BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

05-28-2014, 05:37 PM   #1
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2o13 m6 f13

Bimmian Service Sucks - You Have Been Warned

It's always interesting after you have a problem with a company.... You wind up Googleing the company's name and you find numerous posts about other people's nightmares dealing with the company. I guess I should start researching the company BEFORE I buy something from them.

Let's talk about Bimmian. I ordered a set of of AutoCarbon Carbon Fiber mirror covers for my 2013 M6 F12. I took the covers to my local BMW dealership to be installed. The dealership called me and said "Brian we have a problem" and they texted me a couple pictures of the fitment (pics below). I told them to just put the original covers back on and I would handle it with Bimmian.

So I contacted Bimmian back on 5/16/14 and it has been everything from not getting back to me, giving me the run around, to telling me how the mirrors should be installed (it's not rocket science folks). One of the suggestions/questions was "did you take the old covers off first". I am not sure how in the world you would attempt to install new covers with the old covers STILL IN PLACE but I guess they found the need to tell me (or ask me) that lovely tidbit of information.

Anyhow, it's now 5/28/14 (yes the run around has been going on for 12 days) and I finally got fed up with their nonsense. I bluntly told them I wanted to return the mirror covers and I do not want to 'troubleshoot' the issue further to which they replied "... the refund will be subject to a 20% restocking fee."

I am not sure why I should pay a restocking fee for a part that is defective and will not fit my vehicle -- I even sent them pictures of the fitment. I have contacted my bank and will let them handle Bimmian from this point forward.

Message Here Folks: Bimmian customer service sucks. You have been warned.

Pictures of Fitment:

/// 2o13 m6 f13 . jb4 tuned . meth injected . msr intake . 21" adv1 wheels . eisenmann race w/ catless DPs . vorsteiner full aero . accuair e-level w/ bagged KW V3 struts . dinan sways . bel stir+ w/ alp jammer . jl audio subs
/// 2o13 x5m e70 . velos tuned . 22" adv1 wheels . dropped on kw variant3 coilovers . passport 9500ci radar & jammer. gets groceries fast

Last edited by bigbrian; 05-28-2014 at 09:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 06:30 PM   #2
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
That is terrible. Absolutely unacceptable. I would recommend using IND Distribution from now on. Their customer service is outstanding.
Coming Soon:
2016 BMW M4 GTS De-Winged and Bagged on 22s
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 10:57 AM   #3
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2o13 m6 f13

Bimmian decided to accept the return and NOT charge me the restocking fee. This was after I called my bank and informed Bimmian of the chargeback. I will never purchase anything from them again.

@Twitch - Yes, I will be doing business with IND moving forward. From what I hear their carbon parts are of quality.

Brian
/// 2o13 m6 f13 . jb4 tuned . meth injected . msr intake . 21" adv1 wheels . eisenmann race w/ catless DPs . vorsteiner full aero . accuair e-level w/ bagged KW V3 struts . dinan sways . bel stir+ w/ alp jammer . jl audio subs
/// 2o13 x5m e70 . velos tuned . 22" adv1 wheels . dropped on kw variant3 coilovers . passport 9500ci radar & jammer. gets groceries fast
Appreciate 0