BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

02-15-2024, 07:39 PM   #23
dolfan400
Haiti
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madison51 View Post
Are those the Smoke color or red? Look nice!!
I have a black 2016 M6 convertible that I am thinking about upgrading the taillights on. I don’t want to have to worry about coding though. I want to plug them in and that’s it. Do you think I’d need to code?

Thanks
I’ve got the OEM red. Don’t be afraid of coding, it can unlock a bunch of other cool features if you choose to. Also, with Carly, it serves as a scanner as well, not that I have codes but if I do I don’t have to wait to find out what’s wrong. Not sure if beamercode does the same. Being that these are LED’s replacing bulbs it might require coding on some vehicles being that the car is checking for bulbs using a particular voltage that the LED’s won’t respond back to the system & can throw a fault code. I initially didn’t code my car & had no codes. I eventually coded for the LED’s because I also coded to have the taillights on with the DRL’s(daytime running lights) that way the light is on at all times. Also, get a wire/cable fishing kit to run the wiring through the trunk posts for proper wire management with the trunk opening & closing, fishing from top to bottom was easier for me
Appreciate 1
      02-15-2024, 08:22 PM   #24
Madison51
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

Thank you for your comment and recommendations. I may pull the trigger on these soon. Trying to decide between red or smoke for my black M6 convertible?

Do you have the info/link for Carly you could post to lead me in the right direction? I don’t know what that is ha ha
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2024, 06:44 PM   #25
dolfan400
Haiti
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madison51 View Post
Thank you for your comment and recommendations. I may pull the trigger on these soon. Trying to decide between red or smoke for my black M6 convertible?

Do you have the info/link for Carly you could post to lead me in the right direction? I don’t know what that is ha ha
Here’s a link to their site,https://www.mycarly.com/scanner/. There may be discount codes available for the scanner/subscription from vloggers all over YouTube if you search a little. They is a separate subscription fee for full software access on all of these coding platforms, research for your preferences. My Carly came with the car
Appreciate 1