BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

08-02-2014, 11:03 AM   #23
raym3cs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: San Marino M3CS

i have a 2014 650i GC and i contacted BMS about their tune for the n63tu and was told to pull out the tune before going in for any type of service... for that reason alone i will be getting the Dinan D-tronics tune next week .... full warranty no headache
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 01:11 PM   #24
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastgcoupe
i have a 2014 650i GC and i contacted BMS about their tune for the n63tu and was told to pull out the tune before going in for any type of service... for that reason alone i will be getting the Dinan D-tronics tune next week .... full warranty no headache
That's really the only advantage I see with the Dinan, that and the Bluetooth. Otherwise, considering how easy it is to pull the tune before service, the BMS is a better tune at a fairer price.
Coming Soon:
2016 BMW M4 GTS De-Winged and Bagged on 22s
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 02:34 PM   #25
jeroguz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch Massacre
Quote:
That's really the only advantage I see with the Dinan, that and the Bluetooth. Otherwise, considering how easy it is to pull the tune before service, the BMS is a better tune at a fairer price.
What about the Bluetooth ?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 02:39 PM   #26
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroguz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch Massacre
Quote:
What about the Bluetooth ?
From what I've seen Dinan's box has bluetooth so you can make adjustments without having to plug into the box physically like on the BMS.
Coming Soon:
2016 BMW M4 GTS De-Winged and Bagged on 22s
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 03:07 PM   #27
wrsbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ferrari 488 Spider

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch Massacre View Post
From what I've seen Dinan's box has bluetooth so you can make adjustments without having to plug into the box physically like on the BMS.
Correct and that is how it's programmed now but I haven't seen any manual describing the interface or what might be adjustable.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 06:11 PM   #28
EuroKar
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsbmw View Post
Correct and that is how it's programmed now but I haven't seen any manual describing the interface or what might be adjustable.
If by adjustable you are in reference to how with BMS you can adjust settings ?
With Dinan you can not.
The tune is pre-set at Dinan and based on what your current performance items are installed on your vehicle, that is selected for the appropriate tune.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 06:18 PM   #29
wrsbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ferrari 488 Spider

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroKar View Post
If by adjustable you are in reference to how with BMS you can adjust settings ?
With Dinan you can not.
The tune is pre-set at Dinan and based on what your current performance items are installed on your vehicle, that is selected for the appropriate tune.
When you say which items are installed, you are talking about Dinan ones right? For example it doesn't have an option for downpipes does it? The website talks about downloading different maps but I suspect that is for the future.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 06:23 PM   #30
EuroKar
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsbmw View Post
When you say which items are installed, you are talking about Dinan ones right? For example it doesn't have an option for downpipes does it? The website talks about downloading different maps but I suspect that is for the future.
Correct. That's a future update.
Most "tuners" like Dinan, ESS, Active Autowerke, have pre made maps for intakes, exhaust, cams, supercharger, etc... and the tech programming the vehicle has to input data that will pre-select the appropriate map.
I'm pretty sure BMS is the only one that is "user friendly" to allow the driver to make their own adjustments. Maybe COBB also.
Appreciate 0