BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

05-24-2013, 06:34 PM   #1
SpectreMech
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 iDrive 35is

Loose Seat

I passed on a 2010 Carrera S as a commuter because my local BMW dealer took my 335i and gave me a great deal on the last 2012 640i he had on the lot.
It's pretty awesome for what I'm doing (85 miles a day on I-5 into Seattle at 27.4 MPG to date), but the drivers seat is loose in it's lateral mount and makes a loud "clack" every time I turn a corner and my weight shifts.
The car has the upgraded seating package - 17 way adjustable, or whatever it is - and I've run it all the way to the stops to try to take any slop out of the linkage with no success.
There's a long thread on the M6 forum about a seat squeak that's plaguing that model. There's an advisory from BMW, but apparently the fix isn't working that well. I'm hoping my "clack" isn't the M6's squeak.
Hoping this is an easily curable one-off. Anybody else having an issue?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 03:08 PM   #2
13 NF
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 50e

Had same issue

I have had same issue with the passenger seat, I have comfort seats too.

The dealer has sorted, but only had car back one day.

The general vibration through my car is unacceptable, and the steering wheel is at least 10 degrees off centre.

Just piss poor on this value of car!
Appreciate 0