BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

02-18-2015, 03:53 PM   #1
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2o13 m6 f13

AMS Tune Available in 2 Weeks

I talked to AMS on the phone today about their tune and when it will be available. The guy took my name down and said he would contact me when they are ready to take orders and mentioned it would be 1-2 weeks.

I asked him more about the tune and they do remove the casing of the ECU to gain access to several pins on the board. They do not solder or physically alter anything on the board. They actually re-flash the ECU software (which is a good thing).

I asked where they were in terms of a tune for the bigger turbos and he couldn't give me a date but said it would be at least 3 months before that happens. He didn't know if there would be a discount for customers that purchased the initial (non-turbo upgrade) tune if they wanted to upgrade to the upgraded turbo tune.

Just keeping ya'll in the loop on it!

Brian
/// 2o13 m6 f13 . jb4 tuned . meth injected . msr intake . 21" adv1 wheels . eisenmann race w/ catless DPs . vorsteiner full aero . accuair e-level w/ bagged KW V3 struts . dinan sways . bel stir+ w/ alp jammer . jl audio subs
/// 2o13 x5m e70 . velos tuned . 22" adv1 wheels . dropped on kw variant3 coilovers . passport 9500ci radar & jammer. gets groceries fast
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 07:22 PM   #2
Roadrage
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

Thanks Brian I am in line as well,lol...
      02-18-2015, 07:37 PM   #3
Sharif507
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 F13 2014

so they won't need to drill the ecu to rewrite it???
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 07:47 PM   #4
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif507 View Post
so they won't need to drill the ecu to rewrite it???
I have not looked at the casing but I suppose a drill might be used if there are rivets holding the casing together. I do know they will need to take the casing apart to get access to the pins on the ECU board. I am a bit relieved they are not physically modifying the board (soldering, adding another board/chip, etc).

However they open the casing is unknown to me at this point. Maybe a sledgehammer, sawzall, cutting torch, cutting wheel, (kidding kidding kidding).

Brian
/// 2o13 m6 f13 . jb4 tuned . meth injected . msr intake . 21" adv1 wheels . eisenmann race w/ catless DPs . vorsteiner full aero . accuair e-level w/ bagged KW V3 struts . dinan sways . bel stir+ w/ alp jammer . jl audio subs
/// 2o13 x5m e70 . velos tuned . 22" adv1 wheels . dropped on kw variant3 coilovers . passport 9500ci radar & jammer. gets groceries fast
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 08:48 PM   #5
adamg13
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Coupe

If you end up wanting to sell the BMS module afterwards, give me a holler. They don't ship to CA anymore and I haven't felt like going through the hassle of having it forwarded from elsewhere.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 08:52 PM   #6
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamg13 View Post
If you end up wanting to sell the BMS module afterwards, give me a holler. They don't ship to CA anymore and I haven't felt like going through the hassle of having it forwarded from elsewhere.
I will be selling it so if you want it I will sell it to you. I will hit you up via PM.

Brian
Appreciate 0