2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 C2, GTI, Z4 3.0si Racecar

Motorsport Network launches second Global Fan Survey about Formula 1

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
https://f1survey.motorsport.com

If you're a fan, please fill out the survey!

There's an open ended question at the end of the survey. Here's what I wrote:
F1 is getting a little lost in the technology and the sport is suffering for it. Outright speed and lap times sound good on paper, but they don't really translate into a better show. You can't "see a faster lap" on television. What fans can see is close racing. Watching one team have its two drivers battle for a win is boring. Watching several different teams and drivers battle for a win with multiple lead changes per lap is exciting. The aero efficiency of the cars does not lead to good racing. When a driver has a faster car than the one in front of it and cannot pass because the aero affect will ruin his tires if he gets too close is ridiculous. What F1 needs to do is simplify the aero package so it allows cars to run close to each other without being affected. Mechanical grip and less aero with "slower" cars would be much more entertaining. No one wants to watch one car drive off into the distance and hope that another team can "pass" them in the pits. It's a shame that that is an exciting part of F1 racing. We need more passing on the track and more teams to be competitive. How is F1 to attract new teams if there are only two or three teams that are competing for the win?
Appreciate 0