BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

06-03-2014, 03:13 PM   #1
C's Bimmer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M6 GC,'08 M5,'14 958 GTS

Michelin not making 265/30/21?

I'm not sure if anyone has tried to place an order for Michelin PSS in 265/30/21, but everyone, including TireRack, is completely out and the status from Michelin is backordered with no date. The TireRack rep said this is unusual, as Michelin normally gives a production date, but with no date in the future, it begs the question if they are going to continue with production... Even the TR rep thought that might be the case, when he didn't get a definitive answer from his Michelin rep...

I went ahead and ordered 255/30/21, as they only had 6 left (now 4) and will be pairing these with 305/25/21's in the rear. Hopefully, no issues, but with how many owners on this forum have 265's, it seems really odd that they would stop making them -- unless we're such a small niche and it's making little to no margin from a business side. However, with Michelin being the only manufacturer of this exact size, it would seem questionable. I really hope they bring them back.

I guess this post was more about if anyone has run into similar issues and what they've heard from Michelin or their tire vendor...

Current Garage:
*2015 Singapore Grey F06 M6 Gran Coupe (The Beast)
*2014 Black Cayenne GTS 958 (Wife & Kids Beast)
*2008 Imola Red E60 M5 (My Other Beast)
Appreciate 0