say "with closed container shipping" because that can add up to $2,000 on the price (normally lower). You may not be able to get the exact car you want, then again, who knows!

PPS - paying more for the car you want is much better than getting the screaming deal on the car missing the two options you really wanted. You will have this thing for a long time and an extra grand or two for what you really want is always worth it (don't ask me how I know!)
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 10:12 AM   #40
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Holy crap, this thread is terrible (sorry guys, but randomly saying $20K off is just silly). Let's look at some facts
1. BMW will often put some money towards moving a car. This happened last year on the 6-series coupes and cabs (M6 included) but not the GC. The amount was $7,500. That goes a long way towards getting towards some magical $20K off price. I am not sure if there is any money from BMW on these cars at this time (will check).
2. Go figure out the cost on the car. BMW dealers have some hold back on each car, but if you can get it for their cost, they make something and you get a great deal. Heck if you get it for $1,000-$2,500 over cost you are doing just fine on a $120K+ car.
3. Dealers have to pay the holding costs on the car - at some point they just want it gone, that's when they will take a loss. Some dealers (think California, NY, etc) just don't care - they know someone will come in some day and buy the car. So your best bet is to find a dealer in a place where this does not happen*
4. Why exactly is it against the law for a dealer to make money on the deal? I cringe at the comments where everyone expects the dealer to take a loss on each deal. And how exactly does a dealer keep the lights on? Have tens of millions in inventory, pay the insurance on all of those cars, pay the people who work there, and still let you go test drive and decide on the car you want, at their loss?

*Nebraska...I believe BMW of Lincoln is one of the larger BMW dealers in the country (Could have this confused with another place in the middle of the country). How do they do it? They price their cars fairly and then ship them to you. I've personally had great luck with Brett Midgley of Autohaus BMW in St. Louis. Fair guy and has always taken care of me.

PS - my last bit of advice is that you do not need to be a good negotiator. You just need some due diligence and patience. Email dealers throughout the country - M6Coupe has proven there are a lot out there, start emailing them and see what they come back with. As always say "with closed container shipping" because that can add up to $2,000 on the price (normally lower). You may not be able to get the exact car you want, then again, who knows!

PPS - paying more for the car you want is much better than getting the screaming deal on the car missing the two options you really wanted. You will have this thing for a long time and an extra grand or two for what you really want is always worth it (don't ask me how I know!)
The first time I had argument (or discussion ) with you was exactly about this topic when I said dealers have big challenge to get rid of 6er since it's a high dollar car. There are many members have got 20-25k off MSRP for M5/M6. I even saw a thread of 27k off MSRP for M6 convertible and 30k for M5. the last one (M5) was about 2 months ago.I personally got 20k off MSRP and it was not randomly. I emailed 4 dealers each one offered me the same deal....20k off for 120k car. Even one of them send me a quote with all vehicle detail price including wholesale price (I can post it if you are interested). For that particular car, MSRP was 119,545 and wholesales price was 110,630... I finally went with the one had all options I wanted.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 10:30 AM   #41
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
The first time I had argument (or discussion ) with you was exactly about this topic when I said dealers have big challenge to get rid of 6er since it's a high dollar car. There are many members have got 20-25k off MSRP for M5/M6. I even saw a thread of 27k off MSRP for M6 convertible and 30k for M5. the last one (M5) was about 2 months ago.I personally got 20k off MSRP and it was not randomly. I emailed 4 dealers each one offered me the same deal....20k off for 120k car. Even one of them send me a quote with all vehicle detail price including wholesale price (I can post it if you are interested). For that particular car, MSRP was 119,545 and wholesales price was 110,630... I finally went with the one had all options I wanted.
And when exactly was this? During the $7,500 kickback by BMW off by chance?

PS - and once again, I think you missed the point of my thread. My point was that $20K is a random number. Why not say $30K? Why not $10K? The number is normally based on something and not random - that was my point.

Last edited by doug_999; 04-05-2015 at 10:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 01:45 PM   #42
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep

Quote:
And when exactly was this? During the $7,500 kickback by BMW off by chance?

PS - and once again, I think you missed the point of my thread. My point was that $20K is a random number. Why not say $30K? Why not $10K? The number is normally based on something and not random - that was my point.
No it was not during the 7500 kickback... 20k is not a random number ... anything between 10-25k for M5/M6 is possible... I even got about 10k off MSRP in April 2013 for a 2013 model 650i... As I said 20k off MSRP for M6 is not impossible...
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 09:11 PM   #43
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
No it was not during the 7500 kickback... 20k is not a random number ... anything between 10-25k for M5/M6 is possible... I even got about 10k off MSRP in April 2013 for a 2013 model 650i... As I said 20k off MSRP for M6 is not impossible...
I never said it was impossible. What I said was picking $20K is a random number - and that's silly.

The discount you will get on your car is based on
1. Money back from BMW
2. Time of year (are the new ones rolling onto the lot? Is the old one getting harder to get rid of?)
3. How long have they had the car?
4. Do they have a new one inbound?
5. Is the owner tired of seeing the car on the lot? (see #3)

Basically $20K off is below cost - and most dealers are not going to willingly sell a car below cost. Does it happen? You bet - but right now, you need to find a dealer willing to take the hit. And also, dealers are able to do all sorts of fun things like switch the car to a demo just before selling it to you. It shows as sold in the system (to help BMWs numbers) and yet you buy it at a larger discount. I believe they did that with my car.

So... when exactly did you buy your M6?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 09:29 PM   #44
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I never said it was impossible. What I said was picking $20K is a random number - and that's silly.

The discount you will get on your car is based on
1. Money back from BMW
2. Time of year (are the new ones rolling onto the lot? Is the old one getting harder to get rid of?)
3. How long have they had the car?
4. Do they have a new one inbound?
5. Is the owner tired of seeing the car on the lot? (see #3)

Basically $20K off is below cost - and most dealers are not going to willingly sell a car below cost. Does it happen? You bet - but right now, you need to find a dealer willing to take the hit. And also, dealers are able to do all sorts of fun things like switch the car to a demo just before selling it to you. It shows as sold in the system (to help BMWs numbers) and yet you buy it at a larger discount. I believe they did that with my car.

So... when exactly did you buy your M6?
I admit most of your points; but 20k is not a random and is not silly… like I said 20-25k is a norm.
1. There is no 20-25k money back from dealer.
2. I got my 2013 650i in April (10k off) and car was sitting in lot for 3 about 3-4 months. I got my M6 in September (20k off) and car was sitting in lot for about 8-9 months.
3. See #2
4. Yes
5. Yes
Dealers might sell a car below the cost to get rid of it. It is not a big deal to lose some money while they are making other big money from the other hundreds of cars they sell every months, especially when that car is the most expensive car they have in their lot and the chance of getting rid of that is low.
Like I said at the time I got my M6, I had 3-4 dealers quoting me the same discount on the same MSRP of their M6 and all of those cars were brand new with no mileage on them and not a demo car. I guarantee every time you want to buy this car, you can find some dealers to give you a good deal unless you are looking for a car that has arrived week/month ago
Appreciate 0