Anyone tried the Soul PP muffler delete? sounds good in videos but hard to tell

thanks
      05-31-2018, 07:04 AM   #2
Knightro_Circus
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6GC

Garage List
2014 BMW M6 GC  [0.00]
Just had it put on my F06 last week and love it so far. Just getting in to start it I get excited to hear it roar when it comes to life.

The shop I go to has a group of BMW master mechanics and a Porsche master mechanic. The Porsche MM is the guy who did the install for me. Made a comment about being really impressed with the quality of the system and how the welds were better than factory. The clamps they sent with the system were the same ones he used with Porsche GT cars. When we fired it up for the first time the whole shop stopped. It has such a deep roar now that was only subtle before with the stock exhaust.

Showing it off at work has been a blast too. Have a few mustang guys around that have built race cars. They've all gotten huge smiles and comment how that sounds like a V8 now.

As far as drone goes, I haven't noticed it too much. Like I stated in the Pics post, this is my first aftermarket exhaust and my only other experience is from the import tuner scene from a number of years ago when I was younger. Compared to cruising around in civics and integras from that timeframe, it's no where near that level. Only place I would say I notice anything is if I get into 7th gear with low RPMs and lightly play with the accelerator. That peters out as the RPMs climb a little higher though, and by that I mean about 500 more than the low end of staying in the gear to begin with.

Overall I'm loving it, wide open throttle is exhilarating and addicting. The low end climb builds a steady roar to a steady note in mid range RPMs. The cold start cat cycling in a closed garage can be a little deafening but kind of fun

Also, the black PVD tips look fantastic. The tips are satin with the soul logo in gloss black across the tip edge. Have my wheels in satin black so it goes together well.

Edit: Mike@SoulPerformanceProducts has been super helpful with information and responsive to questions I've had. If you have more questions or want pictures feel free to send me a message as well.

Last edited by Knightro_Circus; 05-31-2018 at 07:13 AM.. Reason: Added shout out to Mike@SoulPerformanceProducts
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2018, 10:49 AM   #3
jokergerm
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 GC

Cool, i had already ordered it! lol. I should have probably asked before buying it. But my mind was made up, sounds like i will be happy

How much louder then stock is it?
      06-01-2018, 06:14 PM   #4
Evoking
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

I wonder how the ECS Turner delete compares. It has no resonators.

Then of course there is the simple muffler shop delete!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2018, 07:06 PM   #5
spikespiegel
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 comp

Garage List
Correct me if i'm wrong but I think what you're paying for here, compared to a muffler shop delete is a bit more R&D into the noise output (lack of drone) etc..
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2018, 10:44 AM   #6
jokergerm
Lieutenant
Rep

yea the sounds clips from what i can tell, sound great. Guess i will find out this week!
      06-11-2018, 09:54 PM   #7
jokergerm
Lieutenant
Rep

Installed my Soul delete today.

The kit is very good quality, better then i expected. My only complaint about the quality is the Clamps for the tips, they should be welded on. They look terrible, i am going to need to figure something out, as it drive me nuts

The sound isn't bad, wakes the car up for sure, however I'm used to the E60 M5 with E-race mufflers and nothing will ever beat that sound. So I'm still like MEH it sounds ok. In my head i just keep wanting that V10 sound which is never gonna happen.

But all in all, good kit for 1k, if you want some sound from your M6. I put it on myself in less then an hour.

06-12-2018, 04:45 AM   #8
Mr. M6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6

Garage List
2014 BMW M6 F06  [9.25]
nice, post some vids