BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

03-05-2015, 08:02 PM   #1
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
As I wait for my 2016 M6 GC to begin production (2 more weeks!) the window of being able to change the the exterior is available - and Im starting to second guess myself.

My coupe is frozen silverstone- and I'm VERY happy with it (it gives me 3/4 different tones depending on the weather/lighting) but I'm going blindly into this one and opted for frozen space gray without ever seeing one in person.

Which would you do?!

***edit**** 5/11/15- my oh my, how two months can change an order. Lol
      03-05-2015, 09:08 PM   #2
GladiatorOwner
Captain
Rep
Drives: 22 M4C

I had a '13 Frozen Black M5. Loved it. I think frozen silver is the best though. Blues, reds and whites seem ok but lack the wow factor and would worry about it getting "old" fast.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 10:08 PM   #3
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GladiatorOwner
I had a '13 Frozen Black M5. Loved it. I think frozen silver is the best though. Blues, reds and whites seem ok but lack the wow factor and would worry about it getting "old" fast.
So between silver and gray, you'd stick with silver?

Frozen black definitely looks super aggressive. I can always tell when a cars wrapped, and it looks so tacky to me. That's why I'm trying to get this one right! And if it means get silverstone again, then so be it!
      03-06-2015, 01:09 AM   #4
adamg13
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Coupe

I've always liked Frozen Brilliant White or Frozen Mineral White because of their high metallic content, but I think FBW is going to be a recommended individual color on the 640/650's so there may end up being a couple of others in LA.

Here's one that I don't think has been done before: Frozen Milano Beige

Haha, I know - it's definitely not for everyone. Here's the room temperature version:

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2015, 01:14 AM   #5
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamg13
I've always liked Frozen Brilliant White or Frozen Mineral White because of their high metallic content, but I think FBW is going to be a recommended individual color on the 640/650's so there may end up being a couple of others in LA.

Here's one that I don't think has been done before: Frozen Milano Beige

Haha, I know - it's definitely not for everyone. Here's the room temperature version:

FBW is actually a standard color now- but it does look very nice. I was thinking of a balloon white, but meh. White exterior on white interior would be blinding hahah.

Now that's a brave color. It sort of reminds me the inside of a twix bar....aaaaand now I'm hungry
      03-06-2015, 03:51 AM   #6
N.S.A
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 Blue Sapphire Metallic

Frozen space grey looks amazing. But frozen silver is not bad. Frozen cashmere silver is not bad either j seen them in person. Unfortunately I have not seen frozen blue on a m5 or m6 I want to. But pictures it looks great. I might make a move on a M6 GC frozen black.
-2014 BMW ///M5 Black Sapphire Metallic with Full Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust SOLD
-2013 BMW ///M3 Limerock Park Edition SOLD
Appreciate 1
      03-06-2015, 03:55 AM   #7
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.S.A
Frozen space grey looks amazing. But frozen silver is not bad. Frozen cashmere silver is not bad either j seen them in person. Unfortunately I have not seen frozen blue on a m5 or m6 I want to. But pictures it looks great. I might make a move on a M6 GC frozen black.
So you've seen frozen space gray in person?? Ugh man I've only seen those "3m gray" matte wraps, but everyone tells me they're nothing like the actual factory paint. Is it really dark? Here's a shot of my coupe in frozen silverstone for reference as to what I have now
Attached Images

03-06-2015, 04:10 AM   #8
N.S.A
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 Blue Sapphire Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSugarSkulls
Quote:
So you've seen frozen space gray in person?? Ugh man I've only seen those "3m gray" matte wraps, but everyone tells me they're nothing like the actual factory paint. Is it really dark? Here's a shot of my coupe in frozen silverstone for reference as to what I have now
I know what you mean. I am not a huge fan of wraps man. It looks identical to the E63 AMG you seen that Frozen gray. I think your Frozen silver looks great under the shadow. Vs a frozen grey would look to dark, but it depends what you like too. But I think either way you would really like frozen grey or your current color frozen silver. Go to BMW Encinitas website. They have a cashmere silver frozen M6 GC for sale just in case you want to see pics of that sir.
-2014 BMW ///M5 Black Sapphire Metallic with Full Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust SOLD
-2013 BMW ///M3 Limerock Park Edition SOLD
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2015, 04:30 AM   #9
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSugarSkulls
Quote:
I know what you mean. I am not a huge fan of wraps man. It looks identical to the E63 AMG you seen that Frozen gray. I think your Frozen silver looks great under the shadow. Vs a frozen grey would look to dark, but it depends what you like too. But I think either way you would really like frozen grey or your current color frozen silver. Go to BMW Encinitas website. They have a cashmere silver frozen M6 GC for sale just in case you want to see pics of that sir.
That cashmere silver is a very beautiful silver, but are my eyes playing tricks on me- Does it give you a very light beige tone? I found this post from an earlier thread on this site on space gray. Looks AWESOME. Oh- and don't call me sir! Lol I'm 26 my friend! still trying to hold on to as much of my youth as I can
Attached Images

03-06-2015, 07:34 AM   #10
GladiatorOwner
Captain
Rep
Drives: 22 M4C

Any grey/silver frozen looks the best and should have the easiest care. The cashmere might be somewhat femme, to me anyway. You don't want it to be "pretty", it needs to be bad ass!

Frozen black was awesome. I kept it clean and was very careful washing it. However, I found it worrisome because I still could see scratches that I couldn't mask so it went bye bye. But I live in the northeast, maybe a climate like Florida or CA would be easier on the paint??
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2015, 10:34 AM   #11
C5driver
Major
Rep
Drives: 55...just kidding.

I'm not sure what this one is, but it was in the BMW display (paddock) at Laguna Seca during the 2014 Historics. The picture doesn't do it justice. I was blown away.

ETA: Found it. This was prior to the media event at Pebble.

BMW Media Preview of Three Key Vehicles Prior to Public Unveilings During Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion and Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance

11.08.2014Contained media data:

30th Anniversary BMW M5 – prior to its appearances at Legends of the Autobahn on Friday and the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion on Saturday and Sunday.

Thursday, August 14 5:00pm - BMW Villa – Pebble Beach
30th Anniversary Edition BMW M5

The BMW M5 “30 Jahre M5” will be produced in a limited run of 300 examples worldwide, and 30 of them will be imported to the United States. With an output of 600hp and 516 lb-ft of torque, it will not only be the most powerful M5 ever sold but also the most powerful BMW production model ever.

Featuring a Frozen Dark Silver Metallic exterior, part of the BMW Individual palette of hues, the 30th Anniversary Edition BMW M5 is also identified with Black Chrome “30 Jahre M5” (German for 30 years of the M5) badges, appearing on the kidney grill surrounds, the front fenders, door handles and twin dual exhaust pipes. The exterior of the 30th Anniversary Edition M5 is further complemented by 20 inch, bi-color M light-alloy wheels.

“30 Jahre M5” badges are also featured in the interior, with a 1/300 identification number integrated into the Aluminum Trace trim strip on the front passenger side of the cockpit.

A black Alcantara/Leather combination graces the M multifunctional seats which also include embroidered “30 Jahre M5” badges. The center console and the door panels are also covered in black Alcantara, while the headliner features Alcantara Anthracite.

Last edited by C5driver; 03-06-2015 at 11:33 AM..
Appreciate 1
      03-06-2015, 10:53 AM   #12
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by C5driver
I'm not sure what this one is, but it was in the BMW display booth at Laguna Seca (2014 Historics). The picture doesn't do it justice. I was blown away...

Oh you're preaching to the choir here. The frozen colors- at least the ones I've seen in person, no picture could ever justify how nice it really is in person.

Did you by any chance get a side shot? Based off that one/how the sun hits the drivers side , I'd say it's space gray
      03-06-2015, 11:05 AM   #13
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by C5driver
I'm not sure what this one is, but it was in the BMW display booth at Laguna Seca (2014 Historics). The picture doesn't do it justice. I was blown away...

Found her . Definitely space gray, I'm feeling much, MUCH better about it. I was concerned that in shadow it would look too dark, apparently I have nothing to worry about
Attached Images

03-06-2015, 11:08 AM   #14
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Frozen Cashmere is awesome. I'd like to see a frozen moonstone. Something tells me it would look amazing. Also wonder what frozen Singapore grey would look like.
Coming Soon:
2016 BMW M4 GTS De-Winged and Bagged on 22s
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2015, 06:32 PM   #15
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch Massacre
Frozen Cashmere is awesome. I'd like to see a frozen moonstone. Something tells me it would look amazing. Also wonder what frozen Singapore grey would look like.
Cashmere silver is a really nice tone..but when my gf says "omg that's so cute" I know I need to stay away lol.

A dealer out here in mX city had a frozen space gray 6 series on the lot, and I just came from seeing it. Absolutely sold on the color.

Frozen singapore gray would be a first...I like the metallic aspect of it. I don't know how the frozen tone would look? I have a feeling it'd have a greenish tint? Idk
      03-09-2015, 12:18 PM   #16
savela
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5M

I love SG - my color of choice. On my M6 though, that color doesn't highlight the beautiful carbon roof as much as I would like. I would go w/ matte white or SO.
2011 550i (traded)
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 01:24 PM   #17
RM666
Rep
Drives: M6

Frozen Black.

Although Frozen Grey (or is it silver) looks great too.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 02:05 PM   #18
speedracerlo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 Gran Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSugarSkulls View Post
Oh nice is that the M6 you left in Mexico City? I was considering frozen SS, but I already got my front and rear bumpers resprayed and it's only been three months since having my car. I'm looking to find a wrap that's as close to OEM frozen SS.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 09:44 PM   #19
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracerlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSugarSkulls View Post
Oh nice is that the M6 you left in Mexico City? I was considering frozen SS, but I already got my front and rear bumpers resprayed and it's only been three months since having my car. I'm looking to find a wrap that's as close to OEM frozen SS.
I'm honestly considering getting another frozen SS again. I passed by the dealer and the frozen space gray looks wayyyy too dark in the night time It hides the accents. Luckily/unluckily- I still have about a month before I go into production

The frozen SS looks so good at all times. Enjoy the many faces of it (pictures show day, evening and gloom)
Attached Images

03-11-2015, 09:54 PM   #20
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy666
Frozen Black.

Although Frozen Grey (or is it silver) looks great too.
Hahah frozen black would look really good, and the white interior would definitely pop. I'm trying to talk myself into it, but it helps seeing it in person which I haven't. I'm pretty sure I'm going with silver or grey. I'll just leave it as a surprise and when she gets here in June/July- you all will see which I went with
      03-23-2015, 12:21 AM   #21
DGod
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 E60, BMW 1M E82

Hi there.
I have to warn you that Frozen Grey is not the same color as the one used on the M5 30 Jahre. The M5 30 Jahre is Frozen Dark Silver, which is slightly lighter than Frozen Grey.
I've had Frozen Grey on my M5 and it is definitely my favorite frozen color along with Frozen Dark Silver.
Personally I'm not a fan of Frozen Silver due to the blue hue.
Anyway, just wanted to give you the heads up regarding the difference between Frozen Dark Silver and Frozen Grey.
Regards!
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2015, 12:25 AM   #22
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGod
Hi there.
I have to warn you that Frozen Grey is not the same color as the one used on the M5 30 Jahre. The M5 30 Jahre is Frozen Dark Silver, which is slightly lighter than Frozen Grey.
I've had Frozen Grey on my M5 and it is definitely my favorite frozen color along with Frozen Dark Silver.
Personally I'm not a fan of Frozen Silver due to the blue hue.
Anyway, just wanted to give you the heads up regarding the difference between Frozen Dark Silver and Frozen Grey.
Regards!
Thanks man! I really appreciate the feedback and time you took to explain the differences.

I ultimately ended up choosing frozen black though. I went to a local dealer and compared both my current frozen silver m6 (you're 100% right about the blue hue, bothers me too) and their frozen black m6 GC.

I knew instantly I was going with the black. It'll really make the interior pop(white Opal leather) even more so!