BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

08-20-2014, 01:42 PM   #23
EuroKar
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd2003 View Post
You're AFR's with the Dinan piggy are 14's in the midrange too LMAO. Its a direct injection motor and classic AFR's are not comparable. It doesn't move toward 12:1 ratio's until the upper rpm band . Its very unnerving for dyno operators not used to looking at a direct injected engines AFR's. A lot of unnecessary panic on this thread.
I never claimed anything with either setup.
And I have yet to find a dyno shop that will do more then plug directly into the OBD port. They are not monitoring enough on these systems with dyno runs.
But, I feel there is misguided information on forums in regards to the vehicles lambda readings without cats.
This is a forum and its supposed to have mixed reviews to inform each other what were all experiencing.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 01:59 PM   #24
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroKar
Quote:
You're AFR's with the Dinan piggy are 14's in the midrange too LMAO. Its a direct injection motor and classic AFR's are not comparable. It doesn't move toward 12:1 ratio's until the upper rpm band . Its very unnerving for dyno operators not used to looking at a direct injected engines AFR's. A lot of unnecessary panic on this thread.
I never claimed anything with either setup.
And I have yet to find a dyno shop that will do more then plug directly into the OBD port. They are not monitoring enough on these systems with dyno runs.
But, I feel there is misguided information on forums in regards to the vehicles lambda readings without cats.
This is a forum and its supposed to have mixed reviews to inform each other what were all experiencing.
This was a simple case of a dyno operator not understanding direct injection AFR's . And honestly you were the one aiding misinformation in this case . The fact is at the recommended settings the AFR's are not lean catless, with the BMS , or both . Sure there is a limit to the fueling capacity and ECU adaptation but that's not even close at the base settings with downpipes . The fact is these motors run very " lean" in the midrange compared to port injection motors because they are direct injection and 14.5 AFR's at 5k rpm is completely normal at the tailpipes . The readings from the DP's is a bit lower but not much for a full catless set up , just the nature of a true DI engine .
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 02:39 PM   #25
EuroKar
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
This was a simple case of a dyno operator not understanding direct injection AFR's . And honestly you were the one aiding misinformation in this case . The fact is at the recommended settings the AFR's are not lean catless, with the BMS , or both . Sure there is a limit to the fueling capacity and ECU adaptation but that's not even close at the base settings with downpipes . The fact is these motors run very " lean" in the midrange compared to port injection motors because they are direct injection and 14.5 AFR's at 5k rpm is completely normal at the tailpipes . The readings from the DP's is a bit lower but not much for a full catless set up , just the nature of a true DI engine .
haha Not true at all man.
I simply stated that running a stock S63T against a catless S63T back to back showed that the catless had a lot less performance and was running more lean. I'll have to find the dyno sheets and post them up.
And that to take full advantage of that setup a proper ECU tune would benefit that setup.
Also I am asking other members who are monitoring their own vehicles actual operating values how they are doing it and what they are seeing from their own setups.
Seems like you are an expert in this field so what are the proper operating values for a S63T ?
We are all here for looking for knowledge as car enthusiast's
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 02:49 PM   #26
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2o13 m6 f13

I appreciate everyone that has replied in this thread. This type of shit is what makes a forum like this great. I agree it was the dyno operator's lack of knowledge of direct injection because I just did my own research and 14:1 should be fine.

The dyno guy specializes in fuel (port) injected and turbo 1/4 drag cars and has not messed around with many (if any) of these types of cars. I've know the guy for a while and he has tuned my injected 67 Camaro and has a great job.

We all lack in certain areas and I am happy he held off because it allowed me to gain some knowledge on the subject (thanks to you guys). Appreciate it fellas!

Brian
/// 2o13 m6 f13 . jb4 tuned . meth injected . msr intake . 21" adv1 wheels . eisenmann race w/ catless DPs . vorsteiner full aero . accuair e-level w/ bagged KW V3 struts . dinan sways . bel stir+ w/ alp jammer . jl audio subs
/// 2o13 x5m e70 . velos tuned . 22" adv1 wheels . dropped on kw variant3 coilovers . passport 9500ci radar & jammer. gets groceries fast
Appreciate 0