BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

04-25-2017, 11:02 AM   #1
MSUGOGRN
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 Black X3MC

Question for those with Vorsteiner type diffusers

I am in the process of installing all my carbon fiber aero parts on the car right now. Since I had an appointment with the muffler shop this week, I made it a priority to get the M6 and V Style diffusers installed so they could line the new tips up perfectly through the new opening created by the diffusers. Honestly, the process wasn’t too difficult and I will do a write-up on it if others would like (I just didn’t take many pictures) as I did learn quite a few things. In fact, I think I am going to take it back off this weekend and re-do the double-sided tape with some 3M VHB as opposed to the molding tape you can buy at the auto parts stores (I can already see the tape loosening up). My diffuser is from China and while fitment is not 100% perfect, it actually was not bad. I was pretty impressed to be honest.

On to my question: Now that I have the rear diffuser on, I noticed in the center where it wraps underneath the gas tank (the part with the fins) that there is a gap (especially since there is really nothing on the gas tank to attach it to) of maybe 1 or 2 inches. My question for those of you who own this type of diffuser is does yours have a slight gap too? If so, have you ever had any issues with air flow underneath the car? I would love to find a way to attach this to the tank thereby having no air being caught by the inside of the diffuser but I am not sure if that is possible.

EDIT: I don't think I did as good of a job explaining my issue but what I am talking about are the circled areas below. Just wondering how everybody has their attached to the bottom of the car so wind doesn't get caught there. I see that the original has holes drilled in a couple of places but does everything else fit well to car or is double-sided tape used? The first pic is the diffuser I purchased while the second is an original.
Attached Images

Last edited by MSUGOGRN; 04-25-2017 at 03:06 PM..
Appreciate 0