BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

01-20-2017, 03:48 AM   #89
Scottiedog
Captain
Rep
Drives: 435d GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325_bucks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottiedog View Post
Yes Southampton but I'm getting the car from Marshall Salisbury. I see you've got soft close doors which are an utter indulgence but so cool in my opinion. Mine is April 14 too but I see you've got the touch control for i drive. Wonder if the ceramic option has anything to do with why I haven't?
Strange that, the original car I bought before cancelling was a Dec 2013 and had non touch. I thought from 2014 on all of them had touch?

The soft close is definitely an indulgence and makes you even more lazy but they do look cool. I saw it on a car I test drove and it was awesome!

I asked where you were picking yours up as I am getting mine from Eastbourne and Southampton is not a million miles away so thought there was a chance we could have had a meet!
Haha yeah that could of been funny. Good luck with the hand over and enjoy your drive back.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2017, 04:13 AM   #90
325_bucks
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottiedog View Post
Haha yeah that could of been funny. Good luck with the hand over and enjoy your drive back.
And you!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2017, 01:09 PM   #91
AceCobra1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: RX8, Alfa Romeo GTV, 640d GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taheemr View Post
all of those things are standard on the GC, bar camera and upgrade sound unless you buy a later car that has HK as standard, i would also insist on pan roof and 20" alloys, also sun protection and comfort seats i would also avoid that terrible standard metal trim.

Other than that you won't regret it, i certainly miss my one, i think it was better daily drive than my current m6.

Also I wouldn't touch a none BMW AUC, for the warranty alone, theres loads out there due to the low rate finance and lease cars that has caused oversupply. My advice is be picky.

oh yes many have service pack too
What did you mean by "I wouldn't touch a none BMW AUC"? I bought mine from the previous owner who had a AUC warranty from BMW and BMW has allowed me to renew that warranty which I guess would be an extended warranty ? From my understanding, if there is a "lapse in warranty period", then the BMW will not allow the warranty to be "just added" onto the car right ?

I think the sunroof is cool - but I hardly use it as I am in Scotland Mostly use it to look at the rain! I think for me the ride on the 20" alloys are pretty bad. In hindsight, I would have probably gone for the 19" although the 20" does look pretty "aggressive" as my mate would say

How is the m6 ? What is the ride like compared to the 640d ?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2017, 01:24 PM   #92
AceCobra1
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325_bucks View Post
I think it was lucky. Could be BS but the dealer told me they made a mistake on the pricing, on the website now (I presume they haven't updated it yet) they've put the price up to 28.5. No wiggle room in that 27.5 though as paying cash, but he said the dealer manager would be calling me to offer me finance tomorrow that I will have to sit through!
Wow, that is an amazing price especially with M Sport and such a low milage. Good bargain huting
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2017, 02:28 PM   #93
325_bucks
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceCobra1 View Post
Wow, that is an amazing price especially with M Sport and such a low milage. Good bargain huting
got it for £27k in the end!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2017, 03:59 PM   #94
Taheemr
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceCobra1 View Post
What did you mean by "I wouldn't touch a none BMW AUC"? I bought mine from the previous owner who had a AUC warranty from BMW and BMW has allowed me to renew that warranty which I guess would be an extended warranty ? From my understanding, if there is a "lapse in warranty period", then the BMW will not allow the warranty to be "just added" onto the car right ?

I think the sunroof is cool - but I hardly use it as I am in Scotland Mostly use it to look at the rain! I think for me the ride on the 20" alloys are pretty bad. In hindsight, I would have probably gone for the 19" although the 20" does look pretty "aggressive" as my mate would say

How is the m6 ? What is the ride like compared to the 640d ?

In actual fact the Auc warranty is not the same as the extended one, it sort of sits between the factory and extended one. These are complex cars and for me buying an auc is the better option. I had loads of stuff on my 640d replaced, things like the steering wheel, door cards, centre arm rest flaps etc, the car had only done 30k miles but in my view they were worn excessively, had no issues with Sytner doing the work.

The M6 is nice, but i thInk the 640d is much more useable in the real world, the only reason I changed was due to to the blinding deals on the m6, with monthlies not much mote than the 640d.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2017, 04:30 PM   #95
AceCobra1
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
In actual fact the Auc warranty is not the same as the extended one, it sort of sits between the factory and extended one. These are complex cars and for me buying an auc is the better option. I had loads of stuff on my 640d replaced, things like the steering wheel, door cards, centre arm rest flaps etc, the car had only done 30k miles but in my view they were worn excessively, had no issues with Sytner doing the work.

The M6 is nice, but i thInk the 640d is much more useable in the real world, the only reason I changed was due to to the blinding deals on the m6, with monthlies not much mote than the 640d.
What is the running cost like? I mean are services more expensive etc.? I know parts would be. Had the all brake pads on the 640d done about a year ago I can't remember how much it was - like £400 or something. I can't imagine the M6 to be less than £700 - Was watching SOL video of him with his R8 and he said that the front brakes and pads alone was £1500

How much did you get your m6 for and how is the 640d more usable? I mean is it more comfortable or something ?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2017, 04:25 AM   #96
Taheemr
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

I dont do many miles so running costs are comparable, MPG is not bad compared to the old V10, about 15 around town and 25-30 on a run at good speeds. Service wise i purchased the service pack at £1000, expensive yes, but pays for it self quote quickly. Road tax at £500 is another issue but cant dwell on this it is what it is, insurance the same as my old 640D.

All 6s inc M6 were and are overpriced compared to the competition hence the massive depreciation, typical discounts ranging from 20-30% and low rate finance make it cheeper to buy a new one on finance if thats you thing.

Use-ability wise i think the gearbox on the M6 is still not great around town, give me an auto in the m6 anyway.

Believe it of not my main issue was is some shite breaking into the house to nick the thing, if you've ever had this happen to you, you'll know what i mean, my old e63 was stolen after a break in a few years back an it plays on your mind for a long time to the point that you accept its a case of not if but when its happens because it will.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2017, 03:34 PM   #97
AceCobra1
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I dont do many miles so running costs are comparable, MPG is not bad compared to the old V10, about 15 around town and 25-30 on a run at good speeds. Service wise i purchased the service pack at £1000, expensive yes, but pays for it self quote quickly. Road tax at £500 is another issue but cant dwell on this it is what it is, insurance the same as my old 640D.

All 6s inc M6 were and are overpriced compared to the competition hence the massive depreciation, typical discounts ranging from 20-30% and low rate finance make it cheeper to buy a new one on finance if thats you thing.

Use-ability wise i think the gearbox on the M6 is still not great around town, give me an auto in the m6 anyway.

Believe it of not my main issue was is some shite breaking into the house to nick the thing, if you've ever had this happen to you, you'll know what i mean, my old e63 was stolen after a break in a few years back an it plays on your mind for a long time to the point that you accept its a case of not if but when its happens because it will.
Thats pretty bad - I would have thought luxury cars are not nicked much as they are too easy to idenfity.

I assume you bought the car new since you managed to add a service pack with it?

Have you spent anything yet in terms of wear and tear such as brakes etc.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2017, 02:34 AM   #98
Taheemr
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

recently there was a gang of 14-16yr olds caught in the midlands for several house break ins and car jacks, they were quite brazen operating at all times of the day almost taunting the police, they got caught just before xmas. They seemed to be targeting RS Golfs, Audis and A class mercs.

Believe it of not the main takers for high and cars are middle eastern countries.

Yes service pack was purchased with the new car, wear and tear nothing yet.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2017, 12:27 PM   #99
AceCobra1
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
recently there was a gang of 14-16yr olds caught in the midlands for several house break ins and car jacks, they were quite brazen operating at all times of the day almost taunting the police, they got caught just before xmas. They seemed to be targeting RS Golfs, Audis and A class mercs.

Believe it of not the main takers for high and cars are middle eastern countries.

Yes service pack was purchased with the new car, wear and tear nothing yet.
So what can the police do - if it was Texas, no doubt the penalties would be severe
Appreciate 0