BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

12-15-2012, 11:39 PM   #1
DASF13
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

Alpine White M6 - Pictures!

Few shots of my M6 today. Finally broken in and WOW...
Attached Images

Last edited by DASF13; 12-17-2012 at 02:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 08:35 AM   #2
F12M6MD
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Rivian R1T

Great car! I have the Alpine White as well. Only 400 miles. I can't wait to push it hard after 1200 miles. I'm thinking serious about adding Meisterschaft GTC exhaust because the inside noise is not doing it for me. I'm coming from a 335is which had the sweetest exhaust note. Did you gather if anything changes about the car after the 1200 mile service (other than being able to redline it)?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 09:04 AM   #3
soldes
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6 X40I Flamenco Red

That is one sweet ride, enjoy!!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 10:57 AM   #4
Jty421
Private
Rep
Drives: Ferrari F8 Tributo

Beautiful car!!!
I picked up an Alpine M6 about 2 weeks ago.
Can't wait til hit 1200 miles so I can really push this bad boy!!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 11:32 AM   #5
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

Really great car & pics
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 02:26 PM   #6
DASF13
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F12M6MD View Post
Great car! I have the Alpine White as well. Only 400 miles. I can't wait to push it hard after 1200 miles. I'm thinking serious about adding Meisterschaft GTC exhaust because the inside noise is not doing it for me. I'm coming from a 335is which had the sweetest exhaust note. Did you gather if anything changes about the car after the 1200 mile service (other than being able to redline it)?
Congrats on your AW, haha the break-in period sure is torture, but I promise you it is definitely worth the wait. When I left the dealership I hopped on the highway for a nice long drive and all I can say WOW. As far as any differences noticed, I can't tell you whether or not the power was limited during break-in because I never tried to push her for the first 1200, and when I asked the master-tech if they were unleashing any more power, he said that whole "break in restriction" is a myth. Also, the exhaust is definitely getting louder. I think the biggest difference is in the exhaust note, when I first got the car it was much quieter than now. I feel like once you break 1500 miles you will notice the same thing, she will start to open up a bit as you are driving harder, exhaust heats up, and starts to open up. Additionally, I am getting the most beautiful backfiring sounds coming from the exhaust as well. Good luck with everything and be patient, you will be at 1200 before you know it.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 03:22 PM   #7
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Stunning! Love the motion shot.

Congrats and enjoy the beast!!
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 04:13 PM   #8
///M5Bruno
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e60 M5

B E A Utiful!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 08:49 PM   #9
Grayblack
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 and G07 X7

Enjoy the new ride!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 11:46 PM   #10
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

congrats on ur beautiful beast!

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #11
badazzm
Lieutenant
India
Rep
Drives: RRS GT2

Very nice!
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 04:24 PM   #12
Ryan@IND
United_States
Rep
Drives: ACR

Beautiful car and scenery
      12-19-2012, 02:17 PM   #13
DASF13
Rep

It's all about the U baby! Thanks to all for the kind words

Quote:
Originally Posted by the infamous... View Post
congrats on ur beautiful beast!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 03:34 PM   #14
evanevery
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: iXM60, i8 Rdstr, M4, i7 M70

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASF13 View Post
...when I asked the master-tech if they were unleashing any more power, he said that whole "break in restriction" is a myth.
Although I can certainly appreciate the effect of "wishful thinking", I do believe there might be more to the break-in "reset" than just just changing the fluids and resetting the mileage counter. I brought my M6 (White Convertible with Navarro Brown Interior) in about a month ago for the 1200 mile break-in service and here is what I noted:

1. The car definitely did "feel" more responsive and with more power after the service. Sure, this could have been a result of being more relaxed with service completed (and wishful thinking), but I can not discount my impression.

2. (More Importantly) When the vehicle was returned to me (post service), the service indicator stated "1200 Miles" to next service. (it had previously expired at 1245 miles). I pointed this out and they took the car back into the service area. About 30 minutes later I had the car back properly indicating 15000 miles to next service. Apparently, although the tech did reset the service mileage in the first attempt, it was not reset "properly". This seems to indicate that there are different methods to reset the initial service interval. One resulting in a 1200 mile interval, the other in the full 15K interval. So what else is different with these methods? Perhaps, its a little more involved to do an initial reset properly. That might also explain why it took about 30 minutes to get it done. It should be noted that it was the actual tech who was doing the work who took the car back. So it was not back there waiting for someone to do the work. Maybe they had to do some research, but it certainly looked like something more than just resetting the mileage counter was involved...

Just an observation for whatever it might be worth...

ALSO - You need to get some Gloss Black wheels on that White Convertible! IMHO: The alloy wheels get lost in the lack of contrast with a white car. I had my 20 inch 343 M wheels sent out by BMW to get re-coated in high gloss black. They look really sharp on the white convertible with a black top and tinted windows (35%). I'm in the process of installing blacked out front grilles, blacked out side vents, a black trunk M6 badge, and Alpine White painted front side reflectors (all from IND). We are also doing an Eisenmann Exhaust system (Gloss Black powder coated tips) and IND is going to recoat those pesky chrome strips on the door handles Alpine White. (All chrome must go!) Yes - Photos will follow as soon as its all done!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 03:39 PM   #15
DASF13
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanevery View Post
Although I can certainly appreciate the effect of "wishful thinking", I do believe there might be more to the break-in "reset" than just just changing the fluids and resetting the mileage counter. I brought my M6 (White Convertible with Navarro Brown Interior) in about a month ago for the 1200 mile break-in service and here is what I noted:

1. The car definitely did "feel" more responsive and with more power after the service. Sure, this could have been a result of being more relaxed with service completed (and wishful thinking), but I can not discount my impression.

2. (More Importantly) When the vehicle was returned to me (post service), the service indicator stated "1200 Miles" to next service. (it had previously expired at 1245 miles). I pointed this out and they took the car back into the service area. About 30 minutes later I had the car back properly indicating 15000 miles to next service. Apparently, although the tech did reset the service mileage in the first attempt, it was not reset "properly". This seems to indicate that there are different methods to reset the initial service interval. One resulting in a 1200 mile interval, the other in the full 15K interval. So what else is different with these methods? Perhaps, its a little more involved to do an initial reset properly. That might also explain why it took about 30 minutes to get it done. It should be noted that it was the actual tech who was doing the work who took the car back. So it was not back there waiting for someone to do the work. Maybe they had to do some research, but it certainly looked like something more than just resetting the mileage counter was involved...

ALSO - You need to get some Gloss Black wheels on that White Convertible! IMHO: The alloy wheels get lost in the lack of contrast with a white car. I had my 20 inch 343 M wheels sent out by BMW to get re-coated in high gloss black. They look really sharp on the white convertible with a black top and tinted windows (35%). I'm in the process of installing blacked out front grilles, blacked out side vents, a black trunk M6 badge, and Alpine White painted front side reflectors (all from IND). We are also doing an Eisenmann Exhaust system (Gloss Black powder coated tips) and IND is going to recoat those pesky chrome strips on the door handles Alpine White. (All chrome must go!) Yes - Photos will follow as soon as its all done!
Cant wait to see photos of your ride! and I feel like there has to be a way to find out whether or not there are any restrictions during the first 1200 miles break-in. I think for the sake of clarity, I am going to give BMW NA a call and find out. Will deff let you guys know

Cheers and goodluck with the ride
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 07:31 PM   #16
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanevery View Post

interesting thoughts - post up those pics when you get a chance, sounds like your car will be set up perfectly!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 10:10 PM   #17
cartaa100
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i, 640i, X6M50d, X3M40i

congrats! one awesome car!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 04:45 PM   #18
///Megalomaniac
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: M235i

I find Alpine White absolutely stunning on an M6!

Enjoy it!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 10:11 AM   #19
M3 Esq
Automobilist
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5, 911 GT3

Congrats man the car looks great.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 10:56 AM   #20
GTHAUS
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Wow! That is most definitely a crowd-pleaser!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #21
M_Power_Fan
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: the Ring

great shots indeed!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 03:26 PM   #22
Major
United_States