BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      06-26-2015, 03:11 PM   #1
daiyanadam
Rep
Drives: 640i xDrive Gran Coupe

Garage List
2015 BMW 640i xDrive Gran Coupe

Hi Everybody,

I got this beauty October 2014 after driving a 2010 Mercedes E-350, and 2013 Mercedes S-550. I think this is a different beast on it's own! Love the shape, the drive and most importantly - the interior! I've gotten more compliments on the road with this then any of my previous cars! This is the M-Sport Edition so I got most of the tech and gadgets you could possibly need. BUT I've had some problems:

1. My Rear View Camera works perfectly fine but every time I put the car in reverse, the car tells me there is a "Rear View Camera Malfunction". I've taken it to the dealership and they have to change the whole camera along with all the wiring and everything.

2. My Seats have started to get wrinkled and it's bothering me.

I don't know if you guys had similar problems but it'd be interesting if the rear view camera problem was recurring one.

All-in-all - this car is definitely my favourite to date!

P.S. enjoy these pictures from a friend who is a professional photographer!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 03:20 PM   #2
SpokenHands
Certified Car Nut
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AMG GTC + RR Velar + 640d GC

Garage List
Gorgeous motor - welcome to the family!

I've had no problems with the reverse camera or any of the surround view cameras. Haven't heard off anything so may be a one-off.

You've not mentioned whether you've got Dakota, Merion or Nappa leather on your seats. I have two young kids in a car with Ivory White seats and gave had no problems. Wrinkling could be for 3 reasons:

1) if you live in a hot/warm or humid country (with Ac always going), you need to clean and cream your leather every 4-6 months or it will dry out and crack eventually - creasing is the first stages. If you've heated seats on all the time, thus accelerates it. Remember less is more with these cleaning products.

2) more likely, you're not sitting comfortably with the slightly offset pedals and inadvertently leaning on one of the bolster edges. Settle into the centre of the seat before belting up. This may be the case if one side bolster on the seat is creasing.

3) Nappa leather is fragile so you've got to be extra careful - no keys, phone, buckles on jackets that can snag or scuff it.

Hope this helps. Drive safely

Current: 2018 Range Rover Velar First Edition D300 HSE + 2018 AMG GT-C Coupe + 2013 6 Series BMW GranCoupe (October)
Retired: 2016 AMG-GTS Coupe, 2013 & 2012 Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale,2016 3-Series Touring, 2009 5 Series GT, 2007 BMW M5, 2012 & 2006 BMW 1 Series
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 06:43 PM   #3
daiyanadam
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpokenHands View Post
Gorgeous motor - welcome to the family!

I've had no problems with the reverse camera or any of the surround view cameras. Haven't heard off anything so may be a one-off.

You've not mentioned whether you've got Dakota, Merion or Nappa leather on your seats. I have two young kids in a car with Ivory White seats and gave had no problems. Wrinkling could be for 3 reasons:

1) if you live in a hot/warm or humid country (with Ac always going), you need to clean and cream your leather every 4-6 months or it will dry out and crack eventually - creasing is the first stages. If you've heated seats on all the time, thus accelerates it. Remember less is more with these cleaning products.

2) more likely, you're not sitting comfortably with the slightly offset pedals and inadvertently leaning on one of the bolster edges. Settle into the centre of the seat before belting up. This may be the case if one side bolster on the seat is creasing.

3) Nappa leather is fragile so you've got to be extra careful - no keys, phone, buckles on jackets that can snag or scuff it.

Hope this helps. Drive safely

Hey bud. Thank you for the tips! I think it's mostly because of me not sitting properly. I've got the Cognac Exclusive Nappa Leather with Black Highlight!

Also, can someone tell me why I don't have traffic updates and other perks of a 3G sim. I thought it would be included in my package but I guess it's not. Do you know if the 3G sim can be added now?

Last edited by daiyanadam; 07-02-2015 at 03:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2015, 06:55 AM   #4
SpokenHands
Certified Car Nut
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AMG GTC + RR Velar + 640d GC

Garage List
All 6-series cars come with a built-in SIM for the Connected services. These are provided free of cost for the first 3 years, but need to be activated by filling out a form or speaking to BMW and receiving a password and username. (exact route may differ in different countries 0 I was able to do this online in the UK).

After 3 years, there is a nominal subscription for this service (except Emergency Services - where your car dials 999/911/112 in the event of a serious accident without any intervention and provides car coordinates for the emergency services).

It may be either that you've not yet activated your Connected Services, or you're outside the 3-year free stage and may wish to consider the subscription.

Hope this helps

Current: 2018 Range Rover Velar First Edition D300 HSE + 2018 AMG GT-C Coupe + 2013 6 Series BMW GranCoupe (October)
Retired: 2016 AMG-GTS Coupe, 2013 & 2012 Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale,2016 3-Series Touring, 2009 5 Series GT, 2007 BMW M5, 2012 & 2006 BMW 1 Series
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2015, 03:03 PM   #5
daiyanadam
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpokenHands View Post
All 6-series cars come with a built-in SIM for the Connected services. These are provided free of cost for the first 3 years, but need to be activated by filling out a form or speaking to BMW and receiving a password and username. (exact route may differ in different countries 0 I was able to do this online in the UK).

After 3 years, there is a nominal subscription for this service (except Emergency Services - where your car dials 999/911/112 in the event of a serious accident without any intervention and provides car coordinates for the emergency services).

It may be either that you've not yet activated your Connected Services, or you're outside the 3-year free stage and may wish to consider the subscription.

Hope this helps
Hey! . You are correct, I do have the services but I need to get them activated. There is some problem though where BMW can't do it remotely and have asked me to go to the dealership so I'll probably go do that sometime next week!

Thank you so much for your help!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2015, 03:03 PM   #6
daiyanadam
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brixton Forged View Post
Great photos!

Thank you!
Appreciate 0