BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

05-07-2015, 01:34 AM   #1
naif63
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 650I

Question what's your next car after the 6 series?

For me I'm thinking about something different. ( G63 or Range rover sport supercharged )

So what's next for you?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 02:37 AM   #2
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe`

Quote:
Originally Posted by naif63 View Post
For me I'm thinking about something different. ( G63 or Range rover sport supercharged )

So what's next for you?
I'm leaning towards an M5 or maybe even an M4 and going full bolt ons.. If i leave the BMW camp I might try out the Audi S7, or the Jag F type R coupe.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 12:26 AM   #3
naif63
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downfourit View Post
I'm leaning towards an M5 or maybe even an M4 and going full bolt ons.. If i leave the BMW camp I might try out the Audi S7, or the Jag F type R coupe.
F type v8 is niiice. S7 is not that good 0-60 around 5sec I guess I mean going to sport car it must be more faster than what you have now unless it's Rs7
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 12:56 AM   #4
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
F type v8 is niiice. S7 is not that good 0-60 around 5sec I guess I mean going to sport car it must be more faster than what you have now unless it's Rs7
They are pulling a lot of power out of those Audi's with tuning, there is no real tuning option for the N63TU so you can make the S7 faster than the 650i gran at the moment. Eventually when there is like a JB4 for the N63TU it will be a different story.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 02:39 PM   #5
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

I'm really glad this topic came up, because I would like some genuine feedback from you guys.

So I am really torn between the X6M or an X6 50i.

I really want the power and prestige that comes with the X6M, but honestly, that power would go to waste since most of my driving environment would not allow such a beast to be free. Also, the exterior color options are not calling out to me, Although I would settle for the Donnington Gray if I go for the M. I was looking forward to having the full digital cluster in my next bimmer, which is not available on the M either. Highly disappointed about that.

The 50i on the other hand would have the digital cluster that I wanted, and I really like the Graphite Gray as an exterior color. I would definitely go with the Msport package on the 50i. The only thing the 50i is lacking in my opinion is the power, prestige , the seats of course and the transmission selector found in the X6M .
What are your thoughts? My lease will be up this winter, so I would like some help and knowledge and experience from you all.
      05-08-2015, 02:54 PM   #6
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
I'm really glad this topic came up, because I would like some genuine feedback from you guys.

I really want the power and prestige that comes with the X6M, but honestly, that power would go to waste since most of my driving environment would not allow such a beast to be free. Also, the exterior color options are not calling out to me, Although I would settle for the Donnington Gray if I go for the M. I was looking forward to having the full digital cluster in my next bimmer, which is not available on the M either. Highly disappointed about that.

The 50i on the other hand would have the digital cluster that I wanted, and I really like the Graphite Gray as an exterior color. I would definitely go with the Msport package on the 50i. The only thing the 50i is lacking in my opinion is the power, prestige , the seats of course and the transmission selector found in the X6M .
What are your thoughts? My lease will be up this winter, so I would like some help and knowledge and experience from you all.
If you are leasing go with the M, the residual and money factor are the same on the M as they are on the 50i (at least right now they are). You could get the M individualized, which means you can get whatever color you want for a price. I wouldn't worry about the digital cluster, I have it, but it's nothing special because it can't be customized at all. Also I am pretty sure the x6m comes with the M hud right?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 02:56 PM   #7
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

If you know that you're not going to want, need, or use the power of the M then the answer is right there in between the lines. If you were a performance junky and you wanted the power above all then the M would be the way to go. Either way it will be a great choice as the X6 is a really nice car! If you ever want more power you could get it tuned through BMS, and one of those power pedals from VR, should be right under the X6M at that point and you wouldn't notice much of a difference
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 07:25 PM   #8
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1
Quote:

If you are leasing go with the M, the residual and money factor are the same on the M as they are on the 50i (at least right now they are). You could get the M individualized, which means you can get whatever color you want for a price. I wouldn't worry about the digital cluster, I have it, but it's nothing special because it can't be customized at all. Also I am pretty sure the x6m comes with the M hud right?
The X6M definitely has the M HUD which was pretty cool when I checked it out at the dealership last week.

You brought up a great point... if the residuals are the same after crunching the numbers, then the M would be a great lease option.

Decisions, decisions
      05-08-2015, 07:36 PM   #9
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downfourit
Quote:

If you know that you're not going to want, need, or use the power of the M then the answer is right there in between the lines. If you were a performance junky and you wanted the power above all then the M would be the way to go. Either way it will be a great choice as the X6 is a really nice car! If you ever want more power you could get it tuned through BMS, and one of those power pedals from VR, should be right under the X6M at that point and you wouldn't notice much of a difference
You are right about the whole "need of power " statement.

Do I need the power of the M...? No.

Do I want the power...? HELL YEAH!!!

If I could get the M in graphite gray and the digital cluster, I would already have made my choice.

My problem is, I could get the 50i, and have the exact color I want, and the digital cluster I like, wrapped up in a package with more than enough power for my commute. I know the X6 50i has the same engine as my current car, and my GC is already over powered for my driving around NY.

The X6M is... well the M! Very aggressive looking, awesome performance when I call for it (maybe 3-5 times a year) but I would be "settling " for an exterior color, and "sacrificing " the digital cluster which I like, even though I know a lot of people find it gimmicky. All for 20k more that a car that has all the specs I want, except for the power.

I still have a few months before a decision has to be made, and I'm still leaning towards the M, but the practical side of me knows that the 50i is more than enough to suit, but not necessarily satisfy my needs.
      05-08-2015, 07:57 PM   #10
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:

If I could get the M in graphite gray and the digital cluster, I would already have made my choice.

My problem is, I could get the 50i, and have the exact color I want, and the digital cluster I like, wrapped up in a package with more than enough power for my commute. I know the X6 50i has the same engine as my current car, and my GC is already over powered for my driving around NY.

The X6M is... well the M! Very aggressive looking, awesome performance when I call for it (maybe 3-5 times a year) but I would be "settling " for an exterior color, and "sacrificing " the digital cluster which I like, even though I know a lot of people find it gimmicky. All for 20k more that a car that has all the specs I want, except for the power.

I still have a few months before a decision has to be made, and I'm still leaning towards the M, but the practical side of me knows that the 50i is more than enough to suit, but not necessarily satisfy my needs.
I was pretty much in the same situation as you, currently have a 650, lease is coming up, and ended up placing an order on the Alpina.

I drive like a grandmother these days, the last thing I "need" is an Alpina. But the style and uniqueness got me to place the order.

Are you not going to take advantage of the 6 month pull ahead program?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2015, 04:45 AM   #11
m_alnimah
Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep
Drives: 2016 Mini Cooper S 5 Door

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
I'm probably going to keep my 2013 640i GC, and buy a 2016 Challenger SRT and a Nissan Patrol (Same thing as the Big Infiniti, the Nissan Patrol is what the infiniti is based on)
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2015, 04:49 AM   #12
m_alnimah
Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep
Drives: 2016 Mini Cooper S 5 Door

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day

I say go for the 50i, get it M Performanced up with the M Kit, will be almost the equivalent of an X6M in a 50i Body... My brother did that on his E71...
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2015, 06:43 AM   #13
Bönz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

I already switched. Went from 650i to M5. It's not just the power, this is an entirely different vehicle on many fronts No regrets. It's my third M and I love it.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2015, 06:47 AM   #14
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1
Quote:

I was pretty much in the same situation as you, currently have a 650, lease is coming up, and ended up placing an order on the Alpina.

I drive like a grandmother these days, the last thing I "need" is an Alpina. But the style and uniqueness got me to place the order.

Are you not going to take advantage of the 6 month pull ahead program?
Congrats on the incoming new toy!! Not to many things say prestige like an Alpina.

I know what you mean. For the most part, when I'm in traffic (which is 90 %of the time) I drive conservative , but on the rare occasion I do like to play on the streets and I am itching for my first M.

I'll be back on this thread in a few months when I'm eligible for the pull ahead program and posting pictures of whatever I have them build for me.
      05-09-2015, 06:51 AM   #15
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnz
I already switched. Went from 650i to M5. It's not just the power, this is an entirely different vehicle on many fronts No regrets. It's my third M and I love it.
I know you've been around here for a while and I remember when you made the switch. Sounds like you have no regrets for spending the extra cash on the M. I have a tough decision to make because I don't want to have a buyer's remorse after a year or so, on either of the cars I'm looking at as my next purchase, lol
      05-09-2015, 06:54 AM   #16
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_alnimah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day

I say go for the 50i, get it M Performanced up with the M Kit, will be almost the equivalent of an X6M in a 50i Body... My brother did that on his E71...
I,have considered this... get the exact car I want, then enhance the performance with a few mods.

I will crunch numbers when the time comes and I will keep you guys updated... Especially whenever I get my new toy.
      05-09-2015, 08:48 PM   #17
jwblack750
MBACPA
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 640xi Gran Coupe

I think I have to let my wife go first, and she will likely go from her '14 435xi to a '16 X6 or X4. I'm going to hold off for a few years, and go from my '14 640xi GC to an M6 GC. In some ways, I hope they keep the exact same body style, but I'm also curious what they might do to the next iteration of the M6 GC. Honestly, I should have waited a couple years and saved for the M6, and I could have had one by the end of next year. The job I have comes with a company truck, so I didn't even need the 640. In fact, I only have 2,500 miles on it.......I bought it 11 months ago.

Somebody will get an amazing car when they buy mine in a few years. It will be four years old and only have 10K miles on it!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2015, 04:14 PM   #18
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by naif63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downfourit View Post
The S7 keeps up with the M6 pretty well. Something magical about that engine. http://m.caranddriver.com/reviews/20...rm-test-review
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 12:13 AM   #19
naif63
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_alnimah View Post
I'm probably going to keep my 2013 640i GC, and buy a 2016 Challenger SRT and a Nissan Patrol (Same thing as the Big Infiniti, the Nissan Patrol is what the infiniti is based on)

Come on man. It's like I don't know how to say it lool. Sell you 640 and get m6. Or if you want to keep it as you say. So cancel the Nissan and get the new corvette.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 02:10 AM   #20
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Come on man. It's like I don't know how to say it lool. Sell you 640 and get m6. Or if you want to keep it as you say. So cancel the Nissan and get the new corvette.
Yeah i didn't get that either.. Keep the 640i GC, get a Vette and forget about those other 2. What's the point of the Challenger? It's a slow and heavy beast, if he said Hellcat that would have been another story, but the C7 Vette kills the Challenger all day in looks, handling, and performance.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2015, 02:16 PM   #21
Mrrippey
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 650gc, 2009 Audi Q5

Garage List
i8 (hopefully a more powerful version), F-Type V8 or the MB coupe (the new one). If money is low, used R8. Nothing happened ening until 2020. Wife will get an X6 next year.

Rippey
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2015, 03:25 PM   #22
raym3cs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: San Marino M3CS

im going to have to wait till december 2015 and i'm going to be ordering the 2016 bmw m3 ... and also going to be doing european delivery... CANt WAIT!!!

p.s ... i dont think im ever leaving bmw....
Appreciate 0