05-03-2013, 08:52 PM   #1
vzm3
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Some advice needed :)

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Ok, so I've had my 11' E90 M3 for almost 30k miles, and since my business is growing I'd really like to upgrade soon to the M6 Gran Coupe.

My plan is to get rid of the M3, (privately) and use that money as down payment for my M6. Here is where I am stuck, I really did not have the best experience buying my M3, I was lied multiple times by my sales associate, lies that have slowly come out as the time has passed. So I am annoyed to say the least, and thinking about giving the same dealer my repeat business really bothers me.

So, there are several other BMW dealerships in my area, but here is what I would like to do. I feel as if there is some excitement, a thrill if you will seeing your car delivered from a vehicle transport or something lol (seeing your car for the very first time, all ready to go) And well, with that being the case I'd really like to buy the car from a good dealer that i will be treated with honesty and fairness.

I know i've seen a couple dealers mentioned here and there but I just cant remember their names, any that you guys would recommend?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2013, 07:53 PM   #2
inagua
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4, X5 35d, m235

Dealers

If you are looking for an M dealership you gotta go with Steve Thomas BMW in Camarillo, Ca.
Ryan Amico, and now Francesca will give you clear upfront quote. The price will NOT change. There are many forum members, as well as myself, that can attest to that. When the 2013 M6 was going for above sticker, I got a very aggessive price below sticker. And they stuck to that pricing until delviery. No games, just straight forward pricing, and delivery. They happen to be local for me, but I have seen many an M car be put on a truck and shipped to members all over the USA
As an aside, If you can , keep your M3 and use it for your daily driver. It makes it really nice to be able to have a choice in the garage and you will keep the miles down on the new M6. You might be surprised how low blue book value is on the M3.
Good luck on your purchase.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2013, 07:55 PM   #3
inagua
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4, X5 35d, m235

Better yet, after ordering from Thomas BMW, get it delivered to BMW driving school Spartanburg . Get an M day for free and drive the badboy back to Miami.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2013, 12:59 AM   #4
vzm3
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

This is exactly the information I was looking for, thanks!! I will reach out to them! & I know, I did some research on the M3 book values and they are soo low!! Anyway, what I plan on doing is cleaning it all up (I've used it as a daily driver, so it needs some cosmetic love) and covering it up in the garage and just take it out once in a while, I like the idea of keeping my first BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by inagua View Post
If you are looking for an M dealership you gotta go with Steve Thomas BMW in Camarillo, Ca.
Ryan Amico, and now Francesca will give you clear upfront quote. The price will NOT change. There are many forum members, as well as myself, that can attest to that. When the 2013 M6 was going for above sticker, I got a very aggessive price below sticker. And they stuck to that pricing until delviery. No games, just straight forward pricing, and delivery. They happen to be local for me, but I have seen many an M car be put on a truck and shipped to members all over the USA
As an aside, If you can , keep your M3 and use it for your daily driver. It makes it really nice to be able to have a choice in the garage and you will keep the miles down on the new M6. You might be surprised how low blue book value is on the M3.
Good luck on your purchase.
This is perfect!! I had no idea that this was even a possibility when I purchased my M3. Thanks so much for the great suggestion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inagua View Post
Better yet, after ordering from Thomas BMW, get it delivered to BMW driving school Spartanburg . Get an M day for free and drive the badboy back to Miami.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #5
noushy
///M Fan
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp, X5M Comp, iX M60

BMW

I purchased mine from Michigan, Erhard in Farmington Hills. My advice is look at the top rated dealerships, the recipients of the Center of Excellence awards. Most of them are solid and have a very good reputation. Mine is on the list and I paid $5k under MSRP. They have always been good to me and I am purchasing my 7th BMW from them, an Alpina B7 SWB xDrive. I think you can find a dealer closer to you in Miami. I have dealt with Bramman before in WPB and they are a solid dealership as well. It doesn't hurt to shop around.

Noushy
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #6
Park2670
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3

I suggested an old friend (also purchased an X5 from me when I sold BMWs) to call Steve Thomas. Not only did they give him an INCREDIBLE price on a brand new M6, they delivered it to his door in Logan, Utah (about an hour north of SLC)