02-20-2023, 08:52 PM   #1
spikespiegel
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 comp

Garage List
farewell to my f13 m6

Finally, the time has come to say goodbye to my beloved f13 m6 coupe comp pack. I've owned it since 34k, purchased in Atlanta GA, and I've done a cross country trip (brought it to California), multiple trackdays throughout California, and lots of spirited joy rides. This post is to just update prospective buyers and fellow owners of my general experience with the car.

It serves fantastic as a daily driver, I have a Range rover for that duty, so I prefer that generally, but the m6 can absolutely be a DD. The comp pack is a bit stiffer than the non comp, but since I lean on doing more trackdays, it worked great for me. I did all the service things strictly on time, fluids, etc. and never had any oil burning issues. I've used Liqui Moly btw!

For suspension, if you want to dial out understeer, you can tweak the stock suspension for max camber in rear and toe out tweaks in front. Michelin 4S is a must. I uppd the size to 275F and 305 rear with a 10mm spacer.

I've upgraded the infotainment by adding a android/carplay module and that really modernized the cabin for tech. A must do.

For tunes, I ran with the BPM sport stage 1, which is a modest increase and works well w stock clutch and daily driveability. I loved the tune. Air filter change is a must, taking out the charcoal canisters.
I've modded the exhaust to a Soul Performance exhaust, which does drone a bit, but overall sounds fantastic. Vortseiner rear diffuser is a must on this car, imo.

Apart from these mods, i've religiously changed oils every 5 to 6k miles with Liquimoly. Never had a single bit of oil burning. I'm selling the car at an online auction at around 63k miles now. Never had a hint of issues with the car. I figured, its time for something new, although I very much doubt another car can match the luxury, looks, amenities and outright performance of the f13 gen m6. I've had 0 issues, the car gets a tremendous amount of attention for just a black bmw! It is definitely a rare ride, i've only seen 1 other in my area. I"ve loved it but time for a change and my garage space can't accomodate too many cars..I'm pretty sure i'm gonna miss the hell out of it.

I'm now eyeballing a m8 comp (waiting on further depreciation) and also midly considering a v8 vantage (older gen) and a new gen DB11. Not even mildly considering a porsche, I find them utterly boring to look at, and generally not a fan of the owners of Porsches (no offense, just my opinion)

Just thought i'd share my overall experiences, and a few parting pics. This forum has been a great resource and i've learned a lot. I'll be lurking around every now and then, cheers ya'll

and before anyone says pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ewg6h4KvQeqJjmi4A

Last edited by spikespiegel; 02-20-2023 at 09:00 PM..
Appreciate 1
      02-21-2023, 08:34 AM   #2
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Fair winds and followings seas. Sincerely appreciate the out brief. Love my car and my wife is madly in love with her F10 550; I have even tried to buy her an M5 or an M550 and she will not budge from it. She does want an SUV and Range Rovers tickle her fancy. I have heard bad reviews about reliability and would sincerely appreciate any info you can share about models and years to avoid or general insights on why some many folks are down on them.

We were just at BimmerInvasion this past weekend and we basically widow licked every M8 out there. Not to poo poo on the newer beaver toothed M3/M4's as they are nice rides but the place was packed with them which made the classics and modern BMW's that weren't those cars stand out a lot more. All that to say you will definitely stand out in an M8. Wishing you much success on your future endeavors.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vision, CCB, RKAutowerks Forged Rods/Pistons & E85 DI Exhaust Cams,Carbon Fiber CAI & Billet Diff Brace, Infinity Design CF Turbo Inlets, Swaintech Coated DPs, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3 Flash, Bootmod3
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2023, 02:55 PM   #3
mikerx5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 F06, 2022 G06

Wow! Great read - I go back and forth with similar thoughts and experiences frequently.

And yes the M8 is likely next, while also waiting for the depreciation.

Best of luck!
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2023, 03:08 PM   #4
jporter396
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw m6 POS

Great read. They truly are great cars that have raised the bar of luxury performance and looks. Even today it is hard to find anything sub 50k even close to the all around package of these. Best of luck 👍🏻
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2023, 06:25 PM   #5
spikespiegel
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 comp

Garage List
Thx for all the well wishes, in the future if my garage space and $$ allows it, I would definitely get a f13 gen m6 again for the stable. Right now, its time to try something new!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
would sincerely appreciate any info you can share about models and years to avoid or general insights on why some many folks are down on them.
I've owned 3 generations of Range Rovers - and while they CAN have issues, its best to buy with a 3 year warranty. I bought my first RR 10 years ago, which was a 2007 RR Supercharged, at 135k miles. Iffy, I know, but it lasted me just fine after my regular maintenance overhaul, and I eventually sold it to my friend who still drives it, and has it at 240k now! Had a few issues like suspension bushings, engine dash electrics (all wear items) but that things still chugging. Then i bought a 2010 RRSC w warranty, I had one issue which was the air suspension pump, which went out, and warranty replaced it. Again, a wear item.
Now, i'm on my 2015 L405 RRSC, and again, bought it with warranty. I haven't had any problems on it for the last 2 years. My recommendations for buying a RR is, buy used, to save on $$ . And buy a SUPERCHARGED spec motor. They are built tougher and are tanks.
And lastly, buy a RRSC with over 50k miles. That way you know that thing is well worn in and issue free. Thats what i've always done and its been a great ownership experience for me. Yes, you DO have to put in some maintenance $$ as I do plugs, coils, transmission, diffs, all the fluids and proper service upon ownership, but after that, its just oil changes for a smooth 100k miles. Def have warranty as piece of mind, cause things can and do break on em. But there's nothign else like a range, its just the most comfortable car on the road. And that v8 with 510bhp is no joke!
Appreciate 2