BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

09-24-2016, 12:42 PM   #1
doughboy650gc
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 650i grand coupe

Anyone have the intake system from n63intake.com?

n63intake.com/ just wanted to see if any members have used this system in our cars
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2016, 03:43 PM   #2
TheBlackGT
Like No Other.
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F07 LCI

I know some members of F10 5Post have it, seems to have overall a good review.

I'm developing some Carbon Fiber intakes with RK Autowerks for the N63 and N63TU, should be done by this coming month. I will keep you posted!
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2016, 07:19 PM   #3
doughboy650gc
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackGT

I'm developing some Carbon Fiber intakes with RK Autowerks for the N63 and N63TU, should be done by this coming month. I will keep you posted!
def. keep me posted ill hold off till i see your set up
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 08:24 AM   #4
upstate650
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 650xi Gran Coupe Msport

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
I am interested as well.
2014 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe Msport Black Sapphire Metallic on full black merino leather. 20" M5 343M wheels for summer, 20" 373 wheels for winter with Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 studded snow tires. M6 CP exhaust with M6 Diffuser and ///M Performance carbon fiber finisher. Mission Performance stage 1.5 and transmission tune.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2016, 09:05 PM   #5
YARBMAN
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: YuGA

Quote:

Are you and RK engineering them together? Great to see a fellow forum member engineering parts for our cars!
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2017, 02:24 PM   #6
doughboy650gc
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackGT View Post

any updates on the intake?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2017, 02:25 PM   #7
doughboy650gc
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

anything else out there for the 650i besides n63intake.com?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2017, 03:40 PM   #8
egmmbah
Rep
Drives: ///M850i GC

I'm very interested in your intakes I've been debating the ones from n63intake.com also!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 05:19 AM   #9
TheBlackGT
Like No Other.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy650gc View Post
Quote:

they flaked. after hearing of the new M550 release, they wanted to focus their efforts onto that and therefore I got the boot. No biggie though, i scored a set of fairly new N63 Intakes for a steal. Vids coming soon
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2017, 07:42 PM   #10
doughboy650gc
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy650gc View Post
Quote:

they flaked. after hearing of the new M550 release, they wanted to focus their efforts onto that and therefore I got the boot. No biggie though, i scored a set of fairly new N63 Intakes for a steal. Vids coming soon
did you ever get to install those intakes from n63intakes? if so can you put up some pics and vids on it? thanx!!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 11:42 PM   #11
badblack550xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i 2011 F90 2020 COMP

Quote:
vids please
      04-07-2017, 11:43 PM   #12
TheBlackGT
Like No Other.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by badblack550xi View Post
Quote:
vids please
ill get you some soon i've been slacking lol
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2024, 03:39 PM   #13
thebeasttolik
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 550I xDrive M-Sport

Exclamation Do not buy it

Ok all, I know this is an old thread but I wanted to give an update as there isn't much on forums regarding the carbon intake from N63intake.com. I wanted this to come up if anyone Googles it as I have, because I suspect they will be deleting my review from their site. I purchased these intakes and wanted to share the experience to save others from the WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY that I went through with them.

On Christmas Day (25 Dec 2023) I purchased the V4 Carbon Fiber Edition intake from their site as a gift to myself. When ordering, the website stated up to 30 days processing as they are made to order. Although that's a decent wait I decided it was worth it. A month and a half later (14 Feb 2024) I sent an email to the company as I had not even received the intake. I never got a reply to the email, however I did get a phone call from them. They said there was a delay in the carbon fiber and they would be shipping it to me the following Tuesday and that "they would throw in some goodies" for the wait (should have been 20 Feb 2024). It was not shipped as promised on that date, but was instead shipped over a week later.

I finally received a package from them on 1 Mar 2024. All components were inside a large box, and the only form of protection was bubble wrap on the carbon bits. Everything was just floating inside hitting each other. After going through and making sure no parts were damaged, I realized the filters were missing. I wasn't too worried as they stated the filters would ship separately from the intake...fair enough. I reached out via email on 3 Mar 2024 requesting a status update and tracking number for the filters. My questions were ignored, and they instead asked if I had received the intake itself. I said that I had, and they continued to ignore my question of the filters. Instead of any help, I received an invite to take a survey to rate my experience, meaning they closed out the order in their system. Weird, as I was literally telling them I am still missing parts. So I continued to wait, and again requested information regarding the filters on 16 Mar 2024. I still have not received a reply or help as of 24 Mar 2024.

I now have a box in my living room full or bits and pieces, but importantly NOT ALL of the bits and pieces for the intake. The company is ignoring me and my requests for information or tracking on the filters.

Please DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY ordering anything from this company. They spent no time charging my card for this purchase, as they took over $1,000 from my account BACK IN DECEMBER. It is the end of March and they have not fulfilled their side of the purchase. This company blatantly stole money from me as they have not exchanged the agreed upon goods and continues to ignore me.

As a side note, the "goodies" they threw in was a sticker and a "turbo coolant line repair kit" from their website, an $80 value according to them...only problem is if I wanted to use this "goodie" I would have to tear into the engine bay. Now that wouldn't be so bad....if I hadn't just spent 6 months and almost 10k replacing the long block of the N63 and replacing every line, hose, and connection in the engine bay to new ones. That's why I ordered this intake in the first place, as the first mod to my new engine. This has been the worst experience for a car part I have ever gone through, PLEASE consider other options for your intake or anything else N63 related, as this company does not care for their customers.

I would sooner build my own intake from cardboard and tape before ordering from them again.

Sorry for the long rant/review.
Appreciate 0