BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

08-06-2015, 07:46 AM   #1
troymi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i Convertible

Battery Replace Bulletin/First Svc @4k miles

Just curious if others have had this. Our '14 650ix coupe (7/13 production) has a little less than 4k miles. The onboard system showed service due this month OR another 7k miles.

I called the dealer (great SA and dealer) and asked if they could pull it up and tell me what they want to do. Bring it in this month or another 7k miles? He told me bring it in and they will do an oil change and micro filter. Oh, and by the way, there is a bulletin for battery replacement.

I'm glad about the oil change because I was wanting it anyway. But, we haven't had any issue with the battery or other strange lights popping up (other than SOS call malfunction). I know others have had battery issues like crazy, but just wonder if others have heard about a new bulletin. Since we've only owned this 6 months this must be a rather recent bulletin or they would have changed it before delivery.

Just FYI.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 01:13 PM   #2
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe`

Quote:
Originally Posted by troymi View Post
Just curious if others have had this. Our '14 650ix coupe (7/13 production) has a little less than 4k miles. The onboard system showed service due this month OR another 7k miles.

I called the dealer (great SA and dealer) and asked if they could pull it up and tell me what they want to do. Bring it in this month or another 7k miles? He told me bring it in and they will do an oil change and micro filter. Oh, and by the way, there is a bulletin for battery replacement.

I'm glad about the oil change because I was wanting it anyway. But, we haven't had any issue with the battery or other strange lights popping up (other than SOS call malfunction). I know others have had battery issues like crazy, but just wonder if others have heard about a new bulletin. Since we've only owned this 6 months this must be a rather recent bulletin or they would have changed it before delivery.

Just FYI.
My car 2014 650i coupe has 12k miles and not a hiccup in regards to anything other than a couple oil changes.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 11:50 PM   #3
JimM6GC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M6 GC; '16 B6

Apparently, the battery is now a maintenance item as discussed in this thread. The bulletin appears in the last post of that thread.

I brought my M6GC in for its second oil change (first after the 1200 service) earlier this week, and the dealer changed the battery as part of the service.

Last edited by JimM6GC; 08-07-2015 at 12:03 AM..
Appreciate 0