BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

07-30-2015, 09:20 PM   #1
Zmantoo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1978 AMC Pacer Xanadu Green

I give up on MeisterSHAFT

I am done! I can't wait any longer because I'm done.

In April I ordered 2 exhausts, one for the wife's Jeep SRT and one for my F06. I was told end of June for the SRT and end of July the F06. I called my dealer and GTHaus several times, for time frame confirmations. I was promised they were on track.

It is now July 30th and nothing!! The day (more like the hour) I tried to cancel my order, the Jeep SRT order was shipped. WOW what a coincidence! Then I receive an odd call from the owner (don't know if it was the owner just speculating) he apologized and told me he will call me with the details on the F06 the next morning and they are having issues in Korea with a new project manager over promising and under delivering.

The next day...Why was I not surprised he never called? I received a text from the dealer telling me the exhaust will be available at the end September! Does it really take 5-6 months for an exhaust? Please someone let me know? Especially, one that is being built in Korea.

BTW why did they name their product a German name, when they are located in Illinois and the product is manufactured in Korea?

I hate writing emails like this because it makes everyone, including me, look bad. BUT buyer beware. If you do not want bad service and horrible expectations then please stay away from MeisterSHAFT! This is my opinion and experience.

Anyone have any recommendation for a good exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2015, 09:43 PM   #2
shahin
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 18 M5 FE,15 M6 GC, 12 M5,06 M5

Go to RPI and get the GTM Exhaust.
If I was RPI owner I would do money back guarantee for satisfaction.
Best exhaust out there.
And yes, I have heared all the top name brand ones in person.
RPI GTM number 1!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2015, 11:20 AM   #3
BimmerGuy25
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '14 X6M '14 M6 '15 C300

I am very surprised to hear about your experience with Meisterschaft. When I ordered my exhaust about 7 months ago. I got it within 2 days. The shop I ordered my exhaust from is one of their number one distributors here in Socal.

I'd give another dealer a try. If not, I would definitely go with Eisenmann Race. You can never go wrong with the quality and customer service when it comes to Eisenmann.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2015, 11:49 AM   #4
Sharif507
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 F13 2014

yea very weird, i live outside the us and i had it here in a week...
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2015, 03:12 PM   #5
supremepower
Supreme Leader
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80, 996GT2, 996TT, 991RS 356b

Interesting... Sorry to hear about your experience with the vendor and GTHaus

In regards to another exhaust recommendation, Akrapovic + Downpipes is a great option!

Another one is RPI GTM

Videos attached:

RPI GTM w/downpipes

RPI GTM/w stock downpipes

Akrapovic w/stock downpipes

Akrapovic w/downpipes (Forum members car)

Sales & service of BBS Street & Motorsport products.
BBS Highest Volume Dealer 2015 thru 2022
All the top brands at the prices and service you can count on. Professional installation.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2015, 11:36 AM   #6
jnkirk1974
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Garage List
I'm an RPi GTM owner. Love it. Had Meisterschaft on my 550i and thought it was great too. No issues.

The RPi is top notch. Awesome sound.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2015, 11:38 AM   #7
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

The nice thing about MeisterShaft is that it comes with a valve system so you can control the volume/air flow coming out of the exhaust. It's great when you don't want to be too loud especially when the police are nearby. However, RPi is built solely for the purpose of making more power, exhaust note is actually number 2 believe it or not, but with a turbo engine you can control the loudness of the exhaust just by the throttle alone. The turbos themselves are mufflers.

Unfortunately this is one thing I have never personally liked about Meistershaft, they build their exhausts in Korea yet have chosen a German name. All my opinion, and I know even the Apple iPhone is built in China, but at least Steve Jobs didn't name the iPhone the MeisterPhone and have it built in China. Lol!

Appreciate 0
      08-03-2015, 02:21 PM   #8
A Frankfurt
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: German

Being a dealer for Meisterschaft, I too have had orders recently that are taking longer then expected.
Recently, there was a huge issue at the ports and has caused such a delay in companies receiving their products. Shipping containers just sitting there not allowed to be moved.

GT Haus had to re-build all the orders that were submitted.
If you need any assistance in getting information on your product, send me a message or call me directly and I'll see if I can get you any update information.
I do know that all orders are being addressed and even myself, had to notify my clients of the extended order situation.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2015, 02:16 PM   #9
Zmantoo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

I didn't cancel my order because of it taking so long or the quality of the product. I cancelled because GTHaus has repeatedly provided false and misleading information. Basically, they have lied several times. I don't want to do business with any company that continually lies. (I spoke to GTHaus several times)

To add insult to injury, I just received my wife's Jeep GC SRT exhaust. They shipped two mufflers and two remotes. Everything else was missing. No tips, no valve controller or wiring. Now this is why I cancelled my M6 order. BAD SERVICE!!!!How do you partially ship a product? If I buy a BMW do I expect the wheels and engine a separate day?

When I spend a large amount of money for a product, I expect a quality product and service to go along. I don't know about product because the BAD SERVICE never delivered it!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2015, 02:34 PM   #10
Zmantoo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Take a look they even didn't send the valve that controls the sound. WTF. What a joke!
Attached Images

Last edited by Zmantoo; 08-04-2015 at 02:37 PM.. Reason: add pic
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 03:18 PM   #11
A Frankfurt
Banned
United_States
Rep

That sucks
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 08:49 PM   #12
jnkirk1974
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
For what its worth.....those valves on the Meisterschaft can break. Both of mine did. Fortunately, they at least broke while in the open mode. I wouldn't choose an exhaust based on valves that open and close. Keep it simple and just get one that sounds the way you like it....all the time. Otherwise, I'm not sure how easy it is to fix the valves.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 11:38 PM   #13
Zmantoo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

jnkirk1974 - I'm surprised to hear that your valves broke!?! Mine never broke because I never received them. Also, I can't provide feedback to the quality because, once again, I never received them.

Did you keep the system on the car, with the broken valves? Did you contact GTHaus? What did GTHaus do or say? How is coming along so far with or without the valves?

I have heard nothing but great comments on the quality and sound. Your comments come as a surprise. I don't doubt GTHaus's quality or sound. My issue is with their service and how they can send a product that is not complete. Also, my concern was how they could set improper expectations by giving false delivery dates, over and over again?

Autohaus Frankfurt - Being a dealer, what are you thoughts? Have you ever come across this? The dealer I purchased the exhaust from has not been the most ideal, with communication, but I can't blame them since they were not the ones with the broken promises or sent a product with poor quality control.

Autohaus Frankfurt, in a previous post, you provided more insight on the possible causes for the delay's (more than my dealer or GTHaus provided) which I find commendable. But what are you thoughts on sending equipment that is not complete? What would be a dealers prospective or responsibility? I apologize if this inappropriate or if this is placing you in an awkward position. Please feel free to PM me with your answer, in case you believe this should not be a public conversation, or simply ignore my question. I will respect any decision.

On a positive note, someone from GTHaus called me today. They said they will make it right. I hope they can make "IT" right too. I’ll let everyone know if they actually follow up and deliver, this time.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 11:56 PM   #14
jnkirk1974
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmantoo View Post
jnkirk1974 - I'm surprised to hear that your valves broke!?! Mine never broke because I never received them. Also, I can't provide feedback to the quality because, once again, I never received them.

Did you keep the system on the car, with the broken valves? Did you contact GTHaus? What did GTHaus do or say? How is coming along so far with or without the valves?

I have heard nothing but great comments on the quality and sound. Your comments come as a surprise. I don't doubt GTHaus's quality or sound. My issue is with their service and how they can send a product that is not complete. Also, my concern was how they could set improper expectations by giving false delivery dates, over and over again?

Autohaus Frankfurt - Being a dealer, what are you thoughts? Have you ever come across this? The dealer I purchased the exhaust from has not been the most ideal, with communication, but I can't blame them since they were not the ones with the broken promises or sent a product with poor quality control.

Autohaus Frankfurt, in a previous post, you provided more insight on the possible causes for the delay's (more than my dealer or GTHaus provided) which I find commendable. But what are you thoughts on sending equipment that is not complete? What would be a dealers prospective or responsibility? I apologize if this inappropriate or if this is placing you in an awkward position. Please feel free to PM me with your answer, in case you believe this should not be a public conversation, or simply ignore my question. I will respect any decision.

On a positive note, someone from GTHaus called me today. They said they will make it right. I hope they can make "IT" right too. I’ll let everyone know if they actually follow up and deliver, this time.
When they broke, it was so close to the end of my lease, that I didn't even bother fixing them. Plus, I loved the sound of them wide open....so I didn't see the need to go through the trouble of finding a fix.

I'm not saying to avoid Meisterschaft. I'm only saying that I think the valves are a bit of a gimmick. A lot of people love them. However, I found that I really never closed them. So, if I bought the Meisterschaft again, I'd get it without valves.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2015, 10:19 PM   #15
supremepower
Supreme Leader
United_States
Rep

Who are you speaking with when you call them if you don't mind me asking?

It appears that they have a bunch of new guy's working the phone and in the sales department

Quote:

All the top brands at the prices and service you can count on. Professional installation.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2015, 01:39 PM   #16
Zmantoo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

In the past I have spoken to Customer Service, which then transfers me to a Sales Rep. I don't know the Sales Reps name but I recognized the voice to be the same guy I spoke to in April. Also, when I call in the late afternoon (4pm Pacific) it forwards to a cell phone, which is the same guy. I don't know his name but he has a very up beat attitude. He did mention he lived in Satan Monica.

Most recently I have spoken to Robert (first time he referred to himself as Rob). He is the one who has promised to resolve the issue. I have had extensive conversations with him. I don't think Robert is the same person as the Sales Rep, but I could be wrong since the tone and attitude are much different. (it can also be the conversations tone effecting my hearing)
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2015, 03:00 PM   #17
A Frankfurt
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Sent you a PM
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2015, 05:33 PM   #18
Zmantoo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

I called, but you were out. I'll try again this afternoon.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2015, 10:30 PM   #19
supremepower
Supreme Leader
United_States
Rep

Quote:
In the past I have spoken to Customer Service, which then transfers me to a Sales Rep. I don't know the Sales Reps name but I recognized the voice to be the same guy I spoke to in April. Also, when I call in the late afternoon (4pm Pacific) it forwards to a cell phone, which is the same guy. I don't know his name but he has a very up beat attitude. He did mention he lived in Satan Monica.

Most recently I have spoken to Robert (first time he referred to himself as Rob). He is the one who has promised to resolve the issue. I have had extensive conversations with him. I don't think Robert is the same person as the Sales Rep, but I could be wrong since the tone and attitude are much different. (it can also be the conversations tone effecting my hearing)
We've ran into issues before with GTHaus, but Rob always takes care of us. A perfect example was last week. We had a GT2 Rear section that was sent to us without the adapters. He overnighted them Friday, for an installation that was rescheduled for today.

Rob is the guy to talk to at GTHaus

Appreciate 0
      08-14-2015, 11:05 PM   #20
Zmantoo
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

There have been some people that have stated they are confident that GTHaus will address my problems and insure the problems will be fixed.

In order to be fair to GTHaus and provide total transparency, I thought I provide the great deal and commitment GThaus has provided to resolve a customers problems. I thought I owe that to GTHaus and the people on this forum. Especially, to the loyal people who stood behind GTHaus, when I had my doubts.

Yesterday I received a call from Robert, at GTHaus. I was happy to hear from him, because in a previous call he promised to make sure I was a happy customer, fix the mistakes they made and hope to address my comments I made on the forums. (Wow the forums work!!!!!)

He was very apologetic and polite. He stated he was able to complete the exhaust from the system I returned, except the wireless control for the valves. The system would need to be hard wired (I found it odd since I returned a wireless remote, with the mufflers, but gave him the benefit of the doubt.) His offer was list price with free shipping. Wow! What a great deal!! Right?!?

Please understand the original purchase price, paid in full in April, (I purchased 2 exhausts for my M6 and my Jeep SRT) was less than Robert’s offer. For the same exhaust, paid shipping and wireless remote, the April purchase price was much less than Robert’s great deal without a wireless remote and free shipping. I guess that is how GTHaus “Takes care of you”!?! (with no Vaseline). I can make several sarcastic remarks and speculations of his offer but I would rather only provide the facts and allow the forum members to make their own assumptions.

Also, dealers please understand that Robert wanted to sell this direct. He didn’t want to sell it through the original dealer or from another dealer. I specifically asked him who would I buy from and he said “directly from GTHaus”.

I work in an industry that relies in Channel Sales (dealers). If we ever took ANY deal direct and undercut our dealers, we would be in a world of sh** with our dealers and lose their faith. We NEVER sell direct.

So for all of those who have faith in GTHaus to “make it right”, I completely understand your loyalty because you already own a quality (supposedly) product. Unfortunately, I have never seen their quality because I was never provided with any functional product. I can only comment on their service. Their service is horrible and shady (they have lied to me more than once). This post is just my 2 cents with facts. Make your own decision.

Final thought, even if they offered me a free exhaust and a blow j**, I would turn them down.

Last edited by Zmantoo; 08-14-2015 at 11:11 PM.. Reason: Grammer
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2015, 12:27 AM   #21
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2o13 m6 f13

Sad... But then again when a company has a German name and everything is factory produced in Asia you have to wonder "what is really going on?"

Just sayin...

Brian
/// 2o13 m6 f13 . jb4 tuned . meth injected . msr intake . 21" adv1 wheels . eisenmann race w/ catless DPs . vorsteiner full aero . accuair e-level w/ bagged KW V3 struts . dinan sways . bel stir+ w/ alp jammer . jl audio subs
/// 2o13 x5m e70 . velos tuned . 22" adv1 wheels . dropped on kw variant3 coilovers . passport 9500ci radar & jammer. gets groceries fast
Appreciate 0