BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

11-29-2012, 09:46 PM   #23
Stonehands
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by noushy View Post
Here are a few quick pics to show you the factory snow package.

Noushy
I just received my car back with the snow setup. I noticed that the wheels are identical to yours. They are not the same as my 20" but smaller. They are a completely different color. They are a silver versus a gunmetal grey of my 20s. My dealer's parts manager assured me they are the same as the ones I originally ordered for my car. I specifically requested them to be identical. While they are not bad looking, they lack the aggressive militant look of my 20s. They will also show the dirt more. Looks like I will have to contact the parts manager. Otherwise, the tries look very aggressive and reassuring, even though they are only H rated. The LM 60s ride remarkably well given the deep tread design. Overall, very pleased with my choice.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 08:09 PM   #24
noushy
///M Fan
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp, X5M Comp, iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands View Post
I just received my car back with the snow setup. I noticed that the wheels are identical to yours. They are not the same as my 20" but smaller. They are a completely different color. They are a silver versus a gunmetal grey of my 20s. My dealer's parts manager assured me they are the same as the ones I originally ordered for my car. I specifically requested them to be identical. While they are not bad looking, they lack the aggressive militant look of my 20s. They will also show the dirt more. Looks like I will have to contact the parts manager. Otherwise, the tries look very aggressive and reassuring, even though they are only H rated. The LM 60s ride remarkably well given the deep tread design. Overall, very pleased with my choice.
Stonehands, the paint finish is for durability in winter with salt. The clear coat polished wheels will get corroded by the winter elements. These wheels also come in a 20 inch package which are for cars with ceramic brakes. Trust me you will be pleased, mine are solid and make me happy to drive my car on nice winter days and not fear a little snow fall.

Noushy
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 08:01 AM   #25
Hunter5179
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

I'm using
-Pirelli Winter Sottozero Serie II(performance winters)
Front: 255/40/20 9.5
Rear : 285/35/20 10.5
Stock 20" wheels
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 03:19 PM   #26
Stonehands
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by noushy View Post
Stonehands, the paint finish is for durability in winter with salt. The clear coat polished wheels will get corroded by the winter elements. These wheels also come in a 20 inch package which are for cars with ceramic brakes. Trust me you will be pleased, mine are solid and make me happy to drive my car on nice winter days and not fear a little snow fall.

Noushy
Well put. I contacted my dealer and got virtually the same info. I am very pleased and feel secure now that the snow has finally appeared. Again, thanks for the info. I do not have the ceramic brakes therfore did not need the larger set. I also wanted the advantage of narrower and taller wheels in the snow.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2013, 03:45 AM   #27
Stonehands
Private First Class
Rep

The LM60s definitely need break in. The tread blocks need to wear down a bit before serious sport driving. Humiliated a corvette. Car began to float over the road with a wobble on rapid decel. After several hundred miles starting to behave but still skittish. My guess still better in deeper snow than Scottozeros but not as performance. If your area has not much snow, I would go with Scottos. Just an FYI.
Appreciate 0