BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

09-09-2015, 08:19 PM   #45
C5driver
Major
Rep
Drives: 55...just kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNich117 View Post
I totally understand and agree with you. However, it's almost impossible for anyone to get a 0 to 60 time that's below 4 seconds, and I've seen too many vbox figures to support that lol. BMW will undoubtedly report a quicker 0 to 60 but it's just fluff. They simply can't compete with the AWD competition, but on a roll it's still the king.
Not sure under what conditions they tested, but these numbers are under 4.

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...specs-page-5-2
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2015, 03:34 AM   #46
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
I love the M6 but $160k?! hahahaha! tragic.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2015, 02:03 PM   #47
ChrisNich117
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 F10 M5 Alpine White ZCP

Garage List
2009 e92 M3 coupe  [0.00]
2013 F10 M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by C5driver
Quote:
I totally understand and agree with you. However, it's almost impossible for anyone to get a 0 to 60 time that's below 4 seconds, and I've seen too many vbox figures to support that lol. BMW will undoubtedly report a quicker 0 to 60 but it's just fluff. They simply can't compete with the AWD competition, but on a roll it's still the king.
Not sure under what conditions they tested, but these numbers are under 4.

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...specs-page-5-2
Car and driver seems to always have the best 0 to 60 times. But I've never seen anyone's vbox figures where they achieved it under 4 seconds. M5 or M6.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2015, 03:54 PM   #48
jnkirk1974
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Garage List
I really don't see them moving the car at that price point. No way I'd buy it. Between $110,000-$120,000 (after dealer or manufacturer rebates) yes. At that price, too many other options come into play. For me. If I could luck into a GT3, that's what I'd get. If not, I'd get a 911 GTS.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2015, 05:59 PM   #49
fuddman
Major
Rep
Drives: 528-maybe

Quote:
... it's almost impossible for anyone to get a 0 to 60 time that's below 4 seconds.....
Maybe so.
But, consider this. When the M4 first came out, BMW advertised the DCT car as 0-60 in 3.9. I was very surprised they had the confidence to put that in writing under their logo. I've noticed they've since changed the figure to 4.1 on, essentially, the same DCT car. To your point, I guess too many people were breaking it trying to get the car to 3.9.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2015, 10:33 AM   #50
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

How many would I like? How about 12?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2017, 01:38 PM   #51
Padfan9
Sergeant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition Coupe

M6 Question

Guys, I have a few questions...

I just sold my M4 and I leased a 2016 M6 competition package. It is Singapore grey and a coupe.

I am a little confused on the competition package. I saw another limited edition competition package white M6 with all these racing stripes, and it has a lot more in add on's then the car I got, but then it has black side grilles that say "competition" on them, which I love. Mine is also competition, but doesn't have those black grilles. Is there a way to buy them if you have a comp M6?

Mine came with:

Competition Package $8,300
Executive Package
M performance exhaust w carbon tips
M performance CF rear diffuser

It doesn't come with full leather, just extended, and no sensors, but I don't care as much about that.

This competition package bumps the power to 600 right? Since it's a 2016 model? Nobody at the dealership knows anything.

Thank you!

'22 F92 M8 Competition Coupe - Frozen Brilliant White | 8 Speed DCT | Sakhir Orange/Black Full Leather | M Perf CF Exterior Package | M Perf. CF Exhaust | BBS FI-R 21" Wheels |
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2017, 04:56 PM   #52
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe`

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padfan9 View Post

I just sold my M4 and I leased a 2016 M6 competition package. It is Singapore grey and a coupe.

I am a little confused on the competition package. I saw another limited edition competition package white M6 with all these racing stripes, and it has a lot more in add on's then the car I got, but then it has black side grilles that say "competition" on them, which I love. Mine is also competition, but doesn't have those black grilles. Is there a way to buy them if you have a comp M6?

Mine came with:

Executive Package

It doesn't come with full leather, just extended, and no sensors, but I don't care as much about that.

This competition package bumps the power to 600 right? Since it's a 2016 model? Nobody at the dealership knows anything.

Thank you!
Same power, It's just a limited edition.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2017, 08:16 PM   #53
DenverF10M5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 CP

I actually just leased one of these Competition Edition models. The price dropped more than $40k and made the lease payment quite affordable. By the way, I immediately removed the stripes.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 02:44 AM   #54
melvyn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Quote:

Mine came with:

Executive Package

Thank you!

Yours is not an Edition model, they come in either Austin Yellow or Alpine White.Yours will be 600hp if built after July 15.
It should have full leather, is your dash leather? You may be thinking of "individual leather" that the Edition has with contrasting stitching.

Do some "googling" and you will see the difference
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 02:38 PM   #55
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:

Mine came with:

Executive Package

Thank you!
The Competition Edition is coming with CCB as standard plus bunch of CF such as diffuser , spoiler and mirror cap. Also M Performance Exhaust and M Performance Steering Wheel ... especial stitching and matt black rims.
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 03:14 PM   #56
DenverF10M5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvyn View Post
Yours is not an Edition model, they come in either Austin Yellow or Alpine White.Yours will be 600hp if built after July 15.
It should have full leather, is your dash leather? You may be thinking of "individual leather" that the Edition has with contrasting stitching.

I'm pretty sure he's not stating his is the competition edition. Sounds to me like he's asking if he can get the Competition side gills and wondering if his has 600hp.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 04:09 PM   #57
melvyn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverF10M5 View Post
I'm pretty sure he's not stating his is the competition edition. Sounds to me like he's asking if he can get the Competition side gills and wondering if his has 600hp.
I blame it on BM for fooking my brain up, you blink and they have released an upgraded CP or Edition.Pretty sure his car will be "full leather" with leather dash unless not a standard option as is now in UK.All CP M6 are now 600hp built after July 15 in UK, maybe August 15 in States.

Should be able to order the Competition gills from a BM dealership, unless they are slightly bigger or wider
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 06:17 PM   #58
Padfan9
Sergeant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Mine came with:

Executive Package

Thank you!

Thanks. Mine was built after July 2015, so it should be 600HP but it's not "full leather" it's extended black Marino leather. The dash is leather but not with stitching. I have the 20 inch M wheels and the car also came with M Performance exhaust w carbon tips and M perf Diffuser.

So mine is definitely competition, just not the special edition. I really want to find the black competition side grills but can't!

'22 F92 M8 Competition Coupe - Frozen Brilliant White | 8 Speed DCT | Sakhir Orange/Black Full Leather | M Perf CF Exterior Package | M Perf. CF Exhaust | BBS FI-R 21" Wheels |
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 06:19 PM   #59
Padfan9
Sergeant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
Quote:

Mine came with:

Executive Package

Thank you!
The Competition Edition is coming with CCB as standard plus bunch of CF such as diffuser , spoiler and mirror cap. Also M Performance Exhaust and M Performance Steering Wheel ... especial stitching and matt black rims.
It is?! When? I've only seen those as extra add ons not standard with the comp package. The comp package would cost a hell of a lot more than $8,300 if it did. I think all you get is:

HP and TQ upgrade (600 and 516)
Suspension upgrade
20 inch wheels

Am I right?

Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 06:21 PM   #60
Padfan9
Sergeant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Mine came with:

Executive Package

Thank you!

I attached the list of accessories can you take a look and tell me what you think? Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 06:30 PM   #61
Justin.AutoTalent
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
It is?! When? I've only seen those as extra add ons not standard with the comp package. The comp package would cost a hell of a lot more than $8,300 if it did. I think all you get is:

Suspension upgrade
20 inch wheels

Am I right?
He's talking about the Competition Edition bro

Not competition package.

The Special Competition Edition is pretty much a fully loaded M6 in White or Yellow with all M Performance add ons: Exhaust, mirrors, steering wheel, dct knob, etc

Congrats on the new ride. Hope to see you soon!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 06:34 PM   #62
Padfan9
Sergeant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.AutoTalent View Post
Quote:

Suspension upgrade
20 inch wheels

Am I right?
He's talking about the Competition Edition bro

Not competition package.

The Special Competition Edition is pretty much a fully loaded M6 in White or Yellow with all M Performance add ons: Exhaust, mirrors, steering wheel, dct knob, etc

Congrats on the new ride. Hope to see you soon!
Oh yea I saw that one also... I'm just going to swap my M4 interior CF pieces as they are the same.

I found the bad ass competition door sills but they are $1300!

Are you in LA?

Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 06:51 PM   #63
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep

Quote:

Suspension upgrade
20 inch wheels

Am I right?
What do you mean "is it? when?"
My point is that there is the difference between competition package and competition edition. Competition package is a $8300 package while Competition Edition is a an Edition of M6 as the fully loaded car with lots of packages including competition package. They both have the same engine with the same power and torque but lots of performance/cosmetic difference.
Months ago I broke down the options of Competition Edition in this thread if you are interested to know:

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1341726
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 09:06 PM   #64
Padfan9
Sergeant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
Quote:

Suspension upgrade
20 inch wheels

Am I right?
What do you mean "is it? when?"
My point is that there is the difference between competition package and competition edition. Competition package is a $8300 package while Competition Edition is a an Edition of M6 as the fully loaded car with lots of packages including competition package. They both have the same engine with the same power and torque but lots of performance/cosmetic difference.
Months ago I broke down the options of Competition Edition in this thread if you are interested to know:

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1341726
Never mind on the it is thing. I completely understand now. How can I make sure mine is 600HP? It says my production date was 7/15/15 so I assume it is, but I want to be sure. The dealership literally don't know anything.

Do you know if there is anyway to get the M6 side grille in black that says "competition" as I can't find it anywhere; only the door sills.

Thanks for the link.

Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 09:57 PM   #65
Alpha M6
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Quote:
Never mind on the it is thing. I completely understand now. How can I make sure mine is 600HP? It says my production date was 7/15/15 so I assume it is, but I want to be sure. The dealership literally don't know anything.

Do you know if there is anyway to get the M6 side grille in black that says "competition" as I can't find it anywhere; only the door sills.

Thanks for the link.
The m6 competition side fin is $1400, a rare piece but not sure it is worth 1400 tho
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2017, 01:13 AM   #66
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep

Quote:

Thanks for the link.
Yours is 2016 model so it's 600 HP(592 bHP)
No idea about grille but you can ask dealerships they must have the part. Ask Crevier or Irvine BMW...
Appreciate 0