BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

01-27-2017, 01:22 PM   #1
MSUGOGRN
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 Black X3MC

Intro and My '14 Black 650ix Vert MSport

Wanted to introduce myself to the forum real quick. Picked up this 2014 650i xDrive MSport Vert in August of 2016 (my first BMW purchase). I have been a long time lurker even before then (lots of research before buying!). I had decided that I needed a nice somewhat luxurious car with a ton of power and all wheel drive. I wanted a stick shift too but alas that is not possible with all wheel drive. I have always been a fan of Mustangs and their raw power but really disliked the level of quality of the interior. This car is the best of both worlds…a very luxurious car with muscle power which I love.

No mods at this point but they are coming soon and I expect to include:

* Black grilles
* New wheels – Still deciding but currently liking the Vorsteiner V-FF 103 Carbon Graphite
* Rear diffuser – does anybody have any thoughts on the V style carbon fiber one that is on ebay for about $700?
* Side skirts

I actually really like the sound of the exhaust but just like the look of quad tips. I have pretty much searched the entire forum for “quad” so I think I will either do what skilz4u2nv’s DIY method was or do Megan Racing.

Other than that, looking forward to being part of forum.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      01-27-2017, 01:53 PM   #2
Scottiedog
Captain
Rep
Drives: 435d GC

Welcome To the forum. Iv only been a 6er owner for a week although it's my 7th Bmw in 10 years. Hope you enjoy the car it looks great. You guys get a manual option in the states? I see the plates say Des Moines which always reminds me of bill Bryson if you know who he is
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2017, 02:12 PM   #3
MSUGOGRN
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 Black X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottiedog View Post
Welcome To the forum. Iv only been a 6er owner for a week although it's my 7th Bmw in 10 years. Hope you enjoy the car it looks great. You guys get a manual option in the states? I see the plates say Des Moines which always reminds me of bill Bryson if you know who he is
Thanks....I am loving it so far. I actually live in Colorado but finding this exact car in my area was tough so I opened my search up to the entire country. Gotta say I am not familiar with Bill Bryson though. As far as the manual trans, I thought I had read somewhere you could get a 6 speed with version of the 6 series but I stopped investigating that when I found out it was not possible with Xdrive.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2017, 02:20 PM   #4
Scottiedog
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUGOGRN View Post
Quote:
Thanks....I am loving it so far. I actually live in Colorado but finding this exact car in my area was tough so I opened my search up to the entire country. Gotta say I am not familiar with Bill Bryson though. As far as the manual trans, I thought I had read somewhere you could get a 6 speed with version of the 6 series but I stopped investigating that when I found out it was not possible with Xdrive.
He's an American travel writer (from Des Moines) but I believe he's better known in the U.K. We never got the option I believe for a manual version of the current generation 6 which is ironic I guess as the US has always been more auto bias. I know what you mean about traveling to find the right car as iv always done it myself.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2017, 07:20 PM   #5
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Welcome!

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2017, 08:25 PM   #6
jackaleyess
Lieutenant
Malaysia
Rep
Drives: 2011 528i M-sport (sold), 2018

Garage List
Quote:
Wow, how long do u even drive one BMW?
      04-14-2017, 01:28 AM   #7
Scottiedog
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackaleyess View Post
Quote:
Wow, how long do u even drive one BMW?
My wife says "I'm addicted" what can you do
Appreciate 1
JakeBMW11.50
      04-28-2017, 06:55 PM   #8
Bobby_Drake
Major
Rep
Drives: '16 X5M

Quote:
My wife says "I'm addicted" what can you do