BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

03-19-2015, 09:45 PM   #45
aahmichael
Rep
Drives: 2015 650ix GC

I was not happy with the trunk when I first got the car, but now I'm totally fine with pulling down hard on the grab slot. It's easy. In regards to the soft close doors, I've never once utilized them. I just close the door the same way I've always closed a car door.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 09:49 PM   #46
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by yipyip99 View Post
I want to say 100HPs and 50ftlbs Torque

A friend of mine just got an R8 (the smaller v8 one) and we raced without the jb4 and even though he beat me. It wasn't by much. Maybe 1 car length... Both cars stock.

So I'll let you know when I race him again with my jb4 on.

That one should be close...
Sorry buddy but even with these numbers (that I doubt) you cannot beat 650i coupe. Maybe you can keep up with 650i convertible (and still not beat it) but not with coupe or GC... Noway
BTW, with those gains in power and torque you may be able to beat 650i with N63 engine and not N63tu
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 09:52 PM   #47
yipyip99
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F13 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahmichael
I was not happy with the trunk when I first got the car, but now I'm totally fine with pulling down hard on the grab slot. It's easy. In regards to the soft close doors, I've never once utilized them. I just close the door the same way I've always closed a car door.
I was the same way when I got the car. Cause I wasn't used to not closing my own doors...

Now I make sure I put zero effort in closing them and let the car do its magic and make people's jaws drop...
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 09:59 PM   #48
yipyip99
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe
Quote:
I want to say 100HPs and 50ftlbs Torque

A friend of mine just got an R8 (the smaller v8 one) and we raced without the jb4 and even though he beat me. It wasn't by much. Maybe 1 car length... Both cars stock.

So I'll let you know when I race him again with my jb4 on.

That one should be close...
Sorry buddy but even with these numbers (that I doubt) you cannot beat 650i coupe. Maybe you can keep up with 650i convertible (and still not beat it) but not with coupe or GC... Noway
BTW, with those gains in power and torque you may be able to beat 650i with N63 engine and not N63tu
Bruh, when I set the jb4 to map 7, my car backfires!

Backfires bruh!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 11:37 PM   #49
JimM6GC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M6 GC; '16 B6

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Count me in with the 3 people who think it is just fine the way it is. Oh and the soft close doors are worthless as well on this car.
+1.

I appreciate the point made by the OP, but I'm so happy with the other aspects of the car that the lack of the trunk-closing feature is far down on the list of my priorities. For example, I like doing my own work on my cars as much as possible, and I hate the small opening that they give you to remove the oil filter through the metal skid plate. I would rather have a larger opening there than a self-closing trunk.

Different strokes for different folks (or should I say different button-pushing features for our individual personalities ).
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 11:52 PM   #50
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Oh and the soft close doors are worthless as well on this car.
Since we always agree with each other, I disagree with you this time
Soft close doors if not a must, is one of the best futures any car can have!
I have always had issue (since I was a teenager) when people wanted to close the doors of my cars. Sometimes they closed it very soft and I had to re-close it and sometimes they closed it hard and I would get angry what the hell they were doing. I recall one time when one of my friend closed the door too hard and the door lock was broken... I was almost killing him
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 11:22 AM   #51
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep
Drives: '14 650 M Sport Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
Since we always agree with each other, I disagree with you this time
Soft close doors if not a must, is one of the best futures any car can have!
I have always had issue (since I was a teenager) when people wanted to close the doors of my cars. Sometimes they closed it very soft and I had to re-close it and sometimes they closed it hard and I would get angry what the hell they were doing. I recall one time when one of my friend closed the door too hard and the door lock was broken... I was almost killing him

I am with you 100%, as I feel the same way. Pet peeve having my doors slammed. Really don't understand how anybody would not like the soft close feature. A true, ultra-luxury touch. Very few cars on the market offer this.
And of course if you don't want to avail yourself of the feature -just slam away and override the soft close.

Does make me chuckle when guys comment about leave it off and save the weight. Kidding right? About 2 pounds total. Then why not leave off the power folding mirrors, motorized roundel camera, sunroof/rear window power sunshades. 20 way power seats, B & O motorized center speaker, cooled seats, HUD. I could go on. This is a luxury GT, want something light get the new Miata.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 01:59 PM   #52
yipyip99
Private
United_States
Rep

The whole purpose of these forums is to provide customer feedback to the manufacturer. I'm 100% sure BMW has someone checking us out...

With that said:

Dear BMW,

Please make sure next 6 series has a FULL sliding Sun Roof!

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 02:24 PM   #53
Bönz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Quote:
The whole purpose of these forums is to provide customer feedback to the manufacturer. I'm 100% sure BMW has someone checking us out...

With that said:

Dear BMW,

Please make sure next 6 series has a FULL sliding Sun Roof!

Thank you!
The "whole purpose"? Where did you get that idea? You could send them a letter. I'm sure they'll listen to you.

External sliding sunroofs look ridiculous. I'm glad we don't have one. I'd rather have the larger glass like it is.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 02:44 PM   #54
yipyip99
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bönz View Post
The "whole purpose"? Where did you get that idea? You could send them a letter. I'm sure they'll listen to you.

External sliding sunroofs look ridiculous. I'm glad we don't have one. I'd rather have the larger glass like it is.

Of course the will listen to me! Let's see, i've bought a 3 series, an M4 and now a 6 series... Oh, and my dealer knows to call me when they get their first 2017 M6, so i'm pretty sure they appreciate my business...

And why are you even THINKING about "external sliding sunroofs"? GHETTO!

I know that the way it is right now it would never slide back internally, but maybe they can make it smaller? It will be more practical.

Just a thought...
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 03:06 PM   #55
Bönz
Captain
United_States
Rep

Read my post again. We agree. I said: "External sliding sunroofs look ridiculous."

But I also said "I'd rather have the larger glass". If they made a coupe's sunroof small enough to slide under the sheet metal, given the current roofline, it would look like an aftermarket cut-in from Pep Boys.

Fortunately, I don't have to worry about any of this when my M5 arrives. Although I have never had issue with the sunroof in my 650. And if you are really thinking about a next gen M6, forget the sunroof. I'm sure BMW will keep the CF roof.

BTW. I'm on my 5th BMW and some posters here are on their 20th or more, just saying....
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 03:24 PM   #56
yipyip99
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Read my post again. We agree. I said: "External sliding sunroofs look ridiculous."

But I also said "I'd rather have the larger glass". If they made a coupe's sunroof small enough to slide under the sheet metal, given the current roofline, it would look like an aftermarket cut-in from Pep Boys.

Fortunately, I don't have to worry about any of this when my M5 arrives. Although I have never had issue with the sunroof in my 650. And if you are really thinking about a next gen M6, forget the sunroof. I'm sure BMW will keep the CF roof.

BTW. I'm on my 5th BMW and some posters here are on their 20th or more, just saying....

Ok, gotcha!

The M4 I had I ordered it with a sunroof. I could care less about shedding 50lbs... i need to have some light and wind when I'm driving

I'm sure i can special order the M6 with a sunroof... otherwise i'll get a Maserati Granturismo.

5th beemer?

I'm not that old to be on a 20th bmw... lol
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 03:46 PM   #57
Bönz
Captain
United_States
Rep

Unlike the M4, the F13 M6 cannot be optioned with a sunroof instead of the CF roof. Although that could change on the next generation.

I'm on about my 20th car, but that's going back to when I was 16 and also includes company cars and my wife's cars. Some dudes around here are over 100 cars, but it's not just a matter of age, it's about desire, priorities and money.

I'd be a little concerned about Maserati quality. But a lot can change in two years.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 03:48 PM   #58
yipyip99
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnz
Unlike the M4, the F13 M6 cannot be optioned with a sunroof instead of the CF roof. Although that could change on the next generation.

I'm on about my 20th car, but that's going back to when I was 16 and also includes company cars and my wife's cars. Some dudes around here are over 100 cars, but it's not just a matter of age, it's about desire, priorities and money.

I'd be a little concerned about Maserati quality. But a lot can change in two years.
Maserati quality concerns?

Can you elaborate?

It would really help me out.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 04:04 PM   #59
Bönz
Captain
United_States
Rep

My suggestion is to do your own research. Read the car reviews on line. Check out Edmunds and JD Power. And most important check out the Maserati forums. There, you should get the reality about owning a Maserati.

IMO, you get more for your money with a BMW. The only thing a Maser gets you is exclusivity.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 05:03 PM   #60
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe`

Quote:
My suggestion is to do your own research. Read the car reviews on line. Check out Edmunds and JD Power. And most important check out the Maserati forums. There, you should get the reality about owning a Maserati.

IMO, you get more for your money with a BMW. The only thing a Maser gets you is exclusivity.
Yep you're right! This morning the guy in a 458 Italia got a big surprise from the younger guy in the 650 next to him. I know it's a Ferrari and a beautiful one at that but we were zipping around and ended up next to each other at a light. I saw it turn yellow so hit the pedal and activated launch control, (Mind you my car is not stock at all) I destroyed his life by about 3 cars up until about 60mph and then he started reeling me in but we were going too fast so we both let off nose to nose. He said "I think I paid too much and got too little" He was kinda sad but I told him my car has been modified and had he pulled up next to a tuned M6 he would have been really sad and I told him to cheer up cause he was driving an absolute beauty of a car. He drove off still looking kinda sad. Cheers to the ultimate launching machine!!! Haha
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 07:04 PM   #61
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downfourit View Post
Yep you're right! This morning the guy in a 458 Italia got a big surprise from the younger guy in the 650 next to him. I know it's a Ferrari and a beautiful one at that but we were zipping around and ended up next to each other at a light. I saw it turn yellow so hit the pedal and activated launch control, (Mind you my car is not stock at all) I destroyed his life by about 3 cars up until about 60mph and then he started reeling me in but we were going too fast so we both let off nose to nose. He said "I think I paid too much and got too little" He was kinda sad but I told him my car has been modified and had he pulled up next to a tuned M6 he would have been really sad and I told him to cheer up cause he was driving an absolute beauty of a car. He drove off still looking kinda sad. Cheers to the ultimate launching machine!!! Haha
How fast your car goes 0-60 , 0-100, 1/4 mile?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 07:05 PM   #62
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Of course the will listen to me! Let's see, i've bought a 3 series, an M4 and now a 6 series... Oh, and my dealer knows to call me when they get their first 2017 M6, so i'm pretty sure they appreciate my business...

I know that the way it is right now it would never slide back internally, but maybe they can make it smaller? It will be more practical.

Just a thought...
How come did you switch from an almost brand new M4 to 640i?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 07:07 PM   #63
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep

Quote:

Agree
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 07:23 PM   #64
yipyip99
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Just a thought...
How come did you switch from an almost brand new M4 to 640i?
This happened... 😔
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 07:44 PM   #65
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep

Quote:
This happened... 😔
Oh... Sorry buddy.
I was in shelly BMW today with my friend to pick up his car.
I saw almost the same car. M4 Black/Sakhir Orange with MT.
I test drove the car and I enjoyed it. I don't know why people are complaining about the exhaust sound but to me it was awesome.
Car was not as fast as M6 (I test drove in Sport+/MDM), but more fun to drive. I wish I had one more spot in my garage...
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 07:50 PM   #66
yipyip99
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
This happened... 😔
Oh... Sorry buddy.
I was in shelly BMW today with my friend to pick up his car.
I saw almost the same car. M4 Black/Sakhir Orange with MT.
I test drove the car and I enjoyed it. I don't know why people are complaining about the exhaust sound but to me it was awesome.
Car was not as fast as M6 (I test drove in Sport+/MDM), but more fun to drive. I wish I had one more spot in my garage...
Thnx bruh.

I hit that wall behind the car and bounced back to the middle of the road...

I live in ny so there was salt and sand on the road and I couldn't stop...

That's why I got an awd... Rwd in NY are SO dangerous... At least 425hps rwd...

Cause I had a rwd 325 for 6 years and although it was annoying getting stuck in driveways and fish tailing all over I was able to manage it...

That was my first M car... And I completely fell in love with it... But I refuse to get a rwd car ever again... I don't want to die...
Appreciate 0