BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

07-01-2022, 01:45 PM   #1
SpikySimonW
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F13 640d | E60 M5 | E66 730d

Navituning - anyone know what their solution actually is?

Hi,

Question for anyone using or having looked into Navituning https://navituning.azurewebsites.net/home

They provide a solution that, for a one-time fee, enables RTTI traffic info to be received a) without a BMW ConnectedDrive subscription and b) via Bluetooth = perfect for both saving on annual subscription and, more importantly, surviving the combox 3G sunsetting. Despite their imo lackluster website it does apparently work.. the only catch being you have to have a working setup complete with an ACTIVE ConnectedDrive subscription for them to work their magic. Here in the UK we still have 3G for another 6 months so I'm within this window of opportunity.

My question is I wonder exactly what they do? It's a file on a USB key thing (emailed to you) but then there's the requirement for an active connection so it can't just be a simple coding option.. or is it? I'm quite tempted but first want to make sure it's not just something like the various BimmerTech programming offerings which, while I'm sure are great for some people, for others are a waste of ££ for a <5 minute coding job I could do myself for free!

Any ideas?

Last edited by SpikySimonW; 07-02-2022 at 05:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2022, 02:20 PM   #2
MoFoHo
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

Garage List
2015 BMW M6  [7.00]
I'd be interested to know more too. Also in the UK here, I currently have RTTI enabled and it works pretty well. Plus the online search is pretty good too.
I didn't know that 3G is coming to an end in the UK? If so that's a shame.

Does the Navituning add a basic browser to iDrive? To enable the 'hack'?
I'd also want to know if this use of a bluetooth data connection disables bluetooth audio streaming?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2024, 03:33 PM   #3
Albertburroughs
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW x3

Hi, sorry to resurrect an old post, but did either of you get anywhere with this outfit? I’ve got an active subscription, but it’s only running on 2g now, wondered if navituning would sort out the connectivity a bit?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2024, 11:56 AM   #4
MoFoHo
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

Garage List
2015 BMW M6  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertburroughs View Post
Hi, sorry to resurrect an old post, but did either of you get anywhere with this outfit? I’ve got an active subscription, but it’s only running on 2g now, wondered if navituning would sort out the connectivity a bit?
Hi there. No, I didn't pursue this any further. I don't have the 640d now. I have an M6, and although it IS 'connected', it's v-e-r-y s-l-o-w indeed. Far slower than my 640d was. Has 3g reverted down to 2g now? How do you know?
Appreciate 0