BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

04-21-2014, 11:10 PM   #1
firstm6
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw m6

european delivery is one week from now ;)

hello all, so my european delivery is finally here may 2nd. I'm picking up a 2015 coupe m6 Sakhir Orange with platinum interior. I'll be going there with my brother, going to Manoco for a couple of days and then meet up with some friends/cousins in London.
Some of you who've already been there, I wanted to know
1, is it better to drive to Monaco, come back to Munich drop off the car and hop on Eurostar for London?
2, Drive from Monaco to London and then back to Munich to drop off the car?

For some reason it seems fairly easy to drive from Munich to Monaco, but from Monaco to London seems might be hard, steering on the other side/tunnel/channel.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 06:54 AM   #2
MSportDC
///MSport-DC
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5, 2012 X5 35d

Garage List
2012 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
Congrats! My plan is to do my very first ED for my next M in 2015.

Enjoy and hope to see some multimedia of your trip when you return.
      04-22-2014, 09:16 AM   #3
dkreidel
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: a lot of BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstm6 View Post
1, is it better to drive to Monaco, come back to Munich drop off the car and hop on Eurostar for London?
2, Drive from Monaco to London and then back to Munich to drop off the car?

For some reason it seems fairly easy to drive from Munich to Monaco, but from Monaco to London seems might be hard, steering on the other side/tunnel/channel.
I drove my M5 to London and onto Ireland without any difficulty, but if you've never driven in UK you'll need a bit of adjusting to a LHD car in a RHD world. The Chunnel is a snap, and the roads out of Folkestone are easy. I suggest avoiding a lot of driving in Central London.
      04-26-2014, 01:15 AM   #4
CalifBrit
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M6 MT Gran Coupe, Comp pkg

Why not drive from Monaco to London and drop the car off there? Take the flight back from London?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 02:03 AM   #5
firstm6
Registered
Rep

well, we decided to drop the car off in Milan and fly to London

I remember reading about some guy who's provides shuttle service from munich airport to the Welt, can't seem to remember his name, anybody's got his name and number?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 11:17 AM   #6
firstm6
Registered
Rep

picked up the car, drove it 1269 miles and ended up dropping it off for to be shipped in Munich
I'll add some pics from the trip.

I've read on a few threads about different things about the 1200 miles service something to do with the OIL and software update,
can someone please recommend me a dealer with knowledge how to perform the service on M vehicles?
I live in Anaheim hills/CA
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 02:39 PM   #7
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstm6
picked up the car, drove it 1269 miles and ended up dropping it off for to be shipped in Munich

I've read on a few threads about different things about the 1200 miles service something to do with the OIL and software update,
can someone please recommend me a dealer with knowledge how to perform the service on M vehicles?
Any certified BMW service center should be able to perform the first service. First service is the break-in inspection. They'll simply check the car to make sure it's breaking-in properly, run some diagnostics, some software mumbo jumbo, in my case they added some oil. Pretty simple. You'll be in and out in 30 mins.
Coming Soon:
2016 BMW M4 GTS De-Winged and Bagged on 22s
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 02:44 PM   #8
firstm6
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch Massacre
Quote:

Any certified BMW service center should be able to perform the first service. First service is the break-in inspection. They'll simply check the car to make sure it's breaking-in properly, run some diagnostics, some software mumbo jumbo, in my case they added some oil. Pretty simple. You'll be in and out in 30 mins.
Are you sure? On one of the other forum I read people discussing even the type of the oil being used for first service.
I thought on the first service they change the engine oil, differential oil, software upgrade.
Please correct me.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 08:48 PM   #9
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch Massacre
Quote:

Are you sure? On one of the other forum I read people discussing even the type of the oil being used for first service.
I thought on the first service they change the engine oil, differential oil, software upgrade.
Please correct me.
Well I took it to the same dealer that always dealt with my 2008 M6, and the words "break in inspection" and "oil change" is all they mentioned to me, regardless I was in and out in 30 minutes. Made the appointment a few days in advanced and received a phone call from my usual service advisor who seemed to know exactly what the car was coming in for beforehand.
Coming Soon:
2016 BMW M4 GTS De-Winged and Bagged on 22s
Appreciate 1