BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

06-05-2013, 05:11 PM   #1
540gone
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 X3 3.5, '14 640 GC

M Sport Edition

BMW's website FINALLY recognizes the Sport Edition in the "Build Your Own" section as of this afternoon.

This should clear things up for some of the nitwit dealers (or not).
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 09:02 PM   #2
Superfluous
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Gran Coupe

Either it's not configured right or it doesn't make sense. Is there a difference between the M Sport Edition and then getting the M Sport package? Also, you can't get the executive package with the M Sport Edition?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 09:16 PM   #3
Jgc650i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i

M Sport Edition includes all the options from the M Sport Package, plus everything from the Lighting and Executive Packages, as well as Dynamic Digital Instrument Cluster. On the 650i/x it also includes everything from the Driver Assistance Package. Effectively a big price reduction with a lot of options bundled as a special edition.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 09:18 PM   #4
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

It comes with the executive package included in the price that is why it won't let you select it. It seems like it won't let you get an individual interior though unless you get the m sport package or individual package.

They also raised the price by a good amount on some of the options on the non m sport edition. I just built the same exact car I ordered and the msrp is 3k more.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 11:33 PM   #5
gokudo_90
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

i dont get it, i thought the m sport edition had special colors and interior ( sakhir orange) but all can see in the configurator is normal stuff. and the german website shows that the sport edition gets the new M sport steering wheel, any confirmation on that?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2013, 09:29 AM   #6
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep
Drives: '14 650 M Sport Edition

Actually makes no sense now to NOT order a 650 M sport Edition. Given it bundles the Exec, LED lighting & Driver assist ( which is $8000 in options for $4800 that includes the M sport Pkg (4200) I can't see why anyone can go for the Non-M sport Edition going forward.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2013, 09:40 AM   #7
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

They just screwed anyone that wants individual leather, something I wouldn't have given up. Not only can you not get m sport edition but they took many of the options out of the packages and now you have to pay for them separately.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #8
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
They just screwed anyone that wants individual leather, something I wouldn't have given up. Not only can you not get m sport edition but they took many of the options out of the packages and now you have to pay for them separately.
What removed options are you referring to ? The M Edition contains the full Exec, LED & Driver asst pkgs ( on a 650)
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2013, 11:48 AM   #9
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoed2 View Post
What removed options are you referring to ? The M Edition contains the full Exec, LED & Driver asst pkgs ( on a 650)
I am looking at the GC but it should be about the same.

They took out parking assistant and active front seats from their respective packages and are now charging for them separately. They also took out the led lights from both the individual package and m sport package so now you have to pay for that separately as well.

My same exact 2013 gc build was 3k less. So for someone that wants to get individual interior not only does he have to give up on the 4k savings of the msport edition he also has to pay more for the options compared to 2013.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #10
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I am looking at the GC but it should be about the same.

They took out parking assistant and active front seats from their respective packages and are now charging for them separately. They also took out the led lights from both the individual package and m sport package so now you have to pay for that separately as well.

My same exact 2013 gc build was 3k less. So for someone that wants to get individual interior not only does he have to give up on the 4k savings of the msport edition he also has to pay more for the options compared to 2013.
I believe the GC option pkgs are different that the coupe. Park assist & active seats were already standalone options on the coupe. I am not looking at individual, but I see where that would be a issue. In my case, the Sport Edition is a big win with the price cut & added connected drive features and digital dash
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2013, 12:05 PM   #11
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoed2 View Post
I believe the GC option pkgs are different that the coupe. Park assist & active seats were already standalone options on the coupe. I am not looking at individual, but I see where that would be a issue. In my case, the Sport Edition is a big win with the price cut & added connected drive features and digital dash
No doubt it's a huge win, the GC sport edition is now much more similar in price to the CLS and A7. And I am sure they did this on purpose to either make the individual interior more exclusive or they noticed they were losing money on it.

I was also wrong in my other post, they didn't end up bringing back the Amaro brown/opal white interior, I guess they wanted to keep that limited to the early 2013's.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #12
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
No doubt it's a huge win, the GC sport edition is now much more similar in price to the CLS and A7. And I am sure they did this on purpose to either make the individual interior more exclusive or they noticed they were losing money on it.

I was also wrong in my other post, they didn't end up bringing back the Amaro brown/opal white interior, I guess they wanted to keep that limited to the early 2013's.
Yup,

I have read a quite a few people commenting that the 6 series is overpriced - felt that way myself honestly. This brings a loaded M Sport in at a more reasonable MSRP. I'm still going to wait for the inevitable '14 incentives to roll in.
Appreciate 0