BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

06-16-2017, 07:21 AM   #1
ojo
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep
Drives: 650i cupe

Adaptive Cruise Controll

Hi all, I have a question regarding the acc on my -14 650 cupe. The car has the 5AT Driving Assistant Pluss option witch include acc.

If the adaptive cruise control is activated and the car in front comes to a full stop, my car does not follow the car when it drives away. In my previous car (-12 535d) I had to tap the accelerator after the first stop, after that it followed the car in front through every full stop.

Is there any special trick/setting to get the 6’er to start driving after a full stop?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2017, 10:54 AM   #2
elvisisdog
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F06 MSport 2013/09

you should see the depth gauge (ladder in the instrument cluster) flash each bar in sequence. It does this to show you that the car thinks it's ok to proceed, press the resume button on the steering wheel and it'll start moving again and build up speed. It's a bit leisurely in it's build up of speed - I often give it some beans and then press resume button once back in flowing traffic.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2017, 12:11 PM   #3
ojo
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep

Yes, I see that the ladder is flashing, but the car sits stationary. Do I have to press the resume button every time I want the car to start driving after a full stop? The drivers guide says that the car will follow the car in front, like my F11 did….
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2017, 09:03 AM   #4
elvisisdog
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F06 MSport 2013/09

I think it depends on the conditions of how the car came to stop. I've noticed mine will start automatically if it came to a graceful stop. If it performs what it thinks is an emergency stop then it needs telling to start again. Driving conditions for most of the roads I'm on are pretty much always emergency stops so I've got in the habit of pressing resume every time.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2017, 07:05 PM   #5
hsbob
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bme 650 xi grand coupe

no, it depends on how long you have been stopped. it the front car leaves just after your car stops then it will automatically go. if your car is at a full stop then you need to use tap the throttle. the rate of restart depend on the setting 1-4 bars and distance from the front car as it starts off.

the resume button is new to me, but i will try it.

i have had the ACC since 2007 and really love it [besides with my rt leg nerve damage its become a needed option]
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2017, 02:35 PM   #6
ojo
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep

Just tested the resume button, it has the same effect as the throttletap.
Must try to play with the 1-4 bars. So if I have it set to just 1 bar it should go by itself if the stop is short?
Hope there is a setting that make it go by itself like my 535 did. Really love it when I’m stuck in traffic.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2017, 09:13 AM   #7
Jon D
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2022 840d

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisisdog View Post
...press the resume button on the steering wheel and it'll start moving again and build up speed...
There's always something new - great tip, thanks. Obviously it's covered in the manual but after 45 years in aircraft engineering you get acustomed to only reading the instructions if all else fails!
Appreciate 0