BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      09-24-2012, 04:38 AM   #1
rajkohli81
Registered
Rep
Drives: 640d M Sport Convertible

640d cab: Initial impressions are good..

Hi Folks

Thanks to this forum, I'd been swatting up on all things 6 before picking up my 640d M Sport Cab on Saturday. Traded in my 58 plate 320d M Sport Coupe. Driven 700 miles already and I'm quite impressed. Feels very much the GT: effortless, comfortable and detached after the 3, which turned out to be a real hoot to blast around in.

Picked up a 2012MY 61 plate with 'mothership spec' and think I got a great deal though even though I compromised on colour combo. Ideally wanted Sapphire/Ivory/Piano, but the value was hard to ignore on this Space Grey/Black/Poplar car. List was a shade under £90k new and I paid £47k including tax, tankful and Service Inclusive.

Headlining features include Adaptive LEDs with assist, B&O, Adaptive Drive, Comfort Seats, 20s, Nappa dash w/contrast stitch, Head Up, Surround view, Rear cam, Park Assist, soft-close, DAB, wind defector, USB... only thing missing I would have wanted was Comfort Access.

Loving the comfort seats and LEDs. The B&O is phenomenal and a far better resolved product than on the Audi.

So far averaging 38mpg, gentle Mway/A road driving but its only covered 3k, so I'm hoping that will improve (was averaging 54mpg in the 320d and I wasn't hanging about). Any opinions to the contrary??

After enjoying two days of sunny top down motoring, its pouring it down today, so pics will follow, should the sunshine allow it.

PS Enjoyed the excellent blog from Southern6er22. The vids convinced me on hunting down LEDs alone - so thanks

Also, does anyone know where I can get the M Performance black grilles any sooner in the UK. Dealers I have spoken with say they are on back order and won't be available for weeks.

Last edited by rajkohli81; 09-24-2012 at 05:20 AM.. Reason: none
Appreciate 0