BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

08-28-2015, 09:59 AM   #1
Bored of Audi
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 40D Msport+ in Blue

Help / Advice on 6GC series options

Hello,

I currently have a F30 330d m sport and am going to finalise my deal on a 640d m-sport.

I love my extras and had virtually everything on the F30 available and now face a dilemma and need advice.

1. Colour

I just can;t make my mind up on hte external colour, I saw a carbon black today in full sun and it was blue... I thought I would love tanzanite but I saw it in the dark and it looked purple... I currently have EBII which I love but can't make my mind up what looks the best on this car ?

2. Interior colour

Same dilemma on the internals, I have always had black but need a change but not to keen on the light cream... I sort of like the brown and think that black externally would love very contemporary with cinnamon brown internally.

3. Extras

There are a couple of extras I am not sure on or should I say my dealer has cast doubt on...

Variable damper control, I have adaptive on my F30 and it is great, I tried it on a 640d and I found it good. However the dealer says he would not bother in a 6 as it is not necessary as the M sport suspension is good... However I have not tried a M-sport suspension on a 6 as it was adaptive.

So is this necessary for the 6 or is it s waste ?

Any help or guidance would be good...

David

MY2019 X3 40D M-sport with all the toys. Also a Mini CS for the wife and me to play in at the weekends
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2015, 04:14 PM   #2
SpokenHands
Certified Car Nut
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AMG GTC + RR Velar + 640d GC

Garage List
This might help

Several threads here advising on recommendations.
A lot down to personal taste but this thread should help

http://www.6post.com/forums/showthre...ht=Spokenhands

Scroll down to my suggestions based on several extended test drives before purchase and close to two years exhilarating ownership.

Current: 2018 Range Rover Velar First Edition D300 HSE + 2018 AMG GT-C Coupe + 2013 6 Series BMW GranCoupe (October)
Retired: 2016 AMG-GTS Coupe, 2013 & 2012 Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale,2016 3-Series Touring, 2009 5 Series GT, 2007 BMW M5, 2012 & 2006 BMW 1 Series
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2015, 04:38 PM   #3
BMWLad
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 F06 640d

I've got a moonstone silver with cinnamon Nappa interior. Personally I think it really works and is a welcome relief to black with black with black.

As for extras for me sunroof was a must as it lightens up the whole interior. Reverse camera is worth its weight in gold as the rear screen is no taller than a post box. 20's although far to easy to curb make it look like it should. I also wanted the comfort seats which if your slim adjust inwards a little to increase their support unlike the standard seat which offers no bolster adjustment. I'd have liked high beam assist and soft close doors for some reason the doors need a good firm hand on mine to close more so than on my old 3 coupe.
Appreciate 0