01-29-2016, 01:05 PM   #23
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
Nothing in your title suggests this softened stance... Handsome? Wanting to be fashionable? Nah... You just automatically assumed someone had M wheels on a GMC and wanted us to all shame the car...
Miss some of your meds today?
      01-29-2016, 01:07 PM   #24
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka
Quote:
Nothing in your title suggests this softened stance... Handsome? Wanting to be fashionable? Nah... You just automatically assumed someone had M wheels on a GMC and wanted us to all shame the car...
Miss some of your meds today?
Actually stocked up full... I've got my kid gloves on too as per request of someone else...

Just don't like mockery of people who might not have the financial luxuries as others... Rubs me the wrong way... Self entitlement, liars, abusing dogs, liberals, and justin beiber if you want to get technical... Things that irritate me... Oh and spandex on dudes... Lol...

I'm still fun in the other posts !!
Appreciate 1
      01-29-2016, 01:10 PM   #25
Hvyarms
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311
Factory option.. I seen a bunch of them around NJ..

But hang on I'll caption it..

3 Series driver, who's car is often used as a cab in Europe, feels the need to insult other drivers in order to boost his sense of self-worth, and pat himself on the back for his entry level luxury car purchase. Many first time 3 series owners tend to suffer from what many refer to as the dreaded, BMW douche bag syndrome.. It is a debilitating mental disorder that makes one feel that his mass produced $50k car is actually a $300k exotic race car.

All fun and games guys
Let me help you out here.

I am not a new 3 series owner, in fact the one that I currently own is my 8th BMW.

1st. E30
2nd. E34
3rd. E34
4th. E39
5th. E39
6th. E39
7th. E38
8th. E90

Trust me, I'm far from a new anything as it relates to these cars. Definitely learning about the E90 though since it's my first.

Also very aware of how uptight and defensive some owners are, it is what it is.

I think the point of the post got lost in personal perspectives or maybe it wasn't clear that I wasn't insulting this anonymous driver who no one here even knows...

Again the point...was that I THOUGHT that these were M Parallels. And I THOUGHT that current 7 series owners, were most likely owners of previous early model chassis and could relate to the struggle of searching high and low for OEM M Parallels. And would also appreciate the irony in seeing a domestic car on M Parallels considering how difficult it can be to find them.

But meh, guess I was wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.
      01-29-2016, 01:14 PM   #26
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvyarms View Post

I am not a new 3 series owner, in fact the one that I currently own is my 7th BMW.

1st. E30
2nd. E34
3rd. E34
4th. E39
5th. E39
6th. E39
7th. E38
8th. E90

Trust me, I'm far from a new anything as it relates to these cars. Definitely learning about the E90 though since it's my first.

I think the point of the post got lost in personal perspectives or maybe it wasn't clearly that I wasn't insulting this anonymous driver who no one here even knows...

Again the point...was that I THOUGHT that these were M Parallels. And I THOUGHT that current 7 series owners, were most likely owners of previous early model chassis and could relate to the struggle of searching high and low for OEM M Parallels. And would also appreciate the irony in seeing a domestic car on M Parallels considering how difficult it can be to find them.

Not a personal attack on you.. But we had quite a bit of young guys on here who bought a 07 100k+ 335 for like $9k (financed at that) who seemed to think that somehow they where hot shit because they got Bavarian colors on their car.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2016, 01:15 PM   #27
Rennsport3.2
Judge Hank "The Hangman" BMW
Rep
Drives: Sweet BMX bike w/ mags & pegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Not a personal attack on you.. But we had quite a bit of young guys on here who bought a 07 100k+ 335 for like $9k (financed at that) who seemed to think that somehow they where hot shit because they got Bavarian colors on their car.
Hell, I don't even have a 100k mile 335i. I have to envy my roommate's.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2016, 01:17 PM   #28
Hvyarms
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I am not a new 3 series owner, in fact the one that I currently own is my 7th BMW.

1st. E30
2nd. E34
3rd. E34
4th. E39
5th. E39
6th. E39
7th. E38
8th. E90

I think the point of the post got lost in personal perspectives or maybe it wasn't clearly that I wasn't insulting this anonymous driver who no one here even knows...

Understandable.

At the end of the day, those look dead on like M Parallels. And I know when I had to hunt for them, I had no clue...not even a hint that other manufacturers made a wheel that looked the same.

Now I never would've bought them and tried to fit them on my cars, but in all my research I never even knew these existed. That's what blows my mind.
      01-29-2016, 01:17 PM   #29
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

1st. E30
2nd. E34
3rd. E34
4th. E39
5th. E39
6th. E39
7th. E38
8th. E90

It's actually the part where his focal point and the first thing he did is to defend himself with how many BMW's he's had and then systematically list them out for us to prove he's a 7 or 8 time owner that pretty solidifies my original assumption that he is pretentious and was making a mockery of the GMC...

My two cents... This thread can die now...
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2016, 01:21 PM   #30
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

I actually think those are factory wheels.

But I know what you were going for.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2016, 01:21 PM   #31
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Actually stocked up full... I've got my kid gloves on too as per request of someone else...

Just don't like mockery of people who might not have the financial luxuries as others... Rubs me the wrong way... Self entitlement, liars, abusing dogs, liberals, and justin beiber if you want to get technical... Things that irritate me... Oh and spandex on dudes... Lol...

I'm still fun in the other posts !!
Ah, some girls are all about keeping the peace.

I hear ya on all that.

Debatable.
      01-29-2016, 01:24 PM   #32
Hvyarms
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei
Quote:
Quote:

1st. E30
2nd. E34
3rd. E34
4th. E39
5th. E39
6th. E39
7th. E38
8th. E90

It's actually the part where his focal point and the first thing he did is to defend himself with how many BMW's he's had and then systematically list them out for us to prove he's a 7 or 8 time owner that pretty solidifies my original assumption that he is pretentious and was making a mockery of the GMC...

Assumptions are cheap. Add 8 cents to your 2, and you can afford a few facts.

I guess I should've posted this in a forum for 5s, because clearly I haven't owned enough 7s to rub elbows here
      01-29-2016, 01:25 PM   #33
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:

I guess I should've posted this in a forum for 5s, because clearly I haven't owned enough 7s to rub elbows here
I think we need to introduce you to Gary.. Now that 8s are out I'm sure he will be happy to dump his 7 on you..
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2016, 01:26 PM   #34
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Are you aware that there is only one OT subform for all of BP?
      01-29-2016, 01:27 PM   #35
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

If you are wondering.. "Gary" has now become a part of BMW lingo. As a BMW owner you must do your best to not get labeled as a Gary.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...highlight=Gary
Appreciate 1
      01-29-2016, 01:29 PM   #36
Hvyarms
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka
Quote:

Are you aware that there is only one OT subform for all of BP?
I'll be completely honest with you, I don't even know what OT stands for.
      01-29-2016, 01:30 PM   #37
Hvyarms
Second Lieutenant
Rep

No no no, I promise I'm not a Gary. No way!
      01-29-2016, 01:31 PM   #38
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Ok...I get your spirit, OP. I will try.

Having driven into his garage behind his SUV very fast the night before in his BMW, Dan didn't realize that he performed an inadvertent inertia swap of the wheels when he took his GMC out the next day.

That's all I got...
I tried.
Cheers-mk
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2016, 01:32 PM   #39
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'll be completely honest with you, I don't even know what OT stands for.
Off Topic.

There are several separate forums dedicated to all the separate series of BMWs. But when you enter the OT from the 7 series forum you're entering the same OT that you would if you entered from the 1 series forum.
      01-29-2016, 01:33 PM   #40
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

The Ac Schnitzer type III wheel look has been common for years now..
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2016, 01:35 PM   #41
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvyarms
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1st. E30
2nd. E34
3rd. E34
4th. E39
5th. E39
6th. E39
7th. E38
8th. E90

I'll give you my 8 cents... You're a pompous self entitled I drive a BMW and bagged on someone who doesn't have one of your certified pre-owned bmw's... Someone who actually took good care of their non German SUV and didn't deserve for you to plug their car on a forum...

You then backpeddled because someone called you out on those were actually factory wheels for a GMC, then back peddled some more insisting you meant to call the car handsome yet fashionable... Which was then followed by a laundry list of BMW's you've owned, like any of us give a shit what you ate yesterday for breakfast (except Tonka and his bacon that's different) and finally capped it off by not realizing this OT forum is seen by all when you assume you're not welcome here because of a lack of driving a particular model of BMW so must be in the wrong sub forum... Nah, we just don't like pompous self entitled pricks... We're chalk full of pricks already and not currently taking applications...
Appreciate 1
      01-29-2016, 01:42 PM   #42
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Some GM cars and BMWs have a very close both pattern, but not exact.

Some GM cars do use BMW M Parallels though: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=204920

Quote:
And they are real bmw wheels i looked up the code on the back!!
Appreciate 1
      01-29-2016, 01:47 PM   #43
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
I am pretty sure those are not factory GMC or Chevy wheels. I think you guys are thinking of the 5 spoke wheels that came on the Chevy Xtreme trucks which look similar.

01-29-2016, 01:50 PM   #44
Hvyarms
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvyarms
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1st. E30
2nd. E34
3rd. E34
4th. E39
5th. E39
6th. E39
7th. E38
8th. E90

I'll give you my 8 cents... You're a pompous self entitled I drive a BMW and bagged on someone who doesn't have one of your certified pre-owned bmw's... Someone who actually took good care of their non German SUV and didn't deserve for you to plug their car on a forum...

You then backpeddled because someone called you out on those were actually factory wheels for a GMC, then back peddled some more insisting you meant to call the car handsome yet fashionable... Which was then followed by a laundry list of BMW's you've owned, like any of us give a shit what you ate yesterday for breakfast (except Tonka and his bacon that's different) and finally capped it off by not realizing this OT forum is seen by all when you assume you're not welcome here because of a lack of driving a particular model of BMW so must be in the wrong sub forum... Nah, we just don't like pompous self entitled pricks... We're chalk full of pricks already and not currently taking applications...
I see your 8 and I'll add my 2, take 10 minutes to CTFD.

Dude, are you serious? We own some cars, whether by BMW or Yugo it's a car. I didn't post a picture of you and invite discussion I posted a picture of an inanimate object. I didn't make any implications about the actual owner, my focus was the wheels. Wheels.

Now, you think I'm pompous and entitled? LOL ok...ok buddy, I could go on a rant about how you don't know anything about me or my life, but that's clear. What I will say is this, if I offended you...or anyone else, then I apologize. I don't have 1000+ posts, I don't forum surf for rep, and I don't get a kick out of bashing anyone. As you wisely stated before, you assumed. And you assumed what you did based on your own denied traits, I mean that's clear as day. But dial it down a bit buddy. Forum fighting, or arguing or...whatever this is is pretty lame. Sorry for being lame lol.