BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      04-05-2017, 08:59 PM   #1
DenverF10M5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 CP

F12 Meth Install Advice

I attempted to install a meth kit on my F12 coupe, but couldn't figure out the best way to route the meth line into the trunk. Is there anyone that has done this before that could give me some tips? I appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 12:06 AM   #2
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe`

If it were me I would get the car on a lift and run steel braided lines out of the trunk and under the car to the engine bay, like the fuel lines.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 09:56 AM   #3
DenverF10M5
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downfourit View Post
If it were me I would get the car on a lift and run steel braided lines out of the trunk and under the car to the engine bay, like the fuel lines.
I would prefer to find a way through the car into the trunk. Otherwise, I would need to buy several new fittings, along with a new pump.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 04:05 PM   #4
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverF10M5 View Post
I would prefer to find a way through the car into the trunk. Otherwise, I would need to buy several new fittings, along with a new pump.
You should, because if one of those lines leaks or cracks, you'll fill your interior with methanol and I don't need to tell you how dangerous the stuff is. People just got used to this whole "oh it's just a meth kit." No, it's like another fuel tank in your car but mickey moused together to feed a highly flammable liquid into your engine that can also burn your car to the ground from a spark.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 04:58 PM   #5
upstate650
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 650xi Gran Coupe Msport

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
Quote:
You should, because if one of those lines leaks or cracks, you'll fill your interior with methanol and I don't need to tell you how dangerous the stuff is. People just got used to this whole "oh it's just a meth kit." No, it's like another fuel tank in your car but mickey moused together to feed a highly flammable liquid into your engine that can also burn your car to the ground from a spark.
Apparently you do.
2014 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe Msport Black Sapphire Metallic on full black merino leather. 20" M5 343M wheels for summer, 20" 373 wheels for winter with Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 studded snow tires. M6 CP exhaust with M6 Diffuser and ///M Performance carbon fiber finisher. Mission Performance stage 1.5 and transmission tune.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 01:12 PM   #6
DenverF10M5
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You've been reading too many horror stories. I've installed and ran meth lines through the interior on several cars without issue. I didn't post this thread to hear about the dangers of methanol injection. I want to know the easiest way to route the line through the interior.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 01:46 PM   #7
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You've been reading too many horror stories. I've installed and ran meth lines through the interior on several cars without issue. I didn't post this thread to hear about the dangers of methanol injection. I want to know the easiest way to route the line through the interior.
It's a free country last time I checked and I can chime in however I want in a respectful manner according to forum rules. Do what you like, but when it does happen to you please blame yourself, not the companies that make the products which you are going to install incorrectly.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 01:51 PM   #8
DenverF10M5
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
It's a free country last time I checked and I can chime in however I want in a respectful manner according to forum rules. Do what you like, but when it does happen to you please blame yourself, not the companies that make the products which you are going to install incorrectly.
Did you really just pull the "it's a free country" card? Unlike yourself, I actually know how to install a meth line. You should probably keep your car stock and live in a padded room. Go troll somewhere else with your advice that has nothing to do with the original post.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 02:07 PM   #9
upstate650
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Did you really just pull the "it's a free country" card? Unlike yourself, I actually know how to install a meth line. You should probably keep your car stock and live in a padded room. Go troll somewhere else with your advice that has nothing to do with the original post.
Then why are you asking???

I run mine from the trunk through the ski door, staple the line to the center console, and drilled a hole through the dash between the radio and the nav screen. That way I have visual confirmation of flow.
2014 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe Msport Black Sapphire Metallic on full black merino leather. 20" M5 343M wheels for summer, 20" 373 wheels for winter with Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 studded snow tires. M6 CP exhaust with M6 Diffuser and ///M Performance carbon fiber finisher. Mission Performance stage 1.5 and transmission tune.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 02:21 PM   #10
Eurohorses
Captain
Rep
Drives: 23 Jahre G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstate650 View Post

I run mine from the trunk through the ski door, staple the line to the center console, and drilled a hole through the dash between the radio and the nav screen. That way I have visual confirmation of flow.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 02:24 PM   #11
DenverF10M5
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Reading comprehension is not your strong point. Based upon your description.....you're a retard. Then again, you're from New York. Enough said.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 04:16 PM   #12
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Reading comprehension is not your strong point. Based upon your description.....you're a retard. Then again, you're from New York. Enough said.
Now we're all retards for warning you not to blow up your car with yourself or anyone else in it. You are from CO probably hittin that legal loud way too hard and you will accidentally light up your meth line thinking it's a pipe. Slow your roll big dog, do it right or don't do it at all, this isn't a honda civic with liability only insurance.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 06:17 PM   #13
upstate650
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
Quote:
You called me a retard? What are you, 12? And you're asking people in an on line forum how to do something you claim to already know how to do, insulting people who respond, and making fun of the great State of New York?

Buying a car with class doesn't mean you have class.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 06:45 PM   #14
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You called me a retard? What are you, 12? And you're asking people in an on line forum how to do something you claim to already know how to do, insulting people who respond, and making fun of the great State of New York?

Buying a car with class doesn't mean you have class.
Further proving that money cannot buy class or intelligence. Get that guy TFOH!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2017, 06:13 AM   #15
Craigas
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW650I Couple X-drive

With the risk of re-fueling the war in this thread....i'm interested in any answers to the original question.

BTW: Meth is safe when used at 50/50 with water (basically -40 windshield water fluid), which would be my plan as I am going more for cooling effect (than fueling effect) but live in the north so don't want it to freeze lines, etc, if running only water injection.
Appreciate 0