BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

02-23-2024, 06:12 AM   #1
Big G 1979
Rep
Drives: BMW 640d

Front lower control arm

Hey guys I'm chasing my tail somewhat, I've recently bought a F13 640d and it wanders/pulls to the right under acceleration, if I lift power off it tracks back to straight. I've noticed this movement in the banana arm in the right front - can anyone tell me if this amount of play is normal?
Also if I do replace with new arm do I need to use new bolt and nut on the bush end of arm? video of arm movement
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2024, 12:28 AM   #2
rorz12
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 650i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big G 1979 View Post
Hey guys I'm chasing my tail somewhat, I've recently bought a F13 640d and it wanders/pulls to the right under acceleration, if I lift power off it tracks back to straight. I've noticed this movement in the banana arm in the right front - can anyone tell me if this amount of play is normal?
Also if I do replace with new arm do I need to use new bolt and nut on the bush end of arm? video of arm movement
The bushing in that arm is designed to move with the steering so it has gaps in it. The play looks normal to me. Have you checked your wheel alignment?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2024, 03:56 AM   #3
Big G 1979
Rep
Drives: BMW 640d

[QUOTE=rorz12;30930566]The bushing in that arm is designed to move with the steering so it has gaps in it. The play looks normal to me. Have you checked your wheel alignment?

Thanks for the reply, yes I've had the 4 wheel alignment done and it was out of spec but now everything is to the tolerances. I'm just thinking it has to be something rubber as it only veers on acceleration if it were a bent arm etc it would pull consistently. I did notice this whilst driving that the drivers wheel is warmer than the others which one would assume additional drag cause friction/heat. That's why I'm think this arm is gone as the wheel doesn't move side the side or up and down when it's jacked up.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0