BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      03-02-2015, 07:16 PM   #1
mhaghighi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 Competition package

Head rest

Ok I know this is a random issue but I don't see why it bothers me. So my comfort seats in the x5 are best seats I ever been in and the head rest tilts and is right there on the back of my head without even tilting my head one bit. Feels tight and safe. But the M6 head rest no mater how I position the seat, back bolster, head rest height and the manual button to move it forward it still sits it seems too far back from back of my head. Anyone else feels the same?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 05:58 PM   #2
C5driver
Major
Rep
Drives: 55...just kidding.

Have you checked with your dealer to see if there's any further adjustability you may have missed?

Maybe a chiropractic visit is in your future?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 09:35 PM   #3
savela
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaghighi View Post
Ok I know this is a random issue but I don't see why it bothers me. So my comfort seats in the x5 are best seats I ever been in and the head rest tilts and is right there on the back of my head without even tilting my head one bit. Feels tight and safe. But the M6 head rest no mater how I position the seat, back bolster, head rest height and the manual button to move it forward it still sits it seems too far back from back of my head. Anyone else feels the same?
Remember, you have a toggle to adjust the top of the seat. I found this actually brings the headrest along with it and fits as you describe.

so 3 adjustments - one on the headrest itself, one electric for headrest up/down and then the seat adjust that bends the top of the seat forward.

hope this helps.
2011 550i (traded)
Appreciate 0