F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > Who Needs Estoril Blue II when there's Tanzanite Blue
Extreme Powerhouse

07-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #45
crowed
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

http://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=718264

There are some more pics there of a 6series gran coupe that another member has just received-- in Tanzanite blue. One member suggested that the color is somewhere in between Imperial and Deep Sea blue, but the weather looked a bit overcast.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 12:08 PM   #46
ZMM_OMG
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M3

Garage List
2015 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMC Pro Machine  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowed View Post

There are some more pics there of a 6series gran coupe that another member has just received-- in Tanzanite blue. One member suggested that the color is somewhere in between Imperial and Deep Sea blue, but the weather looked a bit overcast.
Awesome, thanks for posting man!

Still darker than I was hoping, but gotta say that it suits this car really well. A buddy of mine had one as a tester for a few days and the 6GC is a real stunner in person!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 09:56 PM   #47
CurlyFatAngry
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: his BMW as much as he can !

This looks much like my 2011 Deep Sea Blue coupe
'08 Jet Black E92 328xi, Premium, Sport, iPod, Black Grille, GP Thunder, Painted Reflectors
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2012, 06:20 PM   #48
okolisr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 435i xDrive Msport 6MT

Quote:

Here are a few new pictures of Tanzanite Blue on the same 6 Gran Coupe in bright sunlight:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-27-2012, 01:53 AM   #49
ZMM_OMG
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by okolisr View Post
Here are a few new pictures of Tanzanite Blue on the same 6 Gran Coupe in bright sunlight:
FINALLY! Full daylight shots of Tanzanite! In the first pic, you can see an Imperial Blue F30 in the background for comparison. Tanzanite looks to be less purple-y and inky and lies somewhere between Imperial and Deep Sea. Definitely glows in direct sunlight.

Still not the shade I was hoping for, but a great choice in a darker blue. Thanks for sharing it!
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2012, 03:35 AM   #50
crowed
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
All I have to say is... BMW really needs to fix their color shades on the site. Even the best calibrated monitor doesn't do justice to the colors besides black or white. I do like the color though
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2012, 07:59 AM   #51
Adman Mike
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerswede View Post
I ordered a tanzanite blue 328i F31 with m sport package last week. I haven't seen the color other than in the web configurator and the shots of the BMW 6 series that was referred to earlier in the thread. I really hope it is as nice in reality as I think it is. As for the interior, I chose alcantara/cloth.

In Sweden, the price for tanzanite blue is 19 000 SEK inkl. VAT (1700 GBP or 2700 USD).

The car is supposed to be delivered by September.

If anyone have more pics of the Tanzanite blue, it would be appreciated

Yeah I can't wait to see it, I'm due to get mine on the 6th Sept and it is due at the dealer on the 20th August. Have searched all over the internet for pictures, the pics of the 6 series make the blue look very metallic.
      07-27-2012, 08:11 AM   #52
KneeDragr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Planning 2015 ED :)

Wow that has a ton of flake in it, I like.

Too bad its not US bound. Imperial is too dark IMO.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2012, 11:03 AM   #53
ZMM_OMG
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
All I have to say is... BMW really needs to fix their color shades on the site. Even the best calibrated monitor doesn't do justice to the colors besides black or white. I do like the color though
Word up to that! If the configurator shades had more accurately represented the color, I wouldn't have considered it in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KneeDragr View Post
Wow that has a ton of flake in it, I like.

Too bad its not US bound. Imperial is too dark IMO.
It's available for U.S. cars as part of the BMW Individual paint scheme on the 6er.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 11:19 AM   #54
okolisr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMM_OMG View Post
It's available for U.S. cars as part of the BMW Individual paint scheme on the 6er.
i just noticed that customers in Canada can already order Tanzanite Blue as a STANDARD option, for the SAME $800 PRICE AS THE OTHER STANDARD METALLIC COLORS -- no extra charge! (see www.bmw.ca configurator). This is almost exactly the same car that US customers will be driving. Even in the US, Tanzanite Blue is also already a standard option on the M6 (without ordering the whole Individual Package).

Surely it is just a matter of time before this Tanzanite Blue option comes to the US 3-Series also -- hopefully later this year. The same thing applies to the M-Sport Brake option, which costs $350 in Canada.

Please listen to us BMWNA! Your US customers are going to be patient and wait for the colors and options we really want, not just order what is available today.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 11:44 AM   #55
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i Ruby Red II

Quote:
i just noticed that customers in Canada can already order Tanzanite Blue as a STANDARD option, for the SAME $800 PRICE AS THE OTHER STANDARD METALLIC COLORS -- no extra charge! (see www.bmw.ca configurator).
I had a look but couldn't even see Tanzanite showing in the colour list, there seemed to be just the standard (non individual) colours. Mind you, I couldn't even see the M Sport so maybe I'm missing something altogether
      08-04-2012, 11:58 AM   #56
okolisr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjberry View Post
I had a look but couldn't even see Tanzanite showing in the colour list, there seemed to be just the standard (non individual) colours. Mind you, I couldn't even see the M Sport so maybe I'm missing something altogether
Sorry, I did not notice that additional colors such as Tanzanite Blue are only available with the M Sport package. I believe that this is the same on the UK configurator (or at least was in the past).

Also, the M Sport option in Canada seems to only be available on the 335i xDrive.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2012, 05:58 PM   #57
ZMM_OMG
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
i just noticed that customers in Canada can already order Tanzanite Blue as a STANDARD option, for the SAME $800 PRICE AS THE OTHER STANDARD METALLIC COLORS -- no extra charge! (see www.bmw.ca configurator). This is almost exactly the same car that US customers will be driving. Even in the US, Tanzanite Blue is also already a standard option on the M6 (without ordering the whole Individual Package).

Surely it is just a matter of time before this Tanzanite Blue option comes to the US 3-Series also -- hopefully later this year. The same thing applies to the M-Sport Brake option, which costs $350 in Canada.

Please listen to us BMWNA! Your US customers are going to be patient and wait for the colors and options we really want, not just order what is available today.
Keep in mind though, that our neighbors to the north pay significantly more for the same car and the packages / options are bundled quite differently than in the U.S.

As for the 6er, Tanzanite is an $1,800 option in all circumstances where it's available for us 'Muricans. Click here for an example on the M6 Coupe.)

Whilst it's possible that BMWNA could re-arrange the color charts at some point, I'm not holding my breath. The 3er's color palette already has Imperial Blue, and Tanzanite is really close. If it did come, I could see it being offered as an Individual color on the F80 M3.

Those of us who really want non-standard options (i.e. Saddle Brown on the M-Sport anyone?) are probably going to have to wait until BMW ramps up production and decides how steep the molestation... errr... "Individual" charge is going to be.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2012, 06:37 PM   #58
G80_Soom
Freude am fahren
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 G80 M3 6MT IOMG/KO

Garage List
2021 BMW M3  [0.00]
They are two completely different colors but EBII blows Tanzanite away imo.

'13 F30 Estoril Blue 335i 6MT
#savethemanuals
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 06:22 AM   #59
jtuds
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335rwd Dinan S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumithb13 View Post
They are two completely different colors but EBII blows Tanzanite away imo.
I can't tell....some angles EBII looks good, and really sporty....but then other times I see it and can't help but think that some 30 year old chick would just love it on her Honda CRV....

Gotta see it in person...and next to a Tanzanite would be nice...
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 11:46 AM   #60
okolisr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMM_OMG View Post
The 3er's color palette already has Imperial Blue, and Tanzanite is really close.
Imperial Blue would be a great color option, and a fine alternative to Tanzanite Blue, but the problem is YOU CAN'T GET IMPERIAL BLUE ON THE M-SPORT! I'm not complaining about the 3er's color palette -- it's actually fairly extensive. What's so lacking is the M-Sport's color selection.

I have nothing against Estoril Blue, but we need more alternative choices besides black, white, gray, and a fairly ugly red. At least BMW could let us special order Individual colors, and other colors like Imperial Blue, on the M-Sport without a hassle.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #61
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i Ruby Red II

Quote:
Sorry, I did not notice that additional colors such as Tanzanite Blue are only available with the M Sport package. I believe that this is the same on the UK configurator (or at least was in the past).
I think the individual colours are available across each of the Sport, Luxury, Modern and M Sport here in the UK. On the lower engine sizes the price is £1360 but on the 335i I think it's £810. Why the same amount of paint is cheaper is anyone's guess. Maybe if you've paid the extra money you deserve a couple of kick backs here and there

Quote:
Also, the M Sport option in Canada seems to only be available on the 335i xDrive.
I knew there would be a simple reason why I couldn't find it. I get easily lost on the non UK configurator
      08-06-2012, 02:40 PM   #62
Adman Mike
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d M Sport

If you like the colour

If you like the colour but can't afford a BMW...
Attached Images

08-06-2012, 03:42 PM   #63
ZMM_OMG
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
What's so lacking is the M-Sport's color selection. I have nothing against Estoril Blue, but we need more alternative choices besides black, white, gray, and a fairly ugly red. At least BMW could let us special order Individual colors, and other colors like Imperial Blue, on the M-Sport without a hassle.
Agreed. If BMW is planning to charge extra for what essentially amounts to an aesthetics package, the least they can do is provide some additional color options, both on the exterior AND interior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjberry View Post
I think the individual colours are available across each of the Sport, Luxury, Modern and M Sport here in the UK. On the lower engine sizes the price is £1360 but on the 335i I think it's £810. Why the same amount of paint is cheaper is anyone's guess. Maybe if you've paid the extra money you deserve a couple of kick backs here and there

I knew there would be a simple reason why I couldn't find it. I get easily lost on the non UK configurator
Really looking forward to seeing your car! Hope you plan to post LOTS and LOTS of pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adman Mike View Post
It even has 400M wheels! Throw on an M-Performance grill and it's practically the same car!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 10:26 PM   #64
G80_Soom
Freude am fahren
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 G80 M3 6MT IOMG/KO

Garage List
2021 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adman Mike View Post
'13 F30 Estoril Blue 335i 6MT
#savethemanuals
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 05:41 AM   #65
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

I like TB quite a lot
It looks very good on 3 series with M Sport! Maybe I prefer darker blue colors..
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 10:20 AM   #66
ZMM_OMG
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumithb13 View Post