BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      06-02-2016, 02:44 PM   #1
6coupe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

CIC Video from iPhone4 Snap In?

As I use Amazon Music for my in-car music, currently via an iPhone6 and USB cable, which means plugging in when I get in the car, I was considering putting a permanent iPod / iPhone in the car so the music is always ready when I get in. At the same time, I wouldn't mind the ability to play videos on the CIC system (2011 F13) when occasionally sat parked etc. so was considering an iPhone 4 just for the car, using the snap in adapter.

Has anyone got 1st hand knowledge of the iPhone 4 (30pin connector) with the Snap In mount on the CIC system? Buying a brand new adapter is £120ish, plus I need to source a 64Gb iPhone 4, so would like to confirm this is a viable music / video solution before committing.

Regarding video from the iPhone, can you play videos loaded into VLC (which is more video format friendly) or is it only possible to play videos via iTunes?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2016, 11:47 AM   #2
wazza001
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 640d

I'm new to forum, had my 2012 F13 a few months, its CIC not NBT and was thinking the same about getting iPhone 4 in snap in adapter for this purpose whilst having my iPhone 6 connected via USB as well.

So interested in responses as well
Appreciate 0