BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

06-11-2014, 06:28 PM   #1
///SAL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 ///M5 ZCP

Free dinan

Just seen this on their site,
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 06:29 PM   #2
///SAL
Captain
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 06:51 PM   #3
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
???
Coming Soon:
2016 BMW M4 GTS De-Winged and Bagged on 22s
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 08:16 PM   #4
///SAL
Captain
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 08:52 PM   #5
///SAL
Captain
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 09:34 PM   #6
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Just saw it online. They need the cars for 1 month in Cali. Not bad for anyone in the area who's willing to let their cars go for 30 days for some free Dinan stuff.
Coming Soon:
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 09:38 PM   #7
///SAL
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch Massacre
Just saw it online. They need the cars for 1 month in Cali. Not bad for anyone in the area who's willing to let their cars go for 30 days for some free Dinan stuff.
For some reason my app is acting up couldn't post writing or pics. Thanks tho
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2014, 11:37 AM   #8
Say When
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

What are you guys talking about? Please let me know. I live in Cali and have multiple cars and would be willing to let them take my car for 30 days. What are they doing to the car? Could you post a link to direct me to it. Thanks a lot.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2014, 11:38 AM   #9
///SAL
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say When
What are you guys talking about? Please let me know. I live in Cali and have multiple cars and would be willing to let them take my car for 30 days. What are they doing to the car? Could you post a link to direct me to it. Thanks a lot.
Website, unkess they have someone aready. Call them asap
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2014, 03:04 PM   #10
EuroKar
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say When View Post
Call Dinan and speak to them.
I tried to offer but they want a factory stock car.
No mods at all.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2014, 05:17 PM   #11
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
They want a test car to install Dinan mods and test them for 30 days. The perk being, you get to keep all of the mods installed. Info is on their website. You can email them to offer your car, I wouldn't call as the website states very clearly they don't want any calls regarding this, only email. If I was on the West Coast I would consider this as you'll save a lot of money on some pretty sweet mods but I would also be worried about my car taking too much abuse.
Coming Soon:
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2014, 05:19 PM   #12
///SAL
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
They want a test car to install Dinan mods and test them for 30 days. The perk being, you get to keep all of the mods installed. Info is on their website. You can email them to offer your car, I wouldn't call as the website states very clearly they don't want any calls regarding this, only email. If I was on the West Coast I would consider this as you'll save a lot of money on some pretty sweet mods but I would also be worried about my car taking too much abuse.
If its a lease i wouldnt care if they burn rubber all day
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2014, 05:23 PM   #13
///SAL
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Its funny that u said this, when i took my car for service i was joking with the shop guys. I was like go ahead take it for joy rides do whatever, at the end of the day that car is ain't mine and it will be going back to you guys. Their were like wow your the only guy we know that doesn't go nuts on his m car lol. Its different when u by something. But when u rent f that!!!! Car is gonna be screaming for 36 months lmaooo
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2014, 06:24 PM   #14
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///SAL
Quote:
Quote:
If its a lease i wouldnt care if they burn rubber all day
Guess that's the perk of leasing. Problem for me is, I own the damn thing outright, not a penny owed, so every little thing that could happen to it would be like a punch in my gut. I treat the thing like a child. Valet and service people think I'm a jerk when I spend a few minutes telling them to mind the front bumper, and the curbs, and making sure they know how to set the e-brake, etc. I can't imagine letting the car go to a stranger for 30 days to be pushed to the edge for every one of those days. ///SAL I've always wondered, how do dealers feel about such mods on leased cars? Would the car need to be reversed to stock form prior to it being returned at the end of the lease period?
Coming Soon:
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2014, 06:29 PM   #15
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch Massacre View Post
Guess that's the perk of leasing. Problem for me is, I own the damn thing outright, not a penny owed, so every little thing that could happen to it would be like a punch in my gut. I treat the thing like a child. Valet and service people think I'm a jerk when I spend a few minutes telling them to mind the front bumper, and the curbs, and making sure they know how to set the e-brake, etc. I can't imagine letting the car go to a stranger for 30 days to be pushed to the edge for every one of those days.
This is the proper way a car must be treated no matter what it's leased or owned.
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2014, 06:40 PM   #16
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///SAL View Post
Its funny that u said this, when i took my car for service i was joking with the shop guys. I was like go ahead take it for joy rides do whatever, at the end of the day that car is ain't mine and it will be going back to you guys. Their were like wow your the only guy we know that doesn't go nuts on his m car lol. Its different when u by something. But when u rent f that!!!! Car is gonna be screaming for 36 months lmaooo

what about if they abuse your car like doing LC or stuff like that? You don't realize that affect until the day your car is in trouble I know it's lease but when something is going wrong, then you are responsible even if car is under warranty. just think about a week or so your car is in service department and you are paying $50 per day (let's say 1500 monthly payment) and you are driving a cheap loaner car instead! months ago I left my car for service. on pick up date I realized that there is a small deep scratch on bumper something about 1/4". I asked them to fix it. They accepted and apologized for damage. they gave me a loaner car (528) and called me a week after to pick up my car. It means for one week I had a 528 while I was paying the lease of an M6 !!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2014, 09:32 PM   #17
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///SAL View Post

what about if they abuse your car like doing LC or stuff like that? You don't realize that affect until the day your car is in trouble I know it's lease but when something is going wrong, then you are responsible even if car is under warranty. just think about a week or so your car is in service department and you are paying $50 per day (let's say 1500 monthly payment) and you are driving a cheap loaner car instead! months ago I left my car for service. on pick up date I realized that there is a small deep scratch on bumper something about 1/4". I asked them to fix it. They accepted and apologized for damage. they gave me a loaner car (528) and called me a week after to pick up my car. It means for one week I had a 528 while I was paying the lease of an M6 !!!!!
I've always said they should loan M cars to M car owners. Best loaner I've had is a 5er as well. They should have a few M3 sedans around as loaners but I see how that would be an issue being that all Ms have really low production numbers.
Coming Soon:
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2014, 09:54 PM   #18
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch Massacre View Post
I've always said they should loan M cars to M car owners. Best loaner I've had is a 5er as well. They should have a few M3 sedans around as loaners but I see how that would be an issue being that all Ms have really low production numbers.

Exactly! I talked to BMW NA and brought this issue to their attention, and they explained to me that BMW NA does not care about loaner cars! In fact dealer is responsible by own to give you the loaner car. Dealers buy a BMW from BMW NA and give it to customer as loaner car for a year or so and then sell it as CPO. they lose money; however for every night your car is in their service department, they charge BMW NA for a high amount of dollar. since they want to minimize the amount of money they lose for loaner car, they use high demand cars like 3 series or 5 series as loaner!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2014, 10:23 PM   #19
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2o13 m6 f13

I normally get a 328i or an X3 as a loaner car. I wish they had an M for M customers but I know that isn't practical for them. I am happy to just get a BMW loaner car to drive -- much better than renting some el-cheapo car.

Brian
/// 2o13 m6 f13 . jb4 tuned . meth injected . msr intake . 21" adv1 wheels . eisenmann race w/ catless DPs . vorsteiner full aero . accuair e-level w/ bagged KW V3 struts . dinan sways . bel stir+ w/ alp jammer . jl audio subs
/// 2o13 x5m e70 . velos tuned . 22" adv1 wheels . dropped on kw variant3 coilovers . passport 9500ci radar & jammer. gets groceries fast
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2014, 10:41 PM   #20
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrian
I normally get a 328i or an X3 as a loaner car. I wish they had an M for M customers but I know that isn't practical for them. I am happy to just get a BMW loaner car to drive -- much better than renting some el-cheapo car.

Brian
+1. Had an el-cheapo on my last service visit as the dealer had cleared all their loaner inventory to make space for new loaners. I let them off the hook this time as it rarely happens with this dealer in the 5 years I've been using them and I usually just use the loaners to get home and then swap it.
Coming Soon:
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 06:36 AM   #21
Jason yaco
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 convertible

I never let anyone drive my car or abuse it that is crazy. I have full vorstiner kit that some service guy or valet will break off I think in about 5 min. Enjoy your car the way you want but I guess we all should think about buying those lease returns now. I am in the same boat as twitch I own mine and she is treated like a baby!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 12:37 PM   #22
///SAL
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason yaco
I never let anyone drive my car or abuse it that is crazy. I have full vorstiner kit that some service guy or valet will break off I think in about 5 min. Enjoy your car the way you want but I guess we all should think about buying those lease returns now. I am in the same boat as twitch I own mine and she is treated like a baby!
100% correct but, im a person that doesnt mod a car i keep it stock. I get tired of my cars very quick i just got mine 2 months ago and now im thinking to swap a lease and maybe looking for another car. So basically i abuse them and give it up to someone else.
Appreciate 0