BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

02-08-2024, 12:30 AM   #1
Nyge M
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F33

Upgrading 2018 f12 to heated steering wheel

I’d like to add heated steering wheel to my 2018 f12 but wondered if it was as easy as changing the wheel and changing the switch in the side of the steering column that has the wheel adjustment, to the unit that also has the heated wheel button, then Plugging it in and maybe coding it.

I’m sure I won’t be the first person that wanted to do this., any advice welcome.

Also wondered if all steering wheels had the heating element in them, or if there is a different model??

Tia
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2024, 07:45 AM   #2
Taheemr
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyge M View Post
I’d like to add heated steering wheel to my 2018 f12 but wondered if it was as easy as changing the wheel and changing the switch in the side of the steering column that has the wheel adjustment, to the unit that also has the heated wheel button, then Plugging it in and maybe coding it.

I’m sure I won’t be the first person that wanted to do this., any advice welcome.

Also wondered if all steering wheels had the heating element in them, or if there is a different model??

Tia
if you car has lane assist I think wiring is already there, if not its a pain, looked into it, in the end purchased my next M6 with the option
Appreciate 0