BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

10-18-2015, 01:34 PM   #1
MACCANE
Registered
Rep
Drives: 640D MSport Gran Coupe

Drivers seat problem

I've seen the posts about "squeaky" seats and wonder if what people are describing is what I am experiencing?
My 640 D GC is now 12 months old and has been back to dealer 4 times to investigate an irritating movement in the drivers seat that occurs on cornering.
Dealer has greased - over enthusiastically on one occasion - the "worm gear" that moves the seat fore and aft and this sorts the issue for a few weeks.
I note from some threads that BMW might be aware that this is a problem - which it clearly is!
When out of the seat, moving the electrically controlled seat shows a noticeable rumble at 2 or 3 stages on its travels. I wonder if the problem is that the metal in the worm gears is too soft and gets distorted?
Anyone else had similar issues?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2015, 03:31 PM   #2
M6Havana
M6 f12 Havana
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6 Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACCANE View Post
I've seen the posts about "squeaky" seats and wonder if what people are describing is what I am experiencing?
My 640 D GC is now 12 months old and has been back to dealer 4 times to investigate an irritating movement in the drivers seat that occurs on cornering.
Dealer has greased - over enthusiastically on one occasion - the "worm gear" that moves the seat fore and aft and this sorts the issue for a few weeks.
I note from some threads that BMW might be aware that this is a problem - which it clearly is!
When out of the seat, moving the electrically controlled seat shows a noticeable rumble at 2 or 3 stages on its travels. I wonder if the problem is that the metal in the worm gears is too soft and gets distorted?
Anyone else had similar issues?
I thought i was going crazy! My passenger seat sounds like springs squeeking and shakes like its not bolted down properly.. It will be mentioned when i next go in for sure
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2015, 08:18 PM   #3
Brazz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5

Garage List
2014 640i GC  [0.00]
Regarding the passenger seat, I had the same issue and BMW replaced the seat rails. Apparently this is an issue with some of the cars.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2015, 08:58 AM   #4
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

I had my seat rails replaced as well (4 months ago?)- no noise but movement during cornering. Seems to be getting worse again.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2015, 03:43 AM   #5
BDO
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6 40d M-sport

Also have the movement, it's irritating, but not irritating enough to send car to the dealer... Will wait for other problems/service and do it all in one go.

Isn't there a TSB to address this - if anyone has it please post it as getting my dealer to acknowledge/address something like this will be a futile exercise.
Appreciate 0