BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

01-04-2013, 06:22 PM   #1
Ryan@IND
United_States
Rep
Drives: ACR

Haute M Makes a Visit to IND

With the goal of cleaning up the gaudy chrome, Haute M came down for a little winter cosmetic work. This particular F12 M6 is going for the aggressive and opulent Alpine with gloss black scheme.

This beast arrived at our location yesterday morning with the factory wheels refinished in gloss black and even had a little valve stem modification to ensure the black theme remained uninterrupted.

In a effort to complete the theme we installed the gloss black front grills, side grills, and trunk badge. The door handle trim was painted Alpine White as well as the front reflectors.

The next step in the process will be a Eisenmann 4 x 90mm full sport system with the double-walled tips powder coated gloss black for consistency.

Stay tuned...

01-05-2013, 06:57 AM   #2
akm
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M F87

Love it, cant wait to get my cosmetic package !
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 12:08 PM   #3
Rob@StrasseWheels
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW G80 M3 Comp

Looking good guys!

@Strasse_Robert | (786)701-3649 | Robert@StrasseWheels.com | www.StrasseWheels.com
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 03:48 PM   #4
I Bleed BMW Viscous
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 F12 soon...

Thumbs up That's Haute...

I really think the White and Black gloss goes well here. Was curious as to why not Matte theme as apposed to the gloss? It would be nice to see matte side by side.
      01-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #5
evanevery
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: iXM60, i8 Rdstr, M4, i7 M70

I was getting ready to post some pics of my ride and found that Andrew beat me to it! The guys at IND are really great to work with! A very young and energetic crowd. They did a real nice job on the car. It goes back in a couple of weeks for the exhaust.

I DID NOT choose to do do a Matte black finish as a good portion of the existing trim on the car is already gloss black. For instance, the trim around the windows comes in gloss black right from the factory. (Thank god it wasn't chrome!).

So the gloss black goes very well with a good portion of the factory trim already on the car. The trickiest part of de-chroming the car was getting the chrome strips on the door handles painted out. Not sure why BMW decided to put that chrome strip there in the first place. Not much of a styling cue in any case...

The wheels are the stock 20" "M" rims which were sent out by the dealer to be re-coated. (I really think that the alloy/silver color of the stock rims gets lost on a white car). We did a heat baked gloss black paint with clear coat. I did have to do a little masking and painting of the (silver) wheel weights once BMW got the tires remounted and balanced. The valve stems (and caps) also were reinstalled by the dealer in stock silver - so rather than trying to hand paint the stems I just slid a piece of 5/8 black shrink tubing over each and shrunk them down with a heat gun.

We are going to do the full Eisenmann sport exhaust (w/X-Pipe) and have the 90mm tips powder coated in gloss black as well...
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 12:51 PM   #6
GreenLantern
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3

Lovely. Thanks for sharing!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 01:51 PM   #7
DASF13
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

Looking good man, I think I might be going with the Matte Theme and will post pictures upon completion.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 03:42 PM   #8
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

ATTENTION BMW: y'all need 2 offer this as a factory option

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0