BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

10-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #1
dutycalls
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M6

UK M6 Coupe with some IND love

Sorry for the poor quality pics, but wanted to show off my IND parts which really give the car the perfect finishing touch.

Can't comment on the install as my dealer did it and they said they needed to remove the front bumper. They had some issues doing the install as it caused some cosmetic damage which they then had to make good! Glad they did it and not me!

Parts themselves are great, OEM quality, well recommended. But mind the import tax if ordering from outside the US.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 12:43 PM   #2
dutycalls
Enlisted Member
Rep

+1
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #3
dutycalls
Enlisted Member
Rep

+2
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 12:47 PM   #4
dutycalls
Enlisted Member
Rep

+3
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 12:59 PM   #5
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ATPC's

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutycalls View Post
Sorry for the poor quality pics, but wanted to show off my IND parts which really give the car the perfect finishing touch.

Can't comment on the install as my dealer did it and they said they needed to remove the front bumper. They had some issues doing the install as it caused some cosmetic damage which they then had to make good! Glad they did it and not me!

Parts themselves are great, OEM quality, well recommended. But mind the import tax if ordering from outside the US.
Nice! You actually don't have to take the entire bumper off to change the grill. You can loosen it if you want but don't have to remove it completely. If you have someone with small enough hands you can take it off with undoing a screw.
      10-17-2012, 01:11 PM   #6
E92LNGCGY
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F97/Q5/982 GT4

Thanks for the great pictures.

Is that Silverstone or Frozen Silver? Can't really tell because of the crappy monitor resolution.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 01:14 PM   #7
dutycalls
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92LNGCGY
Thanks for the great pictures.

Is that Silverstone or Frozen Silver? Can't really tell because of the crappy monitor resolution.
Frozen Silver.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 01:31 PM   #8
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Frozen silver looks great with blacked out grilles!

This color was definitely my favorite on the M6 Coupe from the US Press Launch at Laguna Seca.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2012, 06:58 PM   #9
///M5Bruno
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e60 M5

This car is epic.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2012, 11:40 AM   #10
Nate@IND
Rep
Drives: BMW

Super clean! Thanks again
      10-20-2012, 06:03 PM   #11
JSCO
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AMG GT

def need more pics..what a beauty!!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #12
dutycalls
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks for the positive comments guys. If and when there is a break in the classically wet British weather, I'll try and post some more pictures.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2012, 02:04 PM   #13
6fws
Rep

Love the color! I had considered a frozen color myself (frozen grey), but figured that cleaning would be a pita. Any experience with that so far?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2012, 02:34 PM   #14
dutycalls
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6fws
Love the color! I had considered a frozen color myself (frozen grey), but figured that cleaning would be a pita. Any experience with that so far?
No major difficulties so far.

The problem I've found is there is a tendency to be more "paranoid" about trying to keep the car clean. There can be small spots (perhaps tar) that are tricky to get off as you are expressly warned not to apply too much pressure when rubbing/cleaning the paint. So you are always double guessing yourself on how to get the best/safest cleaning result.

For me it's worth it as this is not my every day car, but I think perhaps would become a pain (mentally more than actual) for those using the car day in day out and who are as fussy as me about their finish.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2012, 02:39 PM   #15
6fws
Rep

Quote:

The problem I've found is there is a tendency to be more "paranoid" about trying to keep the car clean. There can be small spots (perhaps tar) that are tricky to get off as you are expressly warned not to apply too much pressure when rubbing/cleaning the paint. So you are always double guessing yourself on how to get the best/safest cleaning result.

For me it's worth it as this is not my every day car, but I think perhaps would become a pain (mentally more than actual) for those using the car day in day out and who are as fussy as me about their finish.
What happens to be your daily driver, then?

I can relate as I'm pretty anal about the finish myself, so frozen was a no-go for me (I chose white)
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2012, 02:52 PM   #16
dutycalls
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6fws
Quote:

What happens to be your daily driver, then?

I can relate as I'm pretty anal about the finish myself, so frozen was a no-go for me (I chose white)
M-sport 3 series day in day out.

White is always a standout color, good choice and I think light colors suit this shape far better than the darker tones.
Appreciate 0