BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      04-12-2014, 07:30 PM   #45
davuusM6GC
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

Aram, thanks for the pics!
I think i am going to go this route. either the 433 or 343s. Is there any chance to put thinner wheels on the back? You know, the same as the front?!?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2014, 07:38 PM   #46
ARam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by davuusM6GC
Aram, thanks for the pics!
I think i am going to go this route. either the 433 or 343s. Is there any chance to put thinner wheels on the back? You know, the same as the front?!?
You mean tires? I think u can't bc i was going to buy just the wheels and use the Dunlop tires but then i was told the suggested tires dimension was the one from MICHELIN.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2014, 08:02 PM   #47
davuusM6GC
Private First Class
Rep

Sorry, I meant thinner (less wide) rims, you know, like putting the same width as the front rims on the back? I did notice the M6 GC wheel wells do stick out a little (probably why the rear 433s can be wider, probably need wider wheels to accommodate the power/speed of M6!)
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2014, 09:09 PM   #48
fitmaster
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Convert / 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARam
Finally! You can find the spoiler aftermarket online. When i got it for my GC i payed $600 for the M6 version because car was too new to the market. I'm replacing it with aftermarket. I'm no way i'm paying $600 for an accessory that doesn't add any performance to the car but looks.

I just hope it doesn't get stolen again. I suspect a pass-by BMW owner was stalking it for a while to steal it.
I purchase the,M6 coupe rear spoiler for my GC from the dealer for $350. Plus $100. To paint and install. This is in south FL. Shouldn't cost that much for that spoiler.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2014, 10:26 PM   #49
wzj519
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 COMP PKG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARam View Post
There is only one part # for these wheels. They are 433 wheel style and i didn't have any fitting issue. However, i noticed that the REAR tires rubs sometimes with the underneath plastic area when u have heavy people in the back.

Additionally, the rear tire are so WIDE that they stick out a little and make the car stance more aggressive (I will post some picture of this).

As for tire comparison, I noticed that the Michelin are far BETTER because the car felt a lot comfortable on road and pot holes. Also these stick to the road like glue for grip!

And before the change, i ran over (6) Dunlop tires replaced due to side wall bubbles with the 356 wheel styles. Worst tire i ever had. There's a whole forum about these tires. Everyone is getting side wall bubbles.
Thanks for reply Aram. I am going to the same route now. I thought about HRE, but the stunning looking and better price of 433 wheels just growing on me. BTW, can you upload some detailed looking of the rims on your car? Ah... is your car lowered? I am going to lower my car not sure will this be a concern or not.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2014, 10:57 PM   #50
southern6er22
Southern6er22
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i xDrive M Sport Coupe

Garage List
Awesome car with that spoiler, and I love the M6 rims on this car. You're tempting me…

Btw, I got the Continental mobility kit from Tire Rack to be my safety net if I get a flat (I recently replaced my OEM RFT Dunlops with the non-RFT Dunlops).
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2014, 11:03 PM   #51
ARam
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzj519
Quote:
There is only one part # for these wheels. They are 433 wheel style and i didn't have any fitting issue. However, i noticed that the REAR tires rubs sometimes with the underneath plastic area when u have heavy people in the back.

Additionally, the rear tire are so WIDE that they stick out a little and make the car stance more aggressive (I will post some picture of this).

As for tire comparison, I noticed that the Michelin are far BETTER because the car felt a lot comfortable on road and pot holes. Also these stick to the road like glue for grip!

And before the change, i ran over (6) Dunlop tires replaced due to side wall bubbles with the 356 wheel styles. Worst tire i ever had. There's a whole forum about these tires. Everyone is getting side wall bubbles.
Thanks for reply Aram. I am going to the same route now. I thought about HRE, but the stunning looking and better price of 433 wheels just growing on me. BTW, can you upload some detailed looking of the rims on your car? Ah... is your car lowered? I am going to lower my car not sure will this be a concern or not.
I will upload some more photographs! My car is not lowered and i don't think i would recommend lowering. There isn't a lot of free room.

I just drove to Connecticut from NYC to a friend house to see Pacquiao fight and the tire rub off the lower area 2 times. Its very concerning. I will need to plan ahead before taking passenger. Not sure if M6GC owner are having the same experience.

BTW! I have gotten so many compliments with this wheels.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2014, 11:05 PM   #52
ARam
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern6er22
Awesome car with that spoiler, and I love the M6 rims on this car. You're tempting me…

Btw, I got the Continental mobility kit from Tire Rack to be my safety net if I get a flat (I recently replaced my OEM RFT Dunlops with the non-RFT Dunlops).
Thanks. Good thing you replace the Dunlop tires! They are a money pit.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 05:24 AM   #53
davuusM6GC
Private First Class
Rep

Funny, that my post didn't get any response, but apparently 433s on the 640/650 GC is a hot topic for some and we are talking about it here. Maybe because M6 owners don't like the idea of it? Haha. Well, M6 badges and double kidney grill are off limits of course, but rims are fair game I say!!! I am deciding between 433 or 343s. The extra wide rear 433s must not fit the rear well, like I said, M6 is a bit wider....can anyone confirm this?

Wait, i forgot people DID reply to my initial thread! Check out "M6 Wheels on 640 GC" looks like it doesn't quite fit...which is why Aram is having issues with the extra weight!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 11:07 AM   #54
wzj519
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I will upload some more photographs! My car is not lowered and i don't think i would recommend lowering. There isn't a lot of free room.

I just drove to Connecticut from NYC to a friend house to see Pacquiao fight and the tire rub off the lower area 2 times. Its very concerning. I will need to plan ahead before taking passenger. Not sure if M6GC owner are having the same experience.

Thanks Aram. Cannot wait to see the pictures and then I can make my decision to purchase the 433s..the only issue I am worry about is the rubbing problem. Toronto roads are kind of crapy.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 11:16 AM   #55
ARam
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davuusM6GC
Funny, that my post didn't get any response, but apparently 433s on the 640/650 GC is a hot topic for some and we are talking about it here. Maybe because M6 owners don't like the idea of it? Haha. Well, M6 badges and double kidney grill are off limits of course, but rims are fair game I say!!! I am deciding between 433 or 343s. The extra wide rear 433s must not fit the rear well, like I said, M6 is a bit wider....can anyone confirm this?

Wait, i forgot people DID reply to my initial thread! Check out "M6 Wheels on 640 GC" looks like it doesn't quite fit...which is why Aram is having issues with the extra weight!
The rubbing issues only happens when you have 2 back passengers above 200+ pounds. Anything below that the rubbing doesn't happened. And only when the car bounces while driving due to uneven road. Its a just a quick rub sound and that's it. Drove 55 miles yesterday night and only happened (3) times.

As for wheel choice, the 433 are for me better looking than 343 wheels and more aggressive. I just see to many people with 343 wheels. I saw a few 3,5,6 series with then and (1)Honda with replica 343 wheels.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 11:25 AM   #56
ARam
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzj519
Quote:

Thanks Aram. Cannot wait to see the pictures and then I can make my decision to purchase the 433s..the only issue I am worry about is the rubbing problem. Toronto roads are kind of crapy.
You should be fine as long you don't take heavy passengers in the back seats.

When passenger get inside back seat tires to the plastic/fabric area is only a inch close to the rubbing area.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 11:30 AM   #57
ARam
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARam
Finally! You can find the spoiler aftermarket online. When i got it for my GC i payed $600 for the M6 version because car was too new to the market. I'm replacing it with aftermarket. I'm no way i'm paying $600 for an accessory that doesn't add any performance to the car but looks.

I just hope it doesn't get stolen again. I suspect a pass-by BMW owner was stalking it for a while to steal it.
I purchase the,M6 coupe rear spoiler for my GC from the dealer for $350. Plus $100. To paint and install. This is in south FL. Shouldn't cost that much for that spoiler.
That is cheap and i guess you had some type of Hefty discount. When i bought mine it was much more than that.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 11:52 AM   #58
ARam
First Lieutenant
Rep

My brother called off the photo-shoot. Here are some great iPhone photos.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 01:13 PM   #59
neversummer78
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels....

Nice stance, how much does it stick out in front?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 02:15 PM   #60
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:

These are the stock M6 GC wheels. You do not need spare tire as long as you have the Mobility system is coming with M6. you need to purchase it. you can find the information in M6 User's manual page 158.
I also had the same problem you mentioned about Dunlop tires in my previous 650i and when I contacted the manufacturer they accepted to replace all 4 but since this tire is defective, they replaced by Bridgestone tires!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 02:21 PM   #61
ARam
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
These are the stock M6 GC wheels. You do not need spare tire as long as you have the Mobility system is coming with M6. you need to purchase it. you can find the information in M6 User's manual page 158.
I also had the same problem you mentioned about Dunlop tires in my previous 650i and when I contacted the manufacturer they accepted to replace all 4 but since this tire is defective, they replaced by Bridgestone tires!
Really! I could have recope a lot of money if i knew about contacting the manufacture and returning them.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 02:22 PM   #62
ARam
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by neversummer78 View Post
Nice stance, how much does it stick out in front?
They don't stick out as much as the rear.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 02:40 PM   #63
neversummer78
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels....

Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 03:15 PM   #64
wzj519
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
They don't stick out as much as the rear.
Is there any issues with front ones, because it it turning wheel, really worry about it.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 03:16 PM   #65
wzj519
Captain
Canada
Rep

It looks very aggressive on pictures.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 05:00 PM   #66
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzj519 View Post
Is there any issues with front ones, because it it turning wheel, really worry about it.
Since I have the same size of wheels on my M6, I would say the steering wheel is heavier than 650i but it can be because of different suspension as well. Anyways, with wider wheels you would experience the better traction!
Appreciate 0