BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

05-16-2015, 08:41 PM   #89
templarklimek
templarklimek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15' X6M, 12' R8 V10,

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSugarSkulls View Post
Some other member brought this to our attention a few weeks ago.

It truly is a mystery as to why the transmission makes a difference.

Rumors had circulated since early this year that us MT enthusiasts would be left out, one of the biggest reasons I put my order in in March.

If you really want the m6 in a MT, do it- you'll love it (I think the only other car with as much stock power as ours is the r8 v10) but that's as far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong)

It's a blast driving it with a MT, and as mentioned before, if you live in the city- what's the extra horse power really going to do? As mentioned, if you tune it- the "stock" numbers go out the window, with or without the comp package.

And personally- I preferred the non comp steering in sport+ :
I had a manual M6. its was an awesome uber GT street with DSC off. I sold it to but a TTRS which is a little AWD manual monster. The plan is to get another 2015 M6 WITH the comp package, not sure what to do now... V10 R8 I guess.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2015, 08:48 PM   #90
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by templarklimek
Quote:
Some other member brought this to our attention a few weeks ago.

It truly is a mystery as to why the transmission makes a difference.

Rumors had circulated since early this year that us MT enthusiasts would be left out, one of the biggest reasons I put my order in in March.

If you really want the m6 in a MT, do it- you'll love it (I think the only other car with as much stock power as ours is the r8 v10) but that's as far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong)

It's a blast driving it with a MT, and as mentioned before, if you live in the city- what's the extra horse power really going to do? As mentioned, if you tune it- the "stock" numbers go out the window, with or without the comp package.

And personally- I preferred the non comp steering in sport+ :
I had a manual M6. its was an awesome uber GT street with DSC off. I sold it to but a TTRS which is a little AWD manual monster. The plan is to get another 2015 M6 WITH the comp package, not sure what to do now... V10 R8 I guess.
http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/175FFB4B

There you go bud- GREAT deal on a 2015 manual with comp package. Only one in the country available right now so I'd jump on it
      05-17-2015, 12:03 PM   #91
Blackraven
Captain
Rep
Drives: Toyota Corolla ALTIS

I would love to see this upgraded Competition Package for the M5 F10.....................however I get the feeling that BMW is hesitant because it might piss off a few owners of the 30 JAHRE M5.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2015, 12:33 PM   #92
MCarsFan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 F10 CP

Garage List
2014 BMW F10 M5  [10.00]
Agree..paying so much for the 30 Jahre and then this....Irrespective, it's just a tune for the hp gain.
      05-17-2015, 04:23 PM   #93
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M5, X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackraven
I would love to see this upgraded Competition Package for the M5 F10.....................however I get the feeling that BMW is hesitant because it might piss off a few owners of the 30 JAHRE M5.
I am in the market for a M5, would love to see this is offered on the F10, hehe.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2015, 08:11 PM   #94
snaimpally
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i MT

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
The M6 is the sexiest of all the M cars!
      05-18-2015, 05:27 AM   #95
kris1858
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 BMW M8 Competition

Garage List
2016 BMW M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Glad I didn't wait either!
+1

Wonder what the pricing will be for the new Competition Package? I agree that you could get more bang for the buck from a good tune!

Anyways, just over a week until delivery!!!
Appreciate 2
      05-18-2015, 05:31 AM   #96
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris1858
Quote:
Glad I didn't wait either!
+1

Wonder what the pricing will be for the new Competition Package? I agree that you could get more bang for the buck from a good tune!

Anyways, just over a week until delivery!!!
AH! Dude I'm excited for you man!! Tag me or start a new thread on the M6 page when you get it with a ton of pics!

My journey officially begins today! I started production!! (Hence why I can't sleep lol)

Fingers crossed no more delays anywhere, and it gets to the west coast no later than july!!!
      05-18-2015, 11:10 AM   #97
C5driver
Major
Rep
Drives: 55...just kidding.

Quote:
My journey officially begins today! I started production!! (Hence why I can't sleep lol)
Well yay! May the production gods gently smile upon your build and may the installers be sober
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 01:39 PM   #98
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by C5driver
Quote:
Well yay! May the production gods gently smile upon your build and may the installers be sober
I'm so excited! This past month especially has been agonizing!
      05-18-2015, 03:40 PM   #99
tab
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M6 Gran Coupe MT

Garage List
2016 BMW M6 GC  [0.00]
Quote:
I still don't have a production date for my M6GC. I have a production number, but no VIN yet. Pickup in August. It sounds like no MT for the Comp Package, so I'll take the weak MT please. I'll bet the next gen will be mandatory AWD and no MT available, so I consider this my last chance.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 04:14 PM   #100
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tab
Quote:
I still don't have a production date for my M6GC. I have a production number, but no VIN yet. Pickup in August. It sounds like no MT for the Comp Package, so I'll take the weak MT please. I'll bet the next gen will be mandatory AWD and no MT available, so I consider this my last chance.
The VIN you won't get until it actually starts production.

Do you have an estimated week of production?
I've been getting a few different directions here- some call center reps would only tell the "start" date (which I just confirmed, began this morning!!!) and others give me the week it will be "completed" and on its way to the port (week 23 aka June 1-6)

Hahahahah....yes, our slow M6s. God...what are we going to do with 560hp and 500 lbs of torque?!? Hope we can keep up with others on the road
      05-18-2015, 05:03 PM   #101
tab
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M6 GC  [0.00]
Quote:

:
I've never heard an estimated production start date, other than July. I presume they are really good at the timing to make sure the car is good and shiny for an on-time European Delivery presentation.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 05:05 PM   #102
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tab
Quote:

:
I've never heard an estimated production start date, other than July. I presume they are really good at the timing to make sure the car is good and shiny for an on-time European Delivery presentation.
Ahhhh right, I forgot you're doing ED. That makes total sense. Hang tight then bud! There's a few of us getting our M6s a little sooner than your pick up date, so just live vicariously through us until your big day
      05-18-2015, 07:27 PM   #103
kris1858
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 BMW M8 Competition

Garage List
2016 BMW M6  [10.00]
Quote:
AH! Dude I'm excited for you man!! Tag me or start a new thread on the M6 page when you get it with a ton of pics!

Fingers crossed no more delays anywhere, and it gets to the west coast no later than july!!!
Will do!!

Congrats on production! I just found out my car arrives at port tomorrow. Now I hope the VDC process goes by in less than 4 days and the trip to the dealership doesn't involve many stops!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 10:09 PM   #104
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
The 2016s have arrived stateside!!

Love those headlights!
Attached Images

05-19-2015, 07:46 AM   #105
tab
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M6 GC  [0.00]
Quote:

Love those headlights!
What color is that? Awesome.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2015, 09:27 AM   #106
DGod
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 E60, BMW 1M E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by tab View Post
Singapore Grey...
Headlights look great. Can't wait to order mine! With the Competition Package, because I just don't get it how one can order an M6 without it...
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2015, 10:31 AM   #107
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by tab View Post
Singapore Grey...
Headlights look great. Can't wait to order mine! With the Competition Package, because I just don't get it how one can order an M6 without it...
Because the only way we can order a true manual transmission is without it- that's why.
      05-19-2015, 10:49 AM   #108
C5driver
Major
Rep
Drives: 55...just kidding.

Quote:

Love those headlights!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2015, 04:02 PM   #109
DGod
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 E60, BMW 1M E82

Quote:
Because the only way we can order a true manual transmission is without it- that's why.
First of all congrats on your Frozen Black beauty, looking forward to see it.
Regarding the manual I can't even think about it considering I'm in Europe. I'm one of those manual gearbox die hard fans, so I truly understand your position. When all this double cutch stuff started surfacing I was really worried as I couldn't really accept that the future of my biggest passion would be dominated by it. I remember waiting for the GT-R like crazy and being so disappointed with no manual transmission...
However, I must admit that in some cases manual isn't the better option. When I bought my F10 M5 I was so jealous of you guys in the States getting the manual option. Now I'm glad I couldn't get it at all.
The M5/M6 are brutal cars. I sold mine with more than 50k kilometers and believe me when I say I don't drive slow at all, and I go sideways a lot. Truth is these drivetrains really demand DCTs and that's the only way to get the best out of your car. I get it, you will drive it around town, but still...
I'm lucky enough to own other manual cars, which I hope to keep for the rest of my life, because those will keep that magic alive. They have amazing gearboxes as well - Porsche 911 C4S with Porsche short shifter, BMW M3 E46, Miata... But for these modern beasts, definitely DCT. It's really about how you feel that day. I often take the keys to one of my manuals because I feel I want that type of drive. But I never ever had a dull moment on my M5...
I understand the use you are set to give to your M6, and I get your arguments, but come on... Any owner of a car like this would love to get all the bits and pieces. And if you ask me, I would take the Pack Competition over the manual tranny everyday, simply because it makes a better car no matter how you see it. I am that type of guy that always gets LCIs, because I can only consider keeping an LCI model, hence having sold my M5. I always feel like they have more value somehow, like they are the better faster version of a product that I cherish (and they are).
I'm getting a special Individual order for the 2016 M6 GC, I'm working with my dealer now to create a car that is unique to me. I want to keep it for the rest of my life if possible, together with some of my other toys, so I want it to be special and collectible. Last years of production, LCI, Pack Competition, special order paint and interior, and DCT for sure. Because there was never a single second in all those kilometers in my M5 that I thought "I wish it was manual".
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2015, 04:59 PM   #110
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGod
Quote:
First of all congrats on your Frozen Black beauty, looking forward to see it.
Regarding the manual I can't even think about it considering I'm in Europe. I'm one of those manual gearbox die hard fans, so I truly understand your position. When all this double cutch stuff started surfacing I was really worried as I couldn't really accept that the future of my biggest passion would be dominated by it. I remember waiting for the GT-R like crazy and being so disappointed with no manual transmission...
However, I must admit that in some cases manual isn't the better option. When I bought my F10 M5 I was so jealous of you guys in the States getting the manual option. Now I'm glad I couldn't get it at all.
The M5/M6 are brutal cars. I sold mine with more than 50k kilometers and believe me when I say I don't drive slow at all, and I go sideways a lot. Truth is these drivetrains really demand DCTs and that's the only way to get the best out of your car. I get it, you will drive it around town, but still...
I'm lucky enough to own other manual cars, which I hope to keep for the rest of my life, because those will keep that magic alive. They have amazing gearboxes as well - Porsche 911 C4S with Porsche short shifter, BMW M3 E46, Miata... But for these modern beasts, definitely DCT. It's really about how you feel that day. I often take the keys to one of my manuals because I feel I want that type of drive. But I never ever had a dull moment on my M5...
I understand the use you are set to give to your M6, and I get your arguments, but come on... Any owner of a car like this would love to get all the bits and pieces. And if you ask me, I would take the Pack Competition over the manual tranny everyday, simply because it makes a better car no matter how you see it. I am that type of guy that always gets LCIs, because I can only consider keeping an LCI model, hence having sold my M5. I always feel like they have more value somehow, like they are the better faster version of a product that I cherish (and they are).
I'm getting a special Individual order for the 2016 M6 GC, I'm working with my dealer now to create a car that is unique to me. I want to keep it for the rest of my life if possible, together with some of my other toys, so I want it to be special and collectible. Last years of production, LCI, Pack Competition, special order paint and interior, and DCT for sure. Because there was never a single second in all those kilometers in my M5 that I thought "I wish it was manual".
Very good points however It all really comes down to personal preference to be honest.

It'd be easier if us in America didn't have the option like in the UK to live with the decision, however- keep in mind that the next generation m6 may very well be awd , leaving this to be the very last m6 to be offered in MT, sort of our "last chance" to enjoy the way a luxury sports car should be enjoyed (in my opinion)

DCT isn't going anywhere, it can only get better. MT- like I said, this may be it. In this case- Give me the MT any day.

Congrats on your order!! What color are you going to go with? It's a painfully long process the special order process, however so worth it. I'm excited to see how the Opal white leather will pop given the frozen black exterior.