BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      05-18-2014, 11:23 PM   #1
Entrez
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 & 2015 M6 Gran Coupe

Window Tint

Does anyone have photos of their M6 gran coupe in the 35% window tint range. Please provide details on tint type if possible. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 01:12 PM   #2
mr-karim
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F13 M6 (Fully Modded)

Hunter got a 35% tint on his coupe... I got 20%, thinking about going 15% all around.

"The best things in life are free. The second best are very expensive." - Coco Chanel.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2014, 10:01 AM   #3
Entrez
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 & 2015 M6 Gran Coupe

Thanks ... got my 2015 GC CP this week and am leaning towards Photosync tint. Anyone use this? It has a bluish shade to it, but my car is moonstone, so it could work together.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2014, 10:37 AM   #4
BMWOO7
BMW CCA #505303
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5M / 2013 SVT Raptor

I have a quick question for anyone that has a convertible and has it tinted. Do you know how they did the rear window?

Reason I ask, is you'd think that a convertible would be super easy to tint as the top comes down and you could tint all windows like that, with the exception of the REAR window.

When the top is down, the rear window only comes back up 3/4 of the way and will only go up all the way when the top is fully back up.

Any secrets to getting the rear window up all the way with the top down or do you just have to have it tinted with the top up?

Part of the reason I'm asking this, is normally when you tint windows you have some 'room' on the sides to maneuver the tint around, but when the top is up, the rear window is surrounded on 2 sides which makes it tough to do.

Thanks for any insight!
      05-25-2014, 01:16 PM   #5
m34SPD
Picture me rollin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: e36 m3, e39 m5, f80 m3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrez View Post
Thanks ... got my 2015 GC CP this week and am leaning towards Photosync tint. Anyone use this? It has a bluish shade to it, but my car is moonstone, so it could work together.
I am getting this film. It gets darker when the sun is out, and rejects the most amount of heat. Thinking of getting 65%.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2014, 01:59 PM   #6
heykev
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWOO7 View Post

I have a quick question for anyone that has a convertible and has it tinted. Do you know how they did the rear window?

Reason I ask, is you'd think that a convertible would be super easy to tint as the top comes down and you could tint all windows like that, with the exception of the REAR window.

When the top is down, the rear window only comes back up 3/4 of the way and will only go up all the way when the top is fully back up.

Any secrets to getting the rear window up all the way with the top down or do you just have to have it tinted with the top up?

Part of the reason I'm asking this, is normally when you tint windows you have some 'room' on the sides to maneuver the tint around, but when the top is up, the rear window is surrounded on 2 sides which makes it tough to do.

Thanks for any insight!
I just had mine done and the place I went to, did a great job. He didn't seem to have a problem with the rear window. I was there, but didn't see how he did it. I just assumed that he knew what he was doing since he's been in business for 23 years and his place has gotten excellent reviews on Yelp.

Good luck to you...
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2014, 10:20 AM   #7
RiverRunner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Gran Coupe

Garage List
If you're thinking of also doing your windshield, I got Crystalline 90 on the front windshield, only notice less glare and a big reduction in heat from direct sunlight. Didn't change the HUD view either.
2019 Porsche 911 Turbo 991.2
Appreciate 0