BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

12-02-2023, 01:29 PM   #1
ToBMWma
Poland
Rep
Drives: F30 328ix

EPS teach in

hello, i have a problem with teaching in EPS, everything seems ok till comeback to the middle, after that it shows fault, Do any of you know by any chance if i can meaby use another programe ( i use ISTA+) for example E-SYS?
or why it is like that, ( there are 3 faults one is "internal EPS control unit fault" another one is "steer slower" and third one i don't remember but it was something about steering sensor but when I go out of the teaching procedure and read fault memory there is only one and it says that i have to do the EPS teach in)
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2023, 12:42 PM   #2
TheNine90
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

The fault indicates a faulty component, best to replace it.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2023, 07:04 AM   #3
SWFLf10
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpina B6, 2015 535i

Garage List
You may need to initialize the steering angle sensor. I recently replaced the SZL (clock spring) and reset a few things to get it working and happy.

I don’t remember all the details with with ISTA I believe I reset or initialized the steering angle sensor as well as the EPS system. It kind of guided me through it after reading the codes.
Appreciate 0