BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

04-04-2015, 12:06 PM   #1
barclay
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 540ix

What's your next car after your M6?

My lease ends in August and while I have enjoyed the car, (particularly with settings in Sport and the transmission set to 3 bars) I'm ready for something different and a bit cushier. Getting a Mercedes S550 coupe.
What's next for you?.......
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2015, 12:18 PM   #2
nyy13lal24dal9
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15' M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by barclay View Post
My lease ends in August and while I have enjoyed the car, (particularly with settings in Sport and the transmission set to 3 bars) I'm ready for something different and a bit cushier. Getting a Mercedes S550 coupe.
Just got my M6GC last week. I cannot disagree with the S550 coupe. The interior is unreal.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2015, 12:37 PM   #3
C5driver
Major
Rep
Drives: 55...just kidding.

2019 M6, NA Ferrari, or Aston.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2015, 12:42 PM   #4
RKP-M6
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 Coupe

Ferrari 488
      04-04-2015, 12:47 PM   #5
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by barclay View Post
This is my big nightmare
I still have another one year, but it's been long time I am thinking about the next car. I'm not an MB guy so Mercedes is not my choice; however I need to test drive the AMG GTS and hope she catches my eyes. I have a list of different cars. R8 from entire Audi lineup, 991 GT3 and 458 are in my list, but I don't think they can be a DD car for me to be driven 10-12k mile per year... Jag F-Type R is an amazing car and could be the choice, but I'm not willing to go back to that ZF8 transmission since I experienced it on my 650i.
Also thinking about M4 MT, but I know that's a big downgrade for me. Don't get me wrong, I didn't say M4 is not a good car, since it's really a great car at her price point but going from M6 to M4 is like a downgrade IMO; however it's really a fun car ... I really hope BMW introduces a super car soon.. If M division put an M engine on i8, then I will be the first one jump into it
Still I believe M6 is the best choice at her price point... I prefer to not get another M6 and fill the 3 years gap with another car till next generation of M6, but I'm afraid of missing the feeling of performance and luxurious of M6 if I switch to any car...
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2015, 01:04 PM   #6
speedracerlo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 Gran Coupe

Garage List
Huracan for me unless something else comes along the way and blows me away
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2015, 01:08 PM   #7
RKP-M6
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracerlo
Huracan for me unless something else comes along the way and blows me away
Hurracan= sex
      04-04-2015, 01:40 PM   #8
AstonMartian777
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 F06

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
This is my big nightmare
I still have another one year, but it's been long time I am thinking about the next car. I'm not an MB guy so Mercedes is not my choice; however I need to test drive the AMG GTS and hope she catches my eyes. I have a list of different cars. R8 from entire Audi lineup, 991 GT3 and 458 are in my list, but I don't think they can be a DD car for me to be driven 10-12k mile per year... Jag F-Type R is an amazing car and could be the choice, but I'm not willing to go back to that ZF8 transmission since I experienced it on my 650i.
Also thinking about M4 MT, but I know that's a big downgrade for me. Don't get me wrong, I didn't say M4 is not a good car, since it's really a great car at her price point but going from M6 to M4 is like a downgrade IMO; however it's really a fun car ... I really hope BMW introduces a super car soon.. If M division put an M engine on i8, then I will be the first one jump into it
Still I believe M6 is the best choice at her price point... I prefer to not get another M6 and fill the 3 years gap with another car till next generation of M6, but I'm afraid of missing the feeling of performance and luxurious of M6 if I switch to any car...
Same here for me m4 is def a downgrade theoretically, but I drove a MT and it was a blast. I like the way it looks as well.
      04-04-2015, 01:54 PM   #9
speedracerlo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 Gran Coupe

Garage List
M4 would be a great second car to have for fun
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2015, 04:39 PM   #10
barclay
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 540ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracerlo View Post
M4 would be a great second car to have for fun
For me, it's impossible to get it all in one car. In addition to the S550 coupe, I'd love to get a Boxster S for the 5 months of the year that we have warm weather.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2015, 04:52 PM   #11
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Well...I'm currently getting into another m6.

After that- I'm looking to go green- and if the i8s interior gets upgraded- that may be a viable option
      04-04-2015, 04:52 PM   #12
PhantomCypher
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ferrari FF, Hellcat, Maserati

Will probably go horizontal to the AMG GT S if it proves to a good drive. R8 if I can get a good deal (yea right!)

By next year so many cars will have some sort of "auto-pilot" or self-driving feature that it'll make it really tough to pick and not miss out on "the next big thing".
      04-04-2015, 06:06 PM   #13
chask
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
This is my big nightmare
I just now discovered the M lineup of BMW. Oh, I've driven (hundred or so) or owned (about 8 I remember offhand) about every other model they have, but as I think about it now strangely never one that had the Motorsport name on it. Day before yesterday my break in service was done and I finally am doing a little bit of WOT. I've certainly driven faster cars, but not much. The B7 I just got out of was quick but where it started falling on its face this one is just coming alive. But the M6 is a whole lot more than straight line fast.

My first real beast was a 320 with nearly as much bhp as this M6 - it had about a 5 to 1 weight to hp ratio, maybe 4.5. At 2500 lbs (with me in it) it had about half the weight of the M6 I'm in now. There's nothing quite like light and high hp. The M6 is pretty luxurious; something that 320 was never going to be (at least that was one investment I did not want to make). So I can really appreciate the thought of having a M4. I think they are great looking and it could be made faster if that's the route you wanted to take.

I have either driven the other cars mentioned, owned them or owned the high end ones of that maker. I just love this M6. Maybe I have not owned it long enough and am still overly enamored with it; perhaps overlooking something or haven't found it's flaws. But this sure is a keeper to me. I guess after a few years I might get bored with it (maybe 'used' to it might be a better way to say that) but I cannot imagine that right now. If I ever got tired of its performance there are mods to fix that, and I've certainly done the full route before so I know where to go. A new one ought to fix most if not all the driver amenities inadequacies I might find.

I think if it was going to be anything other than a newer M6 I'd get a M4, maybe an M5. Heck, I might get a slightly used smaller M (a 2-4 years old M4 or M5) and do what I did to the 320 (shoot for 200-250 bhp/liter) though I still think that might just be a fun backup car for me. Right now - it's a new M6. That's at least a couple of years away for me though. Mine only has 1200 miles on it.

I have loved BMW's since I drove my first one. They are without a doubt a driver's car. In all the cars I have driven there seems to be a bias that the mfg takes towards a cushier ride and driving experience or towards good road feel and driver enjoyment (slightly at the sacrifice of a "sitting in your living room" ride). The 750/760's I have had (all 12 cyl turbos) were great but seemed to get away from that driver feel just a little - shifted more towards cush than a driver feel, plus they weighed almost 2.5 tons. The S65 I drove for 3 years was a monster for sure, but way too cushy for my tastes, and closer to 3 tons. The B7 got back to it a little, but it never had much in the higher RPM range. It kind of reminded me of the eta motors of the early 80's (the 528e) - just start to get going then the engine ran out of its torque band and it just made more noise (not much more acceleration). Having this M6 only has really re-awakened that driver's car feeling for me. I love this M6. I can't imagine not having one. Maybe a lighter one . . . maybe. But going to another make - I doubt it.
Appreciate 2
      04-04-2015, 10:23 PM   #14
rsr racer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6

Really in love with the M6. Came from an M4 MT and the difference is exponential. Could not go backwards although the 4 was a fun little beater. Came out of a 750 Li to get into the 4

Just picked up a 2008 GT2 with flash and pipes =630 HP = smiles for miles
Still have my 997 RS = raw fun
71 240z is a ripper
66 mini is my go kart with doors!!
535i for grocery shopping.

The jag really has my eye. If they come up over 600 hp and keep the current body, I may pull,the trigger on that after the 6. I will be back to a MT for that as well. The Z06 with the Z07 package is in the mix also.
      04-05-2015, 12:33 AM   #15
aj1985
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 m6 coupe sapphire black

S63 coupe. I dont think coming from an m6 i can do a non amg car if i switch to a benz. Need the added performance over a 550.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 12:39 AM   #16
JimM6GC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M6 GC; '16 B6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSugarSkulls View Post
After that- I'm looking to go green- and if the i8s interior gets upgraded- that may be a viable option
+1
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 01:14 AM   #17
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM6GC
Quote:
+1
Right? I mean other than the digital drivers dash, my lord- I felt like I was in my Toyota Yaris!

For 150k+, I'd at least want the current m6 interior quality- At the very minimum!
      04-05-2015, 04:52 AM   #18
chask
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

Quote:

Quote:
Right? I mean other than the digital drivers dash, my lord- I felt like I was in my Toyota Yaris!

For 150k+, I'd at least want the current m6 interior quality- At the very minimum!
I'm in total agreement. Green is the best way, and the sooner the better. Unfortunately the technology is not quite where we need it to be - not yet.
Right now there are so many inefficiencies in production and distribution of electricity that using an outlet to charge one is worse than driving a gasoline engine - at least that is what the experts say (causes more pollution). And from what I hear the difference is not insignificant. But we are getting close, or at least much closer. I think the hybrid cars (like the i8) are the best hope in the near future. hopefully it won't be long before everyone's circumstances and driving needs/desires can be accommodated by green transportation.

Quote:

+1!! I've yet to see one other than in pictures so I have no idea what the interior really looks like. For that kind of money I'd want at least what the quality that the M6 has too.

As for getting to see one up close, it looks like I'll have to hope to run into one around town. My dealer has already sold the first 10 they will get and the ones that have already been delivered to customers left the lot within minutes - and I mean just a few. One of my friends who works there told me he could call me as the truck rolled in and the car would be gone by the time I drove up there. The two or three they have received were gone in less than 15-20 minutes.

Speaking of that kind of money - I saw one dealer website where they were asking 250K for their i8. At almost 70% over list the interior had better look very posh and have a ton of high tech functionality, much better than the current M6.
Appreciate 1
      04-05-2015, 05:17 AM   #19
M6Hoggers
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 Coupe F13

Just moved from a 640d to an M6. I've only had it a couple of weeks and it appears to be all the car I'll ever need. Next car? Maybe another M6 when a new model comes out or an i8 I guess. Always seem to stick with BMWs
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 07:56 AM   #20
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chask
Quote:

Quote:

I'm in total agreement. Green is the best way, and the sooner the better. Unfortunately the technology is not quite where we need it to be - not yet.
Right now there are so many inefficiencies in production and distribution of electricity that using an outlet to charge one is worse than driving a gasoline engine - at least that is what the experts say (causes more pollution). And from what I hear the difference is not insignificant. But we are getting close, or at least much closer. I think the hybrid cars (like the i8) are the best hope in the near future. hopefully it won't be long before everyone's circumstances and driving needs/desires can be accommodated by green transportation.

Quote:

+1!! I've yet to see one other than in pictures so I have no idea what the interior really looks like. For that kind of money I'd want at least what the quality that the M6 has too.

As for getting to see one up close, it looks like I'll have to hope to run into one around town. My dealer has already sold the first 10 they will get and the ones that have already been delivered to customers left the lot within minutes - and I mean just a few. One of my friends who works there told me he could call me as the truck rolled in and the car would be gone by the time I drove up there. The two or three they have received were gone in less than 15-20 minutes.

Speaking of that kind of money - I saw one dealer website where they were asking 250K for their i8. At almost 70% over list the interior had better look very posh and have a ton of high tech functionality, much better than the current M6.
I am absolutely with you for all those reasons. I was fortunate to sit in an i8 (obviously they weren't letting test drives) before I decided to order the 2016 m6, and by the outside- it absolutely looks it's money worth.

However the inside was a HUGE let down. I even laughed about it and told my ca "man it must be nice to have that much expendable income to literally spend over 200k on a toyota dressed up as the highest end bimmer" all the little blue accents/seats belts look cute from afar, but close are ridiculously cheap looking.

Normally the interior is not a make or break for me. But considering the amount with the mark up- you're already In another league as far as cars go- and while the exterior definitely keeps up, I'd need more to ever consider it since it would be my daily/weekend car.

So no need to run red lights when they have one / at least for the current i8 don't rush on over to see the interior, nothing going on there Hahaah.

And the markups..that's another factor. Hopefully the demand over supply calms down in the next two-three years. And if not- I'm just hoping the next generation m6 continues to offer MT
      04-05-2015, 10:33 AM   #21
F12M6MD
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Rivian R1T

BMW will begin doubling their daily production of the i8. So hopefully that will narrow the supply and demand gap and bring the prices back down to realistic territory (despite the lacking interior).

Mark
      04-05-2015, 10:46 AM   #22
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F12M6MD
BMW will begin doubling their daily production of the i8. So hopefully that will narrow the supply and demand gap and bring the prices back down to realistic territory (despite the lacking interior).

Mark
Invoice maybe?!?

A man can dream :