BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      07-18-2015, 06:41 PM   #1
650iGC
Rep
Drives: 2015 650i Gran Coupe xDrive

Vibration - 2015 650iX Gran Coupe

I have a new 2015 650iXGC. I can feel road vibrations in the steering and seat

All new wheels and tires....Road Force balanced with under 5lbs on all 4
New rotors and pads. I took run flats off and put on non run flat tires. Rims are BMWs...

Dealer said, there is just a lot of feel in steering...I think something is wrong as I just don't think I should have as much road feel vibration in car. It is noticeable and annoying.

My Panamera, AMG or M5 never had this level of road communication. I'm not talking about a hard suspension from bumps etc...this is different....is like a constant vibration. It is so bad the passenger seat belt keeps hitting center consol.

Do others experience this as well?
Attached Images

Last edited by 650iGC; 07-18-2015 at 07:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2015, 03:35 AM   #2
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe`

Are you running spacers? Are the rotors and pads OEM? Who installed them? Were the lugs on the wheels torqued to 85-95ft lbs? I ask all these questions because usually when you go with something aftermarket and you have an issue the best way to figure it out is to go back to stock and see if the same issues occur, then it may be suspension related, for now most likely it has something to do with the wheels/tires/brakes.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2015, 07:51 AM   #3
aahmichael
Rep
Drives: 2015 650ix GC

This may sound like a stupid reply, but are you sure you're driving in the middle of the lane? The steering wheel is designed to vibrate when you drift over to the lines.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2015, 04:44 PM   #4
650iGC
Rep
Drives: 2015 650i Gran Coupe xDrive

Both great questions...very familiar with lane departure...not the issue

As it applies to the wheels...they are BMW made rims, not aftermarket. I ordered from dealer, dealer installed with OeM lugs.

No spacers. I never use spacers. Spacers are the worst thing you can do to your car. Never use them...my dealer nor best tire shops in area will touch them.

Rotors and pads OEM installed by dealer.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 12:43 PM   #5
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe`

Sounds like you're going to have to take her into the dealer that did the work and have them drive the car, and find/fix the issue. Something they did there with the brakes, maybe balancing, or something caused the issue because bone stock out of the gate the car did not drive like it does now. I hope they figure it out quick and fix it for you!
Appreciate 0