BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

07-26-2012, 09:19 AM   #1
evanevery
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: iXM60, i8 Rdstr, M4, i7 M70

Question 2013 M6 Convertible PDC Delivery Question

I just ordered a 2013 M6 Convertible (Alpine White / Amaro Brown Leather) and wondering if anyone knows how long it typically takes to get the vehicle delivered to the Performance Delivery Center? I don't even have my production number yet, but I'm trying to set my expectations...

I did a PCD on a 2013 X6M in May but that vehicle was built right next door in the plant at Spartanburg. The M6 will obviously involve Ocean Transport as well. I also understand that the plant in Dingolfing may close for a couple of weeks in August...

Anyone know how long it should take from Order to Delivery? Thanks in Advance...

(RePost - Sorry - Originally posted this with the wrong vehicle name (X6M) in the title...)
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2012, 12:45 PM   #2
m630
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X4M Comp / ‘22 X3 / f136

Garage List
‘22 X4MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanevery View Post
I just ordered a 2013 M6 Convertible (Alpine White / Amaro Brown Leather) and wondering if anyone knows how long it typically takes to get the vehicle delivered to the Performance Delivery Center? I don't even have my production number yet, but I'm trying to set my expectations...

I did a PCD on a 2013 X6M in May but that vehicle was built right next door in the plant at Spartanburg. The M6 will obviously involve Ocean Transport as well. I also understand that the plant in Dingolfing may close for a couple of weeks in August...

Anyone know how long it should take from Order to Delivery? Thanks in Advance...

(RePost - Sorry - Originally posted this with the wrong vehicle name (X6M) in the title...)
You need to find out first when your car may been produced before estimating delivery. You need to contact your dealer to ask when the production slot is for, if its not for July then it wont be till Sept most likely, and then it can be more than a month from that point
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2012, 09:39 PM   #3
southern6er22
Southern6er22
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i xDrive M Sport Coupe

Garage List
I'm not sure about the M6, but here's the timeline for my 2012 650i:

Start production: 12/22/2011

Factory closed: approx. 12/24/2011-01/04/2012

Ship to port: about 2 days (day 1 being 01/05/2012)

Sat at port: about 6-7 days

In transit (crossing Atlantic) - about 14 days

Arrived at US port (Georgia) - Sat. 01/28/2011

Arrived at dealership (Mobile, AL) - Mon. 01/30/2012 by 9:30 am.

Took delivery - 01/31/2012

This is a rough outline for the timing, but had the factory not shut down, I think it would've been 1 month start to finish. I did the One-on-One program (PCD sans taking delivery) a little over a week after picking up my car. I think they typically have to hold vehicles for a while to fit the PCD schedule, so that can make a pretty big difference independent of production and shipping. I was told I'd have to wait until mid-March if I wanted to do the true PCD.

The production date is the big piece of info you need to get from your CA. If they have that number, then they should have a production slot. They should be able to call and check the PCD schedule to secure a spot for you a week or so after the approximate delivery date.

Not sure if this is helpful, but it's all kinda iffy even after you get a production number, especially when you factor in PCD.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2012, 10:36 AM   #4
evanevery
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: iXM60, i8 Rdstr, M4, i7 M70

Thats all good info, thanks!

I have my Production number. The customer web site shows nothing - the car is even in the wrong colors - but I expect its because the allocation was traded between dealers and the system hasn't caught up yet...

I called BMWNA, as their info is usually a little more timely, and although they were not able to give me a production date, they did say the car is "scheduled for production". The BMWNA rep said their system did not show the actual date, but that I should be able to get it from my CA. I'm currently waiting to hear back from him...

I went through this all earlier this year while waiting for my X6M to get built. There were many more complications as we had to wait for the start of the 2013 production. There was also a major Monroney hold delay at the start of the model year. So I'm curious how all this is supposed to play out under more "normal" circumstances.

I did give the nice folks at the PDC a heads up as they were instrumental in getting a workable PCD slot for me last Spring. I know they can't do anything until they get a delivery date, but I'm also heading down there in Nov for the two day Advanced Driving Course...

The wait begins (again)...
Appreciate 0